Year Six: Reasons To Love

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day arrives where I come racing through Platform 9¾ very eagerly. I've never been this excited for a Hogwarts year, whereas I only wave a goodbye and give an air kiss before disappearing through the brick pillar. "Mom, Dad, I love you! Bye!"

I was soon greeted with a crowd of people waving and telling their children goodbye, followed by a trail of I love you's from the parents. In search of my friends, I go through the crowd of people to find Yena, Wonyoung and Yujin chatting with one another.

Now at Hogwarts Express, I let out a sigh of relief. As I walk towards them, my eyes still wander around Hogwarts Express, trying to find any of our other friends. My eyes finally land on Minjoo talking with her brother, Chanyeol. I could feel the happiness bubbling inside my chest immediately after seeing her.

"Chaewon!"

I look towards the caller, who appears to be Yena. The tallest out of the three wore a blank face while the other two wore similar smiles to each other; it was bright and warm and was a somewhat smug grin. Approaching them, I was excited, but still sad at the same time, knowing that Eunbi and Sakura graduated from Hogwarts a few months ago. Despite the sadness I felt with their departure from Hogwarts, I still put on the biggest smile I could and hugged the three girls.

Boarding the train, Nako, Hitomi, Chaeyeon, Hyewon, Yuri and Minjoo have already claimed a compartment. Their compartment door was open, and Hyewon was munching on her cake whilst complaining about how Eunbi wasn't here for the year, Chaeyeon doing the same for Sakura, however she was not munching a cake as Hyewon took it all. Hitomi, Yuri and Nako were eagerly and animatedly discussing their summer vacations. 

Walking past the room, all my ears heard were the conversations that they were having, but all my eyes were seeing was Minjoo. My eyes were glued on her until I passed their compartment room, and quickly moving onto another, followed by another. 

A few compartments down, the three from earlier were still together and talking. Yena sat alone across from the other two, her eyes scanning the card from the box of chocolate frogs. I walked through the compartment door and shut the door abruptly, scaring Yena and making her jump in her seat. Yena pouts as she loses her chocolate frog, having it hop away and out of the train window. 

I sat down beside Yena, while the other two across from us were still unbothered, talking to each other happily. Yujin was talking very lively about these cute girls she saw last year in her class, along with some other girls during summer vacation, whereas Wonyoung was staring at Yujin, only nodding her head when it's appropriate. She still had the blank face from earlier, listening to her best friend half-heartedly.

"Didn't you tell me about this last night?" Wonyoung interrupts the other girl, who was talking about this Ravenclaw girl who was studying in the library for her O.W.L.s. "Yeah, but you weren't listening so..."

Wonyoung pressed her lips in a thin line, looking over at Yujin in a split second. "Well I was listening yesterday, so shush. I don't need to hear about these girls all the time." Wonyoung waves her hand around, dismissing Yujin and her thoughts of other girls.

"Oh, well... you could've just told me that," Yujin pouted her lips and looked down slightly. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you're just talking about a girl who you thought was interesting." Their conversation shifted from girls to potions and charms class real quick after that. 

After a while, I coughed a bit to catch their attention. Yena looks up from her chocolate frog box, Wonyoung and Yujin looking over to the side, facing me. "I have something to tell you guys." I said with a stern face. "What is it, unnie?" The two giant children said this at the exact same time.

"I uh... I-I have a crush on someone."

Yena looks back down at her card, shaking her head a bit from this. Yena already knows that I have a crush on Chaewon, but not the other two. Wonyoung and Yujin look at me with either a raised or furrowed eyebrow. "Let me guess. You have a crush on Minjoo unnie," Yujin says, sounding more like a statement rather than a question from her. I looked at her with a baffled expression. How'd she know? Am I that obvious?

"H-How'd you know?" I waited for a response from anyone in this room, only to receive a chuckle from Wonyoung and Yujin. "Tsk. Tsk. We're not that dumb you know?" Yujin mumbled out. "Chaewon unnie, don't you remember being under a love potion? You we're soooo whipped for Minjoo unnie~. The way you look at her now isn't different from how you look at her with the potion effects," the tallest girl chuckled.

"Wait, wait... I was under a love potion?"

The tension in the room built up quickly, Wonyoung covered as everyone in the room was in shock or disbelief. Yena continued to stare at her card, mumbling a 'yikes' as Yujin looked away with an o shaped mouth. "Y-You didn't know?" I shook my head for not knowing, and for the disbelief. Oh my gosh, Minjoo probably knows I have a crush on her! I don't look different from back then and now? That's so obvious!

"I-I was under a love potion? When?!" I demanded for an answer from either one of them. "I, uh... It was a few weeks before your O.W.L.s and Quidditch game last year," Yena nonchalantly says. How is Yena of all people calm? And in this situation? What happened to her? Did a demon enter her body or something?

"Who made the potion?!" The three of them had blank stares and were all zoning out. "We don't know..." Yena muttered under her breath. They don't know? Whoever made this potion, I'm going to kill them when I found out who.

"Whoever made this potion, I'll kill them if I found out who it was," I murmured.

--------

The Great Hall is crowded with the entire school, and it was full with conversation and laughter as it traveled around the entire Hall. Headmaster Im had all of us quiet down as he welcomed the first year students into the school, he commenced the sorting ceremony for the first year's Hogwarts houses, then the feast began after.

My eyes wandered around the Great Hall, I could see Yena and Yujin lingering around the Gryffindor table, mingling around with their fellow housemates and talking to them playfully. It feels weird to look at those two without Eunbi around them at their table. 

Over at Ravenclaw's table, I saw Wonyoung talking to some of her fellow Ravenclaws, however they weren't Nako or Yuri as they sat all the way at the end. I glanced around at every table, my eyes wandering everywhere but suddenly came to a halt when my eyes landed on Hufflepuff's table. With Chaeyeon's arm looped around Hitomi and Minjoo's shoulder, as she was in the middle. My eyes were glued on Minjoo, and I couldn't resist looking at her. She's too beautiful. I felt my heart unexpectingly stop and flutter when Minjoo made eye contact with me at that moment. She smiles my way, making me return a smile back at her.

--------

During my free period I sat in class beside Minjoo, along with some other sixth years. We were all gathered here, seeing that we would have to pick our elective subjects to fill in our free periods.

The classroom door opened and Mrs. Jeong entered with a huge smile plastered on her face, having her wide smile reach all the way up to her ears.

She put down her belongings and things onto her desk, quickly turning around to face her students. "Good morning class, It's nice to meet all of you, as I will be your temporary teacher for now as we still need to find your elective class. Now, I'm not going to waste any time, so I'm going straight to the point. In this class, we'll be doing an activ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter