Game on

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weekends are usually spent resting, having time for yourself, or making time for your loved ones covering the times when you can’t have with them during the weekdays. In Irene and Wendy’s household, weekends are usually spent with them lazing around the bed – giggling and their hands over each other, doing stuff what usually lovers do – sometimes they do chores together, or just them doing their own thing.

Today, Wendy woke up expecting her companion by her side cuddling and clinging to her, but was met with a cold and fixed bedside. A pout came upon to her features realizing her beloved isn’t beside her at all, she took a quick look at the digital clock for the time, 9:30 AM. Just what the hell is Irene up for so early? She sighed through her nose and went on her morning routine, a few minutes spent in their bathroom to fix herself, and went out of their bedroom to check on her lover.

The moment she got to the living room there she saw Irene her eyes are fixated on the TV, holding a gaming console controller, mumbling some set of curses. Wendy let out a light chuckle, so this is what her girlfriend has been up to at 9 in the morning. She walked over and kissed the top of Irene’s head that smelled her lavender shampoo, the latter turned to her and gave her a haste kiss on the lips, “Good Morning, you’re up early.”

“Good morning, yeah, I thought I could try and continue this game and since yesterday was a public holiday and we already did our chores, so it felt like I could try and make some progress.” Irene answered, pausing her game to look at Wendy and giving her a smile, “Oh, if you don’t mind I made us breakfast and I already ate, yours is by the counter you can re-heat it if you want.”

Wendy hummed and nodded, as she patted her girlfriend by the shoulder, who was now resuming her game, she wouldn’t say she was delighted to hear that her girlfriend went on with breakfast without waking her up but hey, it’s the thought that counts right? She silently removed the plastic wrap and focused on her food.

Halfway to her breakfast, Wendy noticed her girlfriend giving out frustrated sighs and groans numerous times and quipped her head towards where Irene was playing her game. The sight was something she wanted to remember so she picked up her phone and quickly took a snap, Irene’s scrunched brows and a grimace was one of her favorite expressions coming from her girlfriend. She giggled as she took a video with Irene cussing with unending profanities and posting it on social media for fun.

When Wendy was done with the dishes, she settled herself on the single chair a few feet away to where the couch was, where Irene was sitting, and brought her book that she bought along with Irene’s game. She was glad for weekends and how they’re a blessing, she’s here reading her book and Irene’s there playing her game, and Wendy couldn’t be more contented than their current set-up.

It was silent for a few minutes aside from the sound of Wendy flipping to the next page and the game’s background music, the next thing Wendy heard was Irene letting out her frustrated groans and then followe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter