Year Two: Typical Slytherin

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following Monday, Yena and I had been waiting outside the hallway for the Gryffindor Quidditch team spots. We waited several minutes until a couple of people came running down the hallway. One individual stood in front of the wall, placing a piece of paper and nailing it against the castle walls.

"Why is everyone hoarding around a piece of paper?" I mumbled as Yena kept jumping up and down out of excitement.

"Because the paper has the information on who's on the Quidditch teams?!" The latter said rather loudly. I raised my eyebrow at her whilst she was both excited and nervous. She was playing with her fingers, fiddling with them and pouting her lips a bit.

"I don't think I'll make it on the team..." Yena whispered timidly.

"Don't jinx yourself!"

"Jinx? Why would I use dark magic on me?" The latter questions confusingly. I mentally face palmed myself when Yena replied. Right, I forgot. Yena isn't a muggle; she's a pure-blood. I chuckled to myself, knowing that she thought I meant the dark charms type of Jinx. I mean, at least she's educated. Kind of.

"Nevermind, it's a muggle thing." I verified as she nodded. "Ah, okay. Thought you were telling me to Jinx myself." Yena chuckles nervously.

We heard some shouting of excitement in front of us. We forgot that the Quidditch team player selections were on the wall. Some began walking away from the selection sheet, either out of joy or disappointment.

We dragged our feet forward, coming towards the paper. I stood behind Yena, not being able to see the sheet. Her hands were shaking and kept hesitating whether her hands should be going up or down. "What is it? Did you make it?"

"I- I..." She began, but stopped right after.

"Y- You?"

There was a big pause after that. I had suddenly gotten scared because Yena turned around instantly and blurted out an "I made it!"

I punch her shoulder playfully. "Yah! You scared me. What took you so long to answer? I was starting to think you got rejected."

"Well, I made it didn-" Yena didn't get to finish her sentence because someone had came pushing and shoving through the crowd. "Move it! We need to see."

I looked over to see who said that, and it was a bunch of second year Slytherins. I looked closely to who had been part of the group of second year Slytherins. Chaewon. She was behind a few students. Why would she be here? She's already got a position on the Slytherin Quidditch team. 

"I SAID MOVE DIDN'T I?"

I looked over to who said that, it was the same person who was shoving through the crowd, telling them to make way for them. Yena grabbed my wrist, trying to make way for the Slytherin. I pushed her hand off, disobeying what the other second year had demanded.

"Who are you to say move?" I grumbled as the other scoffed.

"WHO AM I?! ARE YOU DUMB?" They fumed as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'M THE SON OF A WEALTHY PURE-BLOOD FAMILY. THE MALFOY FAMILY." He bragged angrily. 

"I don't care if you're wealthy, a pure-blood, whatever. We're all the same, you're no different." I said, but he still continued to argue.

"I'M NOTHING LIKE ANY OF YOU! NO WAY IN BLOODY HELL WILL I BE ANYTHING LIKE YOU MUDBLOODS!" He criticized rudely.

People began murmuring in the background, some gasping and in shock from what he said. He called some of us Mudbloods. Such a disgusting word to call people. This guy has no right to call muggles Mudbloods.

"That's enough." Someone attempted to stop us from arguing. I snapped my head towards their direction to have eye contact with Chaewon. We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds until Chaewon diverted her attention towards the other Slytherin.

"We don't need you two fighting right now. We only came for Quidditch selection spots, did we? Forgive and forget. Actually, I don't think forgiving is possible for you Malfoy. Forget about that." Chaewon remarked.

"Whatever."

Malfoy looked at the piece of paper, only for his ears to become red. "HOW DID I NOT MAKE IT?!" He fumed. Malfoy looked like he was ready to punch someone. "THIS IS ALL LUCAS' FAULT. HOW'D HE GET ACCEPTED INTO THE SLYTHERIN TEAM?"

He kept punching the air continuously out of anger. He eventually tossed the paper in the air, walking away while causing a tantrum. Some of the Slytherins followed after Malfoy whilst some stayed to look at the selection sheet.

"Did you both get in?" I heard a faint voice ask from behind me. I took a quick glance at whoever said that, turns out it was Chaewon.

"Yeah." "I got in!" Both girls replied, but the responses between the two girls were completely different. The first girl responded with no emotion while the other was happy.

Chaewon smiled and slung her arm around both of their shoulders, shaking them. "Knew you two could make it. Especially you Hyunjin, you're so freaking athletic. I envy it." This supposed Hyunjin girl grinned and thanked her. 

------------

"That Felix guy is getting on my nerves..." I heard Chanyeol mumbling under his breath. I sat down quietly, taking a peek at my brother who was talking with himself. "Is something wrong?" I queried as he pondered a bit in his mind.

"Yeah, Felix is just being an . He's annoying as hell. "Felix? Who's Felix? Why does his name sound so familiar?

"Who's Felix?" 

"Lee Felix. Kim Chaewon's brother." He sighed, laying his chin on his hand.

"Wait, what?" I was confused at first until he repeated the sentence.

"He's Chaewon's brother. They have different surnames due to family reasons." That's when everything clicked inside my head. Felix? Chaewon's brother? Isn't Felix, the guy I saw during Slytherin's Quidditch Practice last year? I've talked to him once or twice before, he was nice. Unlike Chaewon.

"I've talked with him before. Isn't he nice?" I slowly began as Chanyeol shook his head furiously. "No way in hell! Him being nice? That must've been some kind of miracle or something." He informed me as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe he's just mean to you." I assumed. If this was true then the two siblings must have a thing for being mean to us. 

I stood up and took Chanyeol by his hand, trying to get him up from his seat. "Come on, up. We're going." I stated as he refused at first. "Where are we going?"

"I don't kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter