Year Five: 3 Words, 8 Letters

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You totally have a crush on her," Yuri whispered in my ears. I snapped out of whatever daydream I was in, turning my head over and giving Yuri a glare. "I do not have a crush on her!" I whispered back aggressively. "If you didn't have a crush on her, you wouldn't have looked at her with those puppy eyes of yours. Besides, do you think I'm blind? I have eyes for goodness sake." 

My palm runs over my face in annoyance. "I don't have a crush on her, and I wasn't looking at Chaewon with those 'puppy eyes'."

"Whatever you say, but the both of you were just looking into each others eyes so lovingly."

"I'm not looking at her lovingly! Plus, Chaewon is still under that love potion, what do you expect?" I scoffed, crossing my arms. "You do realize that Chaewon still gives you that look, even without the potion, right?" Yuri replied immediately. There's no way that Chaewon looks at me like that, if she did, I would've noticed. Right? She couldn't possibly have a crush on me. That's ridiculous, we're friends.

"I told you already. Chaewon does not like me like that," I beckoned for her to stop. It's obvious that she doesn't like me!

"She does!"

"No she does not!" I protested for the nth time. 

"You must be blind, becaus-" Yuri began but was interrupted by a cough. "Ahem. Would you two like to tell the class what you're talking about?" We both faced the front, the professor glaring at us for talking in the middle of class. "May I remind you two that you're in class? It's not the time to be chatting about if this person likes you or not."

The professor rolled his eyes and went back to what he was talking about. Yuri began chuckling slightly, as I turned red, my face being flushed with a faint pink. "Whatever," I mumbled under my breath.

After a while, class finally ends. It was time to meet up with everyone at the Great Hall to eat some lunch. Yuri and I stood up from our desks and began to pack our things, until Chaewon abruptly stood up as well, and approached us. "Minjoo-ah..." Chaewon pouts cutely at me, quickly clinging onto my arm.

"Well, uh... I guess I'll go without you guys right now." Yuri says, walks out of the classroom. I cursed her silently for leaving me alone with Chaewon right now.

"Minmin, are you listening to me?" Chaewon grabs my face, directing it towards her. I shook my head slightly, only for her to slightly pinch my cheek. "Who were you talking about earlier? Who has a crush on you?!"

I hesitated at first to answer, but Chaewon does like me because of the potion, so... "I was talking about how you have a crush on me," I reply, only for the latter to show relief. "That's good... I love you! It's more than just a crush!" Chaewon beamed, as well as mumbling the first part. I look away from the girl who had sparkling eyes, avoiding eye contact with her, blushing slightly from her sudden confession. "Yeah, you've been telling me for the past week..." 

Even if she's been telling me this for a week, I'm still not use to it, and I don't cope or function well when Chaewon says that. My glances shift around the room, looking everywhere but Chaewon. 

I felt her tugging on my arm, and I look at her, finally making eye contact. "Y-Yes?" This time, Chaewon is looking at me intently with eyes full of affection and love. As of right now, her eyes are speaking louder than her words and actions. If her eyes are telling me this, I wonder what mine would say...

"I, uh..." I began, but stopped immediately. I malfunctioning right now, the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I looked into her eyes a little longer, getting lost into them.

Someone came barging in all of a sudden, making me look away and jump slightly. "Oh, uh... were you guys doing something? Sorry if I interrupted," a Ravenclaw student says. "No, no, it's okay. I, uh... we should be at the Great Hall now, right Chaewon?" 

"What do you mean it's okay? They interrupted our moment..." Chaewon muttered, nuzzling into my shoulder. "Let's go, the others are waiting for us."

Chaewon's fingers began to slide down my arm into my hands, slowly intertwining them together. "Do we have to go? Why can't we just stay here? Together, alone." She stated, frowning. On our way out, the Ravenclaw shouted out to us, "Sorry for ruining the moment!"

"They're our friends; we shouldn't be ditching them."

"Okay..." Chaewon continued pouting. She looked so cute, I just want to kiss that pout off her face! Wait a second. I did not just think about that.

Making our way towards the Great Hall, I could hear mumbling and other noises in the background. I peek over to the other hall to see Hyewon and Eunbi making out on the bench. I looked away instantly after seeing them kiss. "Not again..."

I grab Chaewon's hand and walk forward over to where everyone else is. "Let's not go into that hallway, two specific people are doing some business..." I warned her, making the latter shrug her shoulders.

We walk inside to see the eight of them talking with each other, laughing, bickering and teasing one another. We walked up to their table, receiving some grins and smirks from some of them. "The lovebirds are here," Yujin teases.

"Us? Lovebirds? You should've seen Eunbi and Hyewon right now." I shuddered, feeling a bit disgusted after seeing them kiss. It wasn't the first time I had seen it, and we saw them smooching and snogging over at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. But still.

I loosened my grip from Chaewon's hand. I was about to let go until she grabbed on even tighter suddenly.

The both of us sat near the edge of the table, by Wonyoung, Yena and Yujin. 

"Wait a second, that just made me realize. Where are those two?" Nako asks.

"In the hallway, snogging and kissing each other all over." I replied.

"Ew," was most of their reactions. Some of them laughed and chuckled because of our reactions to hearing the both of them making out in the hallways.

"Anyways, have you guys found a date for the Yule Ball?" All except Chaeyeon and Sakura shook their heads. 

The Yule Ball. I completely forgot those existed. The Yule Ball was a formal Christmas celebration, which is only held for students of Wizarding schools who participated in the Triwizard Tournament. Meaning all three schools. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute.

The conversation continued about who they might ask to the Yule Ball. Apparently they've planned on having all twelve of us go together to the ball. Speaking of which...

I looked over to Chaewon to see her staring at me. What if asked her to the Yule Ball? I continued to look at her straight in the eyes, not caring about anything else.

"Minjoo, are you okay?" Yena said in a playful tone.

"I am... I just..." This is the exact moment that I realized how intensely I was looking at Chaewon. We've been staring into each other's eyes for more than a minute, and I'm sure of it. This is awkward, seeing that everyone else, excluding Hyewon and Eunbi are here. It's even more awkward because I don't want to stop looking at her. I don't want to take my eyes off of the pretty girl beside me.

Some time went by, and Nako began mumbling to herself quietly. We could barely hear her.

"Things are changing," Nako muttered, but somehow Yujin could still hear it.

"Things are and will be changing," Yujin said sadly.

"I think a few things have already changed, and that's not the end of it. We just have to accept it, that's how life works..." Yujin sighs, looking down at her plate. Everyone else at the table furrow their eyebrows at Yujin, wondering why all of this serious talk was coming from her. Yujin of all people.

"Are you okay, Yujin?"

"Why are you suddenly acting all serious?"

"Is something happening with you?"

Yujin was suddenly being asked way too many questions, expressing their concern for the fourth year. Yena then sat up from her seat, she walked over to Yujin and whispered something into her ear. Everyone at the table could see Yujin stiffen and become frozen after what Yena had just said.

"Did I hit close to home?"

Yujin continued looking down and slowly nodded her head. Yena pressed her own lips into a thin line firmly, which eventually turned into a sad smile. Her eyes showed concern and sadness.

"C'mon, let's talk about this outside." Yena puts her hand on top of Yujin's shoulder, offering her to go outside to clear this up and hopefully help her. Yujin only nodded in response and stood up from the table. They both left the Great Hall  as our eyes followed them. When they were out of sight, the eight of us just looked at each other puzzled and confused. Well, actually seven. Chaewon still looks like she's in love with me because of the potion.

"I wonder what Yujin's thinking..."

"I mean, she seemed serious and Yena showed concern in her eyes."

We were all talking and chattering between the seven of us about the possibilities of what could've or might've happened.

"You know, maybe we should just leave it for now. They'll tell us eventually, right?" Wonyoung inquired.

"Hopefully."

---------

I sat in the library, going over notes and reading some books about the subjects I've been learning so far. Almost all of the fifth and seventh years come to the library often because of their O.W.L.s or N.E.W.T.s, and I'm nervous because around June I'll be sitting in the Great Hall, taking my O.W.L.s.

I was still going over my notes until I heard someone take a seat beside me. The familiar voice made m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter