Year Two: Pretty, But Rude

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent the whole summer doing absolutely nothing. It was the day where I'd be going back to Hogwarts, which I was very happy about. It was really boring doing nothing with no one to talk to. No Yena, no Yuri, no Chaeyeon. I'm not even close with Sakura or Hyewon, yet I'd rather be with them.

I was leaving today, but I haven't even packed yet. I hurried and went to the basement to find my suitcase. After I had found it, I dashed upstairs to get all of my things. I struggled to fit everything inside the suitcase, due to how many things I have brought.

I heard my parents calling my name from downstairs. "Minjoo honey, we're going to head out soon! Make sure you're ready and that you've got everything with you."

"Okay!"

I zipped up my suitcase and dragged the heavy case down with me. The bottom of the suitcase dragged along the floor as I walked outside to put it inside the car's trunk. I opened the car's door and hopped inside, I sat in the back either playing with my phone or looking outside the window.

We had eventually arrived at Platform 9¾, I looked at my parents then back at the brick wall. Before they could kiss me goodbye or say anything, I ran into the brick pillar along with my cart.

Both parents looked at each other, having a warm smile on their faces. Her father was worried at first about sending her off for another year. He was contemplating with himself if he should send me back to Hogwarts for another year or not. 'What if something bad happens?' was father's first thought, but had come to a conclusion that it was alright, hopefully, especially since Chanyeol was there.

two months earlier when I had come back from Hogwarts, one of the first questions my parents asked me is if I had seen Chanyeol. I hesitated at first, but decided to give in and tell them. I told them that we were both Hufflepuffs and that we got along very well. They smiled at first, but then it turned bitter once reality hit them, Chanyeol left them years ago. I knew for a fact that they're questioning where Chanyeol must have been staying out of Hogwarts.

Now at Hogwarts Express, I had sighed out of relief. I wasn't late, the train was still here and the brick pillar entrance was not closed off. I grabbed the handle of my cart and started walking forward. I had seen my brother Chanyeol in the distance. "Chanyeol oppa!" He turned his head towards me and beamed a smile immediately.

"Minjoo!" He waved his hands, gesturing for me to come closer. I walked closer and closer, dragging my cart along with me.

"How's the summer been?" Chanyeol asked while he slung his arm around my shoulder.

"It's been really boring. Nothing to do, no one to talk to." I yawned and looked up at him. "Hmm... No muggle friends?"

"Nope. Lost contact with them, I didn't have a phone number and they don't have phones."

"Why not?" Chanyeol queried as I responded quickly. "We're twelve years old. You think every twelve year old has phones?" I said as he just raised an eyebrow at me. "You know mailing is a thing right, Minguri?"

"Yeah, I know. But it's not like I'll have time to mail them."

"Okay, whatever you say."

"Minjoo!" I heard someone say my name from the distance, and I looked behind me to see Yena, Yuri and Chaeyeon together. Wait. Chaeyeon is together with those two? All three of them came closer until they were at least one meter away from Chanyeol and I.

"Hello Minjoo, hello to you too Chanyeol." Chaeyeon said, smiling as I looked rather confused. "Did you come here with both Yena and Yuri?" I asked her as she nodded her head. "Since when were-?" I was cut off when Yena started blurting words out. "Oh! Over the summer both Yuri and I began talking to Chaeyeon! She's really nice and friendly!"

"Ah, okay."

"Also, did you get the mail that I sent you over the summer?" Yena smiled as I still looked confused.

"You sent me mail?" Yena's smile began fading a little bit. "What do you mean? You didn't get it?" Yena replied quickly as I shook my head. "Oh my gosh! Errol... That darn old owl." The latter mumbled. "Sorry, my family's owl is a bit old, so I think he sent it to the wrong person."

"It's alright."

We heard someone shout, telling all of us to get on the train quickly. Chanyeol's arm was off my shoulder instantly, while I grabbed my belongings quickly. He had said a quick goodbye and went inside the train and into his friend's compartment.

Boarding the train, Yena and Yuri have already claimed a compartment. I don't know how, but they both entered the train quickly. I had seen a few other people in the compartment that were unfamiliar. I sat down beside Yuri and looked at the other girls in the compartment.

"Minjoo, these two are Wonyoung and Yujin! They're first years at Hogwarts." Yena introduced both of them to me. "Hi, my name is Minjoo. I'm a second year Hufflepuff at Hogwarts." I greeted Yujin as she said hello back rather loudly.

We were all talking with each other for our time being in this compartment, and I have to say. Yujin is quite charming. She's funny, nice and is kind of a crackhead. Also, even though we're all sitting, I can tell that both Yujin and Wonyoung are tall. Their legs are freakishly long and definitely longer than mine, Yuri or Yena's.

While we were all talking, I can see Wonyoung in the corner looking at a card from her box of chocolate frogs. She was analyzing it until she had jumped out of her seat from surprise. The compartment door slammed open, Wonyoung had lost her chocolate frog since it hopped out the window.

We looked at the door to see Chaeyeon. "Ah! Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon... LATE!" Yena remarked, shaking her head playfully. "Yah, who are you calling late? It's not like you're not late for class everyday." Wonyoung and Yujin began chuckling, Yuri shaking her head and Chaeyeon just glaring at her. "Well-"

"Save it. It's not like you're going to find a better excuse." Chaeyeon said as Yena looked offended, hitting her chest playfully. "Rude."

"It's true, though." Yuri mumbled, adding 'cough, cough' in between her words.

"Well, sorry I was LATE. I was in the compartment next door talking to some other friends." Chaeyeon stated.

"You have friends?" Yena babbled as Yuri hit her arm. "Yah! What was that for!?"

"Yes, in fact, I do have friends. Unlike you." Chaeyeon mumbled the last two words, but Yena could still hear it. "I heard that Chaeyeon!"

These two are here fighting about who has friends or not, but Yena had mentioned earlier that she made friends with Chaeyeon and she was apparently really nice and friendly to her.

"Whatever. Anyways, do you want to meet them? Maybe expand our friend group?" Chaeyeon offered as Yena just replied with a big yes, while the rest of us just nodded.

We all stood up to leave our compartment until Yuri had stopped us. "Wait, what if someone takes our compartment?" She remarked as some of us shrugged our shoulders. Soon enough, Yena had decided to take a piece of paper and write "DO NOT ENTER WEIRDOS." and slammed it on the compartment's door for anyone who passed by to see.

"Weirdos? The only weirdo that is on this train is you, Yena." Someone had stated. It was unclear who said it, so Yena looked back and forth between all of us. "Who said that?" She looked back at all of us, but none of us said anything. "Whatever, let's just go into their compartment."

We all walked into their compartment to see four girls, but two were familiar to me. "You three already know two of them." Chaeyeon said gesturing towards Sakura and Hyewon. "Wonyoung, Yujin, this is Sakura and Hyewon, they're both Slytherins at Hogwarts."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter