Year One: Into The New World

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Yena and Yuri creepily smiled at me, I diverted my attention towards my fellow housemates, listening to their conversation. The girl across from me poked my shoulder, and I looked up to her to see her smiling widely.

"Hello, I'm Chaeyeon, a second year at Hogwarts. And you are?"

"My name is Kim Minjoo, first year."

Once I had said my name, I saw from the corner of my eye the girl from earlier. The guy who looked quite similar to me, maybe he's Chanyeol? He stared at me for a little bit, he was interrupted and stopped looking at me when he heard his name. He didn't bother turning around to who had called him, and just looked at his food and continued eating it.

"Nice to meet you! Hope we can be friends."

Chaeyeon takes a bite of her food, but immediately spits them out. "I should've chosen the other plate. I want to taste my mom's food now..." The latter mumbled quietly.

"You can have my plate." I offered my food to her as she refused. "It's alright, I'm not hungry anyways..." That was an obvious lie. At the exact moment, my stomach begins to growl.

"How about we just share?" I offered once again as Chaeyeon chuckles. "Alright." She places her plate in between them, pushing Chaeyeon's plate away.

"It's to know that I've got someone by my side in this house... Yena is in Gryffindor and Yuri is part of Ravenclaw." I murmured to myself.

"Did you just say Yena?" Chaeyeon asks, while I nod back in response. "You know her?"

"Yeah I do, I hang out with her sometimes, mostly when Hyewon and Sakura are there."

"Who's Hyewon and Sakura? Are they in Hufflepuff?" I queried. "No, they aren't." Chaeyeon shook her head while turning around.

"They're both seconds years like me, but they're in Slytherin." She answers my question while scanning the Slytherin table. "They're at the very end of their table on the upper left side." She pointed her finger towards her. "Slytherin? One of my friends told me there was no witch or wizard who hasn't become bad in that house."

"Well, not entirely. Yeah, I'll admit Slytherin has produced some bad wizards, but not all of them are mean. In fact, a lot of them are intelligent like Ravenclaw, brave as Gryffindor and somewhat friendly like Hufflepuff."

"Somewhat like Hufflepuff?"

"We're friendly, but they're somewhat in between friendly and mean, most Slytherins lean towards the mean side. Slytherin's are just being sharp. They're just being cautious, that's all."

----------

After an hour of doing Herbology, we had a ten minute break. I had dust and dirt all over my robe and face. I began removing the dust and dirt off of me with my hands, wiping it off.

I went to the girls bathroom to look in the mirror and get rid of remaining dirt. I looked at myself and checked my robe to see if there is anything left. I heard the bathroom stall door open, revealing the Chaewon girl from earlier.

I unknowingly stared at her for a little bit as Chaewon washed her hands. "Why are you looking at me? Am I that pretty?" She smirked, flipping her hair to the side.

"Yea- No!" I quickly changed my response, not wanting her to think that I'm weird for calling her pretty without even knowing her. "Sure, whatever floats your boat, you frog." Chaewon sarcastically remarked. She finished washing her hands and came closer to me. She started rubbing the tip of my nose with her thumb and walked towards the bathroom door.

"W-What was t-that for?"

"You had dirt on you. Also, you're blushing, want me to do it again frog? Well, sorry. Not." She left the bathroom immediately and closed the door.

I looked at her previous position, which was her washing her hands at the sink. "Rude." I mumbled quietly to myself.

I finished removing the dirt and dust off of me and headed back to Herbology. For the next hour or so, all I did was listen to the teacher talk about the class. It was boring. Although the mandrake looked cute at first, I tried to pet it, but it instead bit my finger and hung onto it.

----------

I sat down in Potions class, scribbling and jotting down notes on what the Professor had been teaching us. I glanced over to the left side without turning my head, Kim Chaewon. She's the girl who sits beside me in Potions class.

Kim Chaewon...

How would I describe her? I don't know her all that well, but as far as I know, she seems to be a bit mean and cocky. Is that her, or is she just that way towards me? The girl was definitely smart. She had been answering most of the Professor's questions. Whenever she knew the answer, she'd raise her hand immediately, not wanting anyone else to answer.

The girl beside me would be listening to the Professor with her chin resting on her palm, she'd remove it from time to time to write down notes of what the Professor had been saying. She might have been rude in the bathroom earlier as if she cared about nothing but annoying me, although I have to give it to her that she can focus on her studies.

-----------

I had Flying Lessons, and I'm able to command the broom to levitate off the ground after a couple of tries, but I wasn't able to control flying that well. I had listened to the Professor's instructions. Mount the broom, kick off the ground with your feet and fly. Instead of that happening, I mounted the broom and tried kicking off the ground, but instead fell over the broom and landed on my face.

I wasn't able to be good in this class, while a certain Slytherin was following the Professor's instructions, completing them flawlessly in a matter of seconds.

The next instruction was to fly in a straight line. Chaewon was able to kick off the ground and fly in a straight line, easily and balanced. "Chaewon, you're good at flying!" I heard the Professor praise her, and all I could do was roll my eyes.

I felt someone poke me, and I turned over to see Chaewon in front of me. "Jealous? I guess I'm naturally good, while you're just terrible." She chuckled, while walking away. That was rude. I scoffed at what she said. She's absolutely rude and annoying. This is only our first lesson, yet she has the nerve to say that I'm bad. It's my first time. I get it's her first time too and that she's good, but she doesn't have to brag about it in my face!

The Professor had to leave for a few minutes. He said he would be right back as soon as he could. He told us that none of us should be flying on our broomsticks while he's gone.

I saw a couple of people crowding around a male Slytherin and a Ravenclaw. "H-Hey, give that back!" The Ravenclaw begged, trying to get something out of the Slytherin's hand.

"What is this?" The Slytherin grabbed something from the Ravenclaw's hand and looked closely.

"P-Please, give it b-back!" The girl begged for him to give it back but the Slytherin refused.

"No. Why would I listen to a filthy Mudblood like you anyways?" He spat at the girl, while students gasped, along with laughters from other Slytherin students in the background. The Ravenclaw girl looked like she was going to cry at any moment.

The male Slytherin mounted his broom and flew a few feet off the ground. "Hey, what do you think you're doing? You're not allowed to fly without the Professor." A random Gryffindor shouted.

"So? Does it look like I care?" He scoffed.

"Give it back to her." Chaewon suddenly said whilst pushing through the crowd.

"No. If you want it back, then come and get it."

Chaewon immediately went on her broom and flew towards him. "What are you doing?! You're going to get in trouble!" They both ignored the person and began having a little staring contest.

"Give it to me."

"No."

The guy threw the item from his hand towards the castle. His throw was strong enough to be sent far away. Chaewon immediately flew after it and tried catching it.

The item was close to hitting the school's window, until Chaewon had ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter