The Waltz?

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene never liked parties, she hated every bits and pieces of it – it was always so crowded and socializing was something she’s not fond of. It was not that she’s anti-social but she just doesn’t want to engage in small talks and waste her time.

Yet here she was, in a huge convention hall rented by her company for their annual Christmas party (because attendance is a must). She’s sitting at one of the stools by the bar, alone – well technically, her colleagues slash friends are by the dance floor having the time of their lives dancing to whatever the band was playing - she was just drinking by herself.

One shot of that golden Tequila, two glasses of Bourbon, Three different types of mixed cocktail off the menu. She was just choosing and crossing off what’s on the menu. The company paid for the drinks after all, it’s a shame if you didn’t try each drink on the list.

Irene trusts her alcohol tolerance, she was the type that doesn’t get drunk easily but this time she thought she was drunk and was hallucinating – but she really wasn’t. Because the moment she turned around of her seat to take a peek of what was happening on the dance floor, something or someone caught her attention – no it wasn’t her friend, Seulgi, who was now dancing on one of the tables and was getting a lot of cheers from both men and women crowding her, before her other friend or let’s say Seulgi’s girlfriend, Joy, pulled her down to stop her from further embarrassment – it was the singer of the band, who’s now performing a slow jam.

She stared and stared, trying to decipher what kind of human being is this person standing on the stage, singing to the crowd. It was as if this person was God-sent, this person was practically gleaming. Irene slowly leaned back against the bar counter, watched and listened to the singer.

She felt hypnotized; it was like one of those pirate movies where sea nymphs trap you in a trance with their singing, Irene felt like that. She felt mesmerized with the singer’s captivating voice. She watched every movement from the raising of hands to holding the mic, oh, how she wished she was the mic – she shook that thought away that was the alcohol talking.

But she admits she’s attracted to this singer, she noticed what the singer was wearing, the singer was wearing a black suit, white waistcoat and pants that match the color of her suit, simple yet classy it also really fits her short blonde hair. Can Irene get more attracted? Yes, she’s guilty.

 But the guy who approached her just now didn’t know that, he was thinking he may have a chance to dance with Irene, who’s garnered a number of suitors at work, who could blame them? The woman was really beautiful.

“Hey, Irene. I’m not sure if you remember me, I’m Mark from Finance. Do you want to dance?” He was fidgeting; Irene didn’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter