Birthdays are normal

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy is worried, Joohyun and her have been in a relationship for seven years and this is going to be the first time that her girlfriend has requested not to do anything this year. Yes, they may have celebrated hers but every time she opens up the topic weeks before her girlfriend’s birthday Joohyun would just say something between “I don’t want to celebrate it” or “let’s do nothing, it’s just a normal day.”

 

As someone who celebrates birthdays and thinks of this day as a very special day, it makes her worry. What changed? Why does her girlfriend not want to celebrate her birthday with her anymore? But Wendy respected Joohyun’s wish on her day, so she let her have her peace and quiet.

 

Still, with the nagging feeling inside her Wendy is bothered the whole day while she was at work. She sent Joohyun a text message in the morning, called her for lunch which all were answered with a “Yes, I’m enjoying my time today.” 

 

And Wendy is now rushing her way home wondering if Joohyun really is okay, stopping by on their favorite pastry shop to buy something of Joohyun’s favorite confection: carrot cake. Although, this doesn’t come close to her own carrot cake she usually bakes for Joohyun’s birthday. 

 

Wendy looked at the time, it’s already 4:37 in the afternoon. There’s still a lot of time to think of something to celebrate her lover’s birthday — she refuses to let this day end without any happenings. 

 

She scrambled on her way through their doorstep as she thinks of something special, maybe inviting their friends or family would be okay, yet the moment Wendy opened the door she was greeted with a raven sleeping soundly at their couch with a book in her hand laying by her chest, all thoughts prior all went away in a snap.

 

The sight painted a gentle smile on Wendy’s features and flushed her insides with a warm feeling. This is definitely one of the best things to come home to. 

 

She placed her things by the single chair a few distance away from the couch, still with a smile plastered on her face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter