Green Eyes

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All couples fight at some point in their relationship. The only time that they’re free from arguing is during their honeymoon phase but when that point ends that’s where the fighting starts. Couples fight whether it may be over some petty things like what to eat for dinner or something so big that could end their relationship and for Joohyun, this current situation that they’re in was something that she thought that would end their a little over five year relationship apart.

They just got home from a party organized by one of her friends at the usual bar they alwhung out in or more like they went home early due to certain circumstances. Circumstances in a form of ‘Joohyun’s jealousy’.

The first few hours were fun with the both of them talking and laughing with their friends about anything they could think of and then it happened, she didn’t know when it started. She didn’t mind at some girl walking up to her girlfriend asking for her number at first, but then the next girl who walked up to their table gave her girlfriend a drink, the next one asked her lover for a dance – then Joohyun lost count of how many girls went up to Seungwan, her girlfriend, her Seungwan – Seungwan, who always stares at her even if there are girls walking up to her. Seungwan, who holds her hand and squeezes them for assurance when talking to other girls. Seungwan, who smiles at the girls at the rejection she gives out telling her admirers that she’s already taken. But why is she still feeling this intense sense of envy towards the girls talking to Seungwan – to the point where they had to come home early because she isn’t in the mood anymore.

They have just gotten in of their shared apartment when she heard Seungwan ask as she softly grasped her arms trying to make her turn around, “Joohyun, is everything alright? You’ve been silent the whole ride.”

Joohyun wasn’t sure whether to melt and crash herself onto her lover’s hold or to pry away the warm hands that’s on her arm, she did what any other jealous girlfriend would, of course – she pulled her arms and backed a few steps away from the blonde, “I’m fine.”

She heard a soft chuckle from the blonde as she pulled away and walked towards their room, she snapped her head and scrunched her brows – to what looked more of like a scowl – to her lover.

The audacity to laugh!

Another chuckle and Seungwan heaved a deep breath to compose herself, “Really, what’s wrong?”

“I said I’m fine!”, Joohyun turned back and reached for the knob to the door of their room.

She halted her movements when she felt the same warm hand that was holding her earlier, with a turn of her head she saw her girlfriend’s features all masked with mirth as the blonde flashed her a broad and teasing smile, “Can I get a kiss then?”

Seungwan’s expression irked her even more, how can her girlfriend not see her frustration over what happened earlier? Joohyun rolled her eyes out of annoyance and pried the blonde’s hand away, “Why don’t you kiss your admirers.” She managed to say and slammed the door in front of the blonde’s face.

Joohyun heard the door open in a matter of seconds with Seungwan calling her name, she turned around and somehow Seungwan’s wide and amused smile made her even more annoyed, “What’s so funny?”

“Nope, nothing’s funny but are you per chance jealous?”

“Me? Jealous? In your dreams, Son. I’m not the jealous type.”

“Okay, you’re not jealous. Does that mean I can go back to the party?” Seungwan asked in attempt to jest and snickered, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for her raven-haired girlfriend.

That statement added more to her growing annoyance and Joohyun glared at her girlfriend, she was about to retort and just in time someone’s phone rang, she felt the vibration coming from the handbag that she was holding. She rummaged thru her bag and realized it wasn’t her phone that’s ringing, she fished out the ringing device and saw the name of the caller: Joy, calling on her girlfriend’s phone.

Who the hell is this woman calling her girlfriend’s phone? Oh, that’s it!

If Joohyun was a water in a kettle put on a burner, she has now reached her boiling point. She gripped on the phone so hard and scrunched her eyes, she didn’t care about anything anymore. She was so mad to the point where she raised her arm, the one holding the device, and threw the gadget hard, directly hitting Seungwan on her forehead, “Get out. Get out of the room. I don’t care if you go back to the party and flirt with all of the ladies going up to you. I don’t care if you answer some call from a girl name Joy, just get out of my sight.”

Seungwan looked at the ringing phone and wanting to give out an answer in her defense but her lover didn’t let her, “But–”

“Get out.” Joohyun grabbed her toiletries and went straight to the bathroom, not sparing the blonde any look.

Not even hearing what Seungwan has to say.

“But this is our friend, Sooyoung.”

And the ringing died down.

Seungwan opened her messaging app and typed in her message to her friend who just called: You , Joohyun thought you’re some other girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter