Year Three: Sorry

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hallways were flooded with witches and wizards as always, chattering and babbling to each other. I noticed that many people were talking about a specific topic. They were all talking about Kim Chaewon, her name travelling throughout the school hallways. I overheard some students exclaiming about Chaewon, and how she got injured in the latest Quidditch game against Ravenclaw. It's been at least a week since that incident has happened, I haven't talked to Chaewon whatsoever during that time slot. She didn't attend classes as she would stay in the hospital wing recovering. I did overhear from a couple of students that Chaewon did get better, in fact, she could even walk. I was wondering as to why Chaewon didn't attend classes even though she could walk perfectly fine.

The noise of chattering continued, however it faded a bit. I looked over to where everyone had been staring, to see Chaewon and her friends walking down the hallway. I looked at everyone and they were absolutely flabbergasted. I kept hearing the same remarks and statements being repeated constantly. 

"How can she be so pretty?! This is so unfair."

"Damn, I wish I was that pretty..."

"She's so beautiful, do you think she'll recognize me from the other day?"

"Hey guys think I have a chance to be with Chaewon?"

I sighed and shook my head at these remarks. I get that Chaewon is pretty, but is that the only thing you're going to say about her? What about, "congratulations on recovering!" No?

I glanced back over to Chaewon, her eyes already meeting mine instantly. She had a small smile showcasing on her face as she waved towards me. She's waving towards me? Let alone smile at me? Am I mistaken?

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Chaeyeon leaning against the school wall. "Hey Minjoo!" She greeted me. I hadn't registered what she said yet, until I heard her repeat it once again. "Hey Minjoo?" I suddenly snapped out of it and smiled at her. "Sorry, I was zoning out." 

"It's alright, but I've just got one question to ask you," I nodded at her query, waiting for her question. "Why does it seem like everyone is dumbstruck, what are they even looking at?"

I turned my body slightly towards the direction to where Chaewon was previously. "Pretty sure they were all admiring Chaewon's beauty," I answered to see Chaeyeon raise her right eyebrow a bit. "What?" I was confused at the sudden 'eyebrow raise'.

"Not hesitating on admitting your girlfriend's beauty, huh?" Chaeyeon smirks as I shook my head furiously. I felt my face overheat, blushing madly red. "No! I- I mean yeah, she's pretty... wait- that's besides the point. She's not my g-girlfriend!" I stammered whilst I avoided Chaeyeon's eyes at all costs. "You're still admitting the fact that she's pretty. Got a crush on her?" She teases even further. "No!" I cover my face with my hands, wishing that she would just stop. "Whatever you say," she grinned as I groaned.

I put my hands down as I look at Chaeyeon. She had her back towards me, looking over to where Chaewon and her friends were. She had this gentle and soft look while smiling, I've never seen her look this way before. "Are you okay? Why are you looking like that?" I queried as she snapped out of her glance. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine... I'm just... she's stunning," Chaeyeon stammered. "Who?" 

"Sakura."

My brain took a while to process what she had just said, did she just say that Sakura, Chaewon's friend, is stunning? This is something new? "Why didn't you tell me about this?!" I exclaimed, slightly slapping her on the shoulder playfully. "Well, sorry..."

"How lucky I am to have her..." Chaeyeon sighed as she was lovestruck. Damn. This was something new to Minjoo, it seemed nice that she liked someone, but it seemed a little... I don't know, disgustingly cute? And 'How lucky I am to have her', the hell does that mean? Wait-

"ARE YOU DATING HER?" I blurted out in shock. "Yeah, I just told you that? Such a late reaction," she says, not bothered to even look at me. "I feel like my brain has scrambled today."

"Well, more like every day. Sometimes I'd like to believe that you've got only one brain cell, Minjoo." Chaeyeon remarked as I furrow my eyebrows together. "Rude much?"

"Whatever, anyways... How long have you guys been dating for?"

"Mmm... Almost two months?"

"Why haven't you told me?!" I whisper-yelled as Chaeyeon just shrugged her shoulders. "Never asked," Chaeyeon finished. "Do the others know?"

"Yeah."

"Why the hell am I the last one to know?!"

"Because you're too busy with your Chaewon crisis." I looked at her weirdly. Chaewon crisis? I most certainly do not have that. "Anyways, I'll be going now." Chaeyeon walked away and went towards Sakura, putting her arm over the latter's shoulder. I could see from the distance that the two were to involved with their conversation to even acknowledge Chaewon and Hyewon's existence for a moment. They both kept laughing with each other, even giving pecks. Damn, that's disgustingly cute.

I suddenly get startled by a loud noise. It was heard from the school's clock tower, signaling the start of lessons. I sigh, clutching my books in my hands tightly.

------------

It's the next day, and I've just entered the classroom to see everyone seated at their desk and Professor Hwang organizing for his next lesson. He turns around as his eyes wander around the room. His eyes suddenly stop when he sees Chaewon and I.

"Minjoo and Chaewon. You're being dismissed from class for today's lesson as you're being called by the headmaster." Professor Hwang says as he eyes us suspiciously.

I step backwards out of the classroom, silently waiting for Chaewon. Wait, why am I even waiting for her? I can just walk to the headmaster's office by myself. Before I can even walk by myself, I can hear Chaewon exit the classroom. "Do you know why the headmaster's calling us?" She asks as I shake my head. "No, why would I know?"

"I was just asking..." I mumbled under my breath.

We both walk towards the headmaster's office in silence. We stood in front of the door, looking at each other to see who was going to knock. I visibly saw Chaewon gulp, hesitantly bringing her hand up to the door and knock it. She knocks it ever so slightly, eventually getting startled from the door suddenly opening.

"Ah, come in you two!" The headmaster guided us in, we went inside to see both of our brothers standing at the end of the room.

"Alright, kids... Do you know why you're here?" The headmaster questioned while Chanyeol and Felix shook their heads. Chaewon and I looked at each other for a second and shook our heads right after.

"Alright, the other professors and I have decided to settle this issue, revolving around you four." He states, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter