Chapter 8

As The Fire Dances With The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A moment later, Taehyung straightened out the wrinkles on his attire and approached one of the royal servants he was comparatively close to. “Oh, Seolhee-noona! Aid me in my despair yet again! Unfortunate news has troubled my ears, and I wish to speak to the Jeon Prince while I have the chance!” His lips twisted into an exaggerated frown, waiting for the other to respond.

A sigh left Seolhee’s lips as she hummed a tune to herself, walking across the hallway and scribbling down some information in a vellum that she carried.

“I hereby order you to state the chamber in which Jeon Jungkook resides!”, the prince exclaimed as his patience diminished.

The servant stopped in her tracks, turning on her feet and leaving a strict gaze on the prince who hopped with anticipation. “Your Highness, how keen and ingenious you are, I am so profoundly surprised!” – her sarcastic comment earned a whine from the male whose eyes shone with hope.

“As you wish, Your Highness! Please proceed towards the last chamber to the right of this corridor. I can, by no means, prevent you from discoursing with an acquaintance, hours before his departure. Cherish the day, Your Highness, cherish the day.”

Taehyung disregarded his servant’s words, the truth too heavy on his shoulders; he dreaded the thought of the Jeon Prince leaving the kingdom. As he strolled through the long corridor, he took wider steps, unable to restore any form of tolerance. Approaching the designated chamber, he let his eyes linger in search of a servant, but the passage was empty. Acquiring all the courage he could muster up, he stepped closer to the door and gently knocked.

There was a painful silence engulfing the area; the prince tapped his feet rhythmically, traces of patience fading out. “Jeon Jungkook!”, he spoke in a bold tone as he continued to knock. “Hear my voice! Jungkook, do respond if you are inside! I must speak with you at once!”

As a frown climbed onto his lips, immediately did hope cruise through his veins as his ears perked up at the sound of footsteps. Much to his expectation, the door slid along its frame, revealing the eastern prince, clad in a maroon robe.

“Y-Your Highness?”, Jungkook stuttered as he inspected the figure outside his room.

Before either of them could speak, the muffled voice of one of the ministers echoed through the hallway. A soft gasp escaped Jungkook’s lips, before he firmly gripped the dazed prince’s arm, pulling him into the chamber.

“Jungkook…”, Taehyung whispered as he watched the other close the door.

“Your Highness, what brings you here at this time of the day?”, Jungkook asked in a monotone voice – his shoulders stiffened as he saw the sorrowful expression on Taehyung’s face.

The latter shook his head vigorously, “Jungkook, I have insisted upon you addressing me by my given name! Likewise, I insist you lower your shoulders and speak to me as we always do…” Taehyung’s hushed voice matched the awkward silence that entrapped the room. He reached ahead for the other’s hands, holding them gently as he spoke with an equally gentle tone.

“Jungkook, my fervent fire… Not once have you spoken to me of your scheduled departure, and I am severely wounded. Why must you do this to me? Is there no opportunity to be presented for which you may stay in this kingdom with me? I refuse to accept this!” His lips quivered as he raised his voice, the grip on the other’s hands loosening.

On the other hand, Jungkook was serene and poised, staring intently at the other; he brought themselves to sit on the bed. “Please accept this mediocre apology, despite being from the depths of my trembling heart… I simply couldn’t utter these words of misery, yet I hoped you would know of this farewell from His Majesty himself… I sincerely apologise, my wise wind, I truly do… I have no choice but to depart along with my father and the royalty of the Lee Kingdom…” Jungkook wore a dull expression, while his eyes glistened with unshed tears.

He added, “I have spent my life praying for a certain someone to appear, someone who understands me, someone who brings the stars closer, someone who ignites the candle’s fire, someone who reciprocates my feelings… Taehyung, these few days have brought me sheer delight and joy. These days shall remain unforgettable, irreplaceable, and so close to my heart. All I ask in return is for your forgiveness…”

“Then I refuse to forgive you. It is too soon for you to abandon me. I cannot bear the thought of yet another precious soul leaving me. Have you forgotten your own words? You undertook the task of teaching me archery, and all I ask for, all I want are a few more days… If I were to convince my father to let you sojourn for another week, would you?” Taehyung’s desperate approach evoked a smile from the other.

“Of course. However, as upsetting as this may sound, His Majesty wouldn’t let me stay without a plausible reason…”

At that, Taehyung rose from the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter