Untitled

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold December night and snow was falling hard, Seungwan just got out of her car after she parked it in the garage, seeing her girlfriend’s motorcycle – she smiled knowing her partner has gotten home earlier than usual but hey she’s not complaining.

She was shivering from the cold cursing how she forgot her coat, she rubbed her arms to fend off the coldness she’s feeling while running over to their front door, she was fumbling over the keys she was holding and realized there are others inside their apartment, when she heard voices having an argument in the kitchen including her girlfriend’s, she opened the door slowly.

“I’m telling you guys we have something important to do tomorrow so no, Seungwan can’t come with any of you.” She heard her girlfriend’s voice.

“Oh, come on Joohyun! I haven’t spent time with my best friend for weeks! Can you give the weekend to the two of us?” This time it was Seulgi’s voice.

“Excuse me what are you saying Seulgi, I’m Seungwan’s best friend not you, I’ve been with her since high school!” That was Sooyoung, Seungwan was sure of it her voice is pretty distinctive. She smiled and placed her satchel on the sofa and sat, taking off her shoes and socks.

“What? I’ve known Seungwan since grade school! Ha! Beat that!” Seulgi retorted.

“Oh my God, you guys shut up! I’ve been with Seungwan when we were kids. Joohyun, please let me have time with my sister, pretty please?” Seungwan wondered what Yerim was doing in their apartment she usually hangs out with her friends every Friday.

Seungwan stood up and placed her shoes on the rack placed near their door and slipped on her slippers fluidly, she walked towards where the arguing ladies were at she smiled at the sight it’s such a rare occurrence. She knocked on the doorframe and almost simultaneously four heads turned at the sound and in an instant three bodies were thrown at her, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

“Seungwan!”

“Wannie!”

“Seungwannie!!”

She looked at Joohyun who was left at the kitchen table, she smiled at her girlfriend who nodded and smiled warmly at her.

“I can’t breathe guys.” Seungwan jokingly said.

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

“Come with me tomorrow!”

“Have a date with me, I’m your sister!”

Seungwan chuckled, “Okay, calm down. Let’s all sit down and have dinner first, ayt?”

Three heads nodded and obediently did as what they were told, she walked over to her to Joohyun who was now busy preparing their dinner, hugged her from behind earning unwanted groans from their guests. Seungwan kissed Irene’s cheek, who was now trying so hard not to smile as wide, knowing there are three pairs of eyes watching them.

“Seungwannie, I want a kiss too.” A pout from her sister.

“I also want a kiss!” Two of her friends said at the same time.

Seungwan was still hugging Joohyun when she felt her lover shook her off telling her to let go, she groaned and smiled when she heard her say, “We-time, later.”

She went over the kitchen drawers getting pairs of spoon and fork and plates, placed them over one by one on the table, after she gave Yerim a kiss on her head, to which her younger sister smiled.

Her two best friends were now eyeing her she calmly said, “No, I ain’t kissing the top of your heads, God, you guys are gross.”

“We’re just trying our luck though,” Seulgi shrugged her shoulders while giving her a smile which made her eyes form into slits.

“Anyways, Seungwan, tell Seulgi that I’m your best friend,” Sooyoung told her,  she looked at Sooyoung and then Seulgi, as she sat on Yerim’s left

“What? That ridiculous–” She said without even having the chance to finish her sentence when Seulgi cut her off.

“Ha! I told you, Park, I am Seungwan’s best friend, eat that er!” Seulgi exclaimed, her voice reverberated within Seungwan and Joohyun’s kitchen, while slamming the table which made Yerim flinch.

“Hold on, Seulgi I wasn’t even finished yet,” Seungwan tried to say but both were not even listening to her anymore, she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. Seungwan felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see a smiling Joohyun mouthing, “I’ll take it from here.”

“You es better be washing your hands or you won’t even gonna have a slightest chance of spending time with Seungwan tomorrow,” Joohyun pointed at the two bantering es and looked softly at the two sisters, “That includes the both you too.”

Yerim looked at Joohyun with a pout, “But i’m not a .”

“Yes, sweetie you’re not, you’re smarter than Sooyoung and Seulgi combined.” Irene smirked and glanced at the two mentioned, who were now speechless and had their eyes narrowed at Joohyun, then immediately stood up realizing what she said.

“Last one’s not gonna have time to spend with Seungwan, bye Kang.” Sooyoung stood up as if immediately racing to the bathroom to wash hands with Seulgi behind her.

Seungwan shook her head, one of these days these three, yes including her girlfriend, are gonna cause a riot in their apartment. She stood up making her way to the sink with Yerim following suit.

Dinner was chaotic as Seungwan expected having not only her friends bantering but her girlfriend has also joined the two in the war, she wondered what have the two done to Joohyun for her to buy their antics, that she has no idea but she smiled at the sight.

She turned her attention to Yerim, “It’s new having you here on a Friday night, something happened?”

Yerim shook her head and looked at her, “I just missed you, is that bad?”

She felt warm, it’s not every day she hears Yerim say soft things, “Nope, not at all. Where do you want to go tomorrow?”

Yerim put a hand over trying to think of a place that she could spend with her, “Hmm, can we go to an amusement park, it’s been a while right?”

“Really? You’re in college now, aren’t you a bit old for that?” Seungwan teased earning a shove from her sister.

“Nobody’s too old for amusement parks, if I’m old then what are you?” Yerim raised her brows with a smug smile; Seungwan in return swiped her hands on sister’s face trying to wipe her sister’s look off her face.

The three who were bantering earlier became silent, when they heard Seungwan and Yerim’s giggles, then a shutter was heard which stopped the giggling two.

“Such a grandma.” Sooyoung poked at Joohyun making the latter glare at her.

“One more of those jokes and you’re not coming tomorrow.” Joohyun raised an eyebrow at Sooyoung.

“I- Come on! Seungwan are you letting this slide?”

“You’re making fun of her Japan-made iPhone, you perfectly know why the shutter won’t turn off, you fool.” Sooyoung just groaned with a sniggering Seulgi beside her, whom she shoved to stop but failed.

After dinner they cleared out the table with Seulgi and Sooyoung washing the dishes, Seungwan was with Joohyun in their spa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter