Happy New Year

Two People; Different Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New Year, the day everyone is looking forward to next to Christmas, it’s a new year, a chance to be a better version than before.

Four years of being together, Seungwan and Joohyun would always set up and decorate their rooftop to wait for the New Year’s countdown and watch the fireworks but that seems impossible this year. 

Seungwan was supposed to be home two hours ago but judging from the height of stacked papers in front of her that didn’t seem feasible. She looked at the time – 10:39 PM if she wants to come home on time she only has less than an hour left, she heaved a deep sigh.

It wasn’t also helping when Joohyun didn’t respond to her when she said she’s stuck with work until God knows when. She brushed her hair with her hand and went back to work.

She was in the momentum when a notification from her phone broke the silence in her office, looking up she smiled knowing her employees have already gone home. She picked up her phone expecting her girlfriend to reply to her, but frowned when it was from somebody else greeting her a ‘Happy New Year’ she responded back with the same message and drowned herself with the mountain in front of her.

It was now 11:46, less than 15 minutes till New Year and the amount of work is now thinning, that made her feel excited, she messaged her girlfriend again telling her that she’s almost done, she waited and waited for a response but yet again, she didn’t get any.

Then she suddenly heard a knock on her door, she froze for a moment thinking of who could it be, judging from the silhouette by her glass door she immediately knew who it was, that made her smile. 

“You better h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter