I Don't

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was walking along the path from the old university building she came from to the university gates. She shivered as cold winds brushed pass through her, she pulled her turtleneck to her face and her coat closer to fight off the dropping temperature, if only Seungwan was here, she thought.

Suddenly missing her personal human heater she sniffed trying to get a whiff of her lover’s scent, when she did Joohyun only missed her more. As she went inside her car parked in the university’s parking space, she sat for a moment and fished out her phone from her pocket, opening one of her messaging apps to check if her girlfriend sent her a message it was a special day after all.

When she saw there were no messages sent since their last conversation which was 15 hours ago, she pouted Seungwan always leaves messages before hitting the sack but she understood, she must be tired from work, she convinced herself. She hated being away from Seungwan but it was inevitable, Seungwan traveled to Canada for work and who was she to keep her lover from her career, she wasn’t that selfish.

So she typed a message to be sent to her lover, who’s on the other side of the world right now.

To: Swannie 💋

Hey, I know you’re still asleep. I just got out from work, students were less dreadful today hahaha It’s getting cold by the way, I hope you’re wearing warm clothes though you love the cold. Don’t worry bout me I’m trying my hardest to keep myself warm, though it’d be much tolerable if you’re here. I miss you BIG time, can’t wait to see you. Happy 36th month, love. D-15 till we get to see each other xoxo

After hitting send, Joohyun then started her car and drove her way home – feeling another wave of longing after seeing the passenger seat empty, she’s usually accompanied by her lover after her shift, fetching her from the university to dinner or just straight home.

It has been a month but she still couldn’t get quite used to this setting, being alone at times, one month since they were apart from each other. Oh, how she misses her girlfriend, from her lame jokes to her weird habits to her sweet gestures of love – she misses every bits and pieces of Seungwan. Joohyun breathed in deeply catching another scent of Seungwan from the turtleneck she was wearing, she chuckled remembering Seungwan’s words when she left, “January’s still a cold month, I’ll be leaving some of my warm clothes and my perfume just in case you miss me.”

She smiled at the thought, butterflies going wild in the pit of her stomach, even without Seungwan’s presence she still makes her stomach tied in knots. Joohyun shook her head and tried to focus on her driving, when she heard her phone ring – excited thinking that it might be her lover she pulled over to the side of the road and checked the caller ID, she huffed seeing it was just her best friend.

“Seulgi,” She answered.

“Hey, Joohyun, you’re shift’s done right? Can I ask for a favor?”

“Oookay? What is it?”

“I’m kinda stuck at Sooyoung’s flower shop, c-can you pick me up?” Weird, Joohyun thought.

“Why? You practically live there?”

“W-we had a fight? Yeah, we fought,” Seulgi sounded a bit hesitant for Joohyun’s liking, something’s really strange

“Okay? Wait for me there, give me 10 minutes,”

The moment she arrived at the said location, she saw Seulgi, slightly shivering from the cold and holding a bunch of flowers – a bouquet of red roses to be exact. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter