Chap 8

To All The Dreams I've Loved

The weekend came quick and it was finally the day I would go to the amusement park with Renjun. Both of us agreed to meet at the amusement park at 2 pm. Currently, it was 10 am. I had already eaten breakfast and showered and just needed to pick out an outfit and do my hair and makeup. Even though I still had a lot of time to get ready I was still rushing to get ready because I didn’t want to be late.

Should I wear white overalls with a t-shirt or a corduroy skirt with a short sleeve? It’s kind of hot out today and we’re going to be out in the sun all day so I want to wear something breathable.

Tap. Tap.

Rocks were being thrown at my window, I looked out to see Jaemin with his head popped out of his window. Quickly I rushed to open mine.

“Help me decide an outfit,” I held up both outfits, “Overalls or the skirt?”

“What’s the occasion?” he asked.

“I’m going to an amusement park with a friend.”

He pursed his lips to the side and stared at both outfits, “Neither.”

“What? What do I wear then? This?” I held up a knit white sweater.

He shook his head.

“This?” I held up a black tank top with spaghetti straps.

He shook his head again.

“This?” I held up a gingham print crop top.

He shook his head again.

An hour later Jaemin had finally picked out an outfit for me, a light pink boxy shirt that had a small red heart embroidered in the center of my chest with sleeves that went to my elbows along with a pair of light wash blue shorts, white frilly ankle socks, and white shoes to top it off.

“Is this not too casual?” I asked Jaemin once more.

“It’s fine, you look fine,” Jaemin waved at my question once more.

“Thanks again,” I yelled out the window as I grabbed my blush off my counter and started dabbing my cheeks with it.

“Don’t put too much makeup! You look fine without it!” Jaemin yelled.

“No, I need to make sure I look good for this…”

Would this be considered a date? We are just going as the two of us, a guy and girl, alone, together. No right? Because he’s not interested in me, well at least he made it seem like he wasn’t, I think.

“Outing, yea outing,” I finished my sentence.

Jaemin rolled his eyes and propped an elbow up on his window sill, resting his chin on top. “Then can I come?”

I shook my head as I grabbed my liquid eyeliner, “No.”

Jaemin sighed, “I have nothing to do today, I’m going to be so bored all alone. I’m so lonely,” he started singing as I drew short wings on my eyelids.

Filling in my eyebrows with light I asked him, “Don’t you have friends? Why not ask them to hang out with you?”

“Hyeri why don’t we go instead? Tell your friend you two can hang out another time. We haven’t hung out together just the two of us in so long,” he whined.

“Which color?” I held up a coral and a bright pink lip tint.

“Pink,” he sighed, “But yeeeesss?” Jaemin asked again.

I swatched the small stick across my lips and popped my lips together, “Nope.”

He let out a long sigh, “Guess I’ll see if any of my friends are free.”

“Have fun,” I waved at him and brushed my hair a few times, “I’ll see you later ‘kay?” I closed my window shut and waved at him once more before closing my curtains.


A/N: Hello~ with the current situation with the covid-19, please remember to wash your hands and take precautions.