Year Three: Obliviate

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The obliviate spell." Professor Hwang scribbled the words on the board, pointing and emphasizing the words written in front of the class. "The Memory Charm, also known as the Forgetfulness Charm. This spell is used to erase specific memories from a person's mind, and it could be an event..." Professor Hwang took a pause in the middle of the sentence, eyeing some of the students who weren't listening. "Perhaps the existence of a certain individual," he finishes. 

My ears perk up from this statement, raising my head up, whipping my head towards the Professor suddenly. My eyebrows furrowed together, wanting to know the details of this spell. Just like that, my full attention was absorbed in what the Professor had to say. "These spells are often used when a muggle has seen and witnessed anything related to the wizarding world," he explained.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Chaewon getting startled from me whipping my head so fast and sudden. Yes, it was another year where Kim Chaewon sat beside me. Unfortunately, this isn't the only class I have with her and sitting beside her at that. Ignoring the startled Chaewon beside me, I focused all of my attention to the Professor once again, wanting to know more about this spell. Chaewon glanced over for a final look before it faltered and then her attention went back to the Professor at the front. However, this so-called Memory Charm, perhaps Chanyeol used this spell on me when he left for Hogwarts. Nonetheless, how could he know this spell if he had just entered Hogwarts? He was only eleven years old at the time... With this, I was very confused on how Chanyeol managed to erase my memory back then. From thinking too much about how my brother would have done this, I was getting off track with the lesson.

"However, if this charm has been performed improperly..." he paused once again midway, looking over and making eye contact with me. Did I do something wrong? Why is he looking over here?

"It can cause brain damage, and it will have intense difficulty to recover from it." Professor Hwang broke the eye contact we made and looked over the classroom. "Once I had a student who tried performing this spell. Yes, in the end they did succeed, but that's not what it's about. The first try this individual had, it was improper. Although they received severe brain damage, they continued anyway. This particular person tried doing it for the second time and succeeded," he shared. "This specific person is currently still studying at this school..." He took a deep breath in and exhaled out. "The target of this charm is currently in this classroom with us."

When Professor Hwang had suddenly revealed such information, all I could think about was Chanyeol. Was it Chanyeol who tried doing the spell? Was I that one person in this classroom? I heard some students gasping from what Professor Hwang said, they were in shock to hear about this. To have someone in the classroom get their memory erased? People were murmuring on who would erase someone's mind in this classroom. I mean, we're all magical. No muggles, right? The only possibility and explanation I could get was if this was Chanyeol, if not... then I don't even know at this point.

Professor Hwang continued the lesson as usual, but from time to time I could hear Chaewon tapping the desk with her quill intentionally. Honestly, does this girl know when to stop bothering me? I guess not.

"Okay, pack it up kids! Get a move on. I've got to prepare for my next class!" He shooed us away, getting all of us out the door as quick as he could. "Jeez, what's his deal?" I heard someone from behind me say.

-------------

Yena slammed the table with her fist impatiently. "Don't you guys get bored from staying in the library all the time?!" She exclaimed, burying her head in her arms. Yuri, Chaeyeon and Nako didn't bother looking up at her, instead taking down notes inside their notebooks.

"What are you guys even doing here, what is there to do?" She remarked, sighing. "Nako and I have tests we need to study for" Yuri explained, not even looking up once. "Then what are you here for, Chaeyeon?"

"In case you didn't know, we have a test coming up for Defense Against the Dark Arts tomorrow. I'm just finishing up my last notes." Chaeyeon implied. Yena's eyes shot wide open and formed the shape of an 'o' with . "We have a test tomorrow?" Yena bluntly says. Yuri rolls her eyes as she face palms internally. "Look who's going to fail tomorrow." Yuri mumbled under her breath as Yena didn't quite hear that. "What was that?"

"Nothing"

"Whatever, anyways... what about you, Minjoo?" The latter suddenly calling out for me. "Oh, uhm... I'm just here because you guys are, that's it." I answered.

"Aren't you going to study for the test?" Yuri suddenly asks as I shook my head. "Already did that, I'll review my notes over tomorrow" I commented as she put a thumb up.

"If you're doing nothing right now, how about we go to the dinning hall? We've got to go there in five minutes anyways" Yena states. From this, I began gathering my stuff and so did Yuri, Nako and Chaeyeon. I mean, it's only ten minutes, you still got time to study later today.

We began walking towards the dining hall when we saw people already sitting inside, already separated by house. "Alright then, I guess I'll see you guys later." I waved by hands in goodbye as I walked over to the Hufflepuff table. I looked back to see Yena going over to Gryffindor table, Nako and Yuri by the Ravenclaws and Chaeyeon still in front of me.

Chaeyeon and I sometimes eat together at the dining hall since we're both from the same Hogwarts house. I sat down as Chaeyeon followed my actions. I glanced over to the left to see Chanyeol laughing with his friends. I need to ask him later. I need to ask him if that was him trying to erase my memories when he left for Hogwarts.

Months ago, I could remember the memory of Chaewon and Felix accusing our Father for their parents reputation and rumors about their Father being a 'death eater'. I still haven't asked my dad over the summer, and the thought of this just slipped my mind.

While I was lost in my thoughts, Chaeyeon pushed my plate towards me and urged me to eat. I shrugged my shoulders and took my utensils and began eating my food.

----------

I find myself in the library with Yena, Chaeyeon and Wonyoung sitting at the table. I was reading my book until I had heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter