The Comet

This Town

A/N: For those losing hope... why are you losing hope? Is the story over yet? Not its not... is the story tagged Chaennie for a reason? Yes. Has the wedding happen? No it hasn't... SPOILER this is a Chaennie end game story but ya'll need to be patient. Chaeyoung is conflicted so like... give her time to figure things out.

-------------------------------------

Three months had passed since the proposal and to the request of Chaeyoung, they started planning the wedding right away. And today was finally the day Chaeyoung would move on and start a new life.

 

“When I was a little girl, my family took me on a trip. We didn’t go to any exotic place. We didn’t go to anywhere glamorous we just drove.”

 

She was sitting on her car, by the side of a road that went through a small lake in the middle of the woods.

 

“Where did you go aunty, Chae?”

 

“We drove through every road on the outsides of Riverfall and saw all kinds of wonderful things.” She said to the girl sitting next to her.

 

“Who was with you?”

 

“My mom, my dad, my sister and me. And something happened that day… something magical.” There was a glint on the corner of her eyes at the reminder of that amazing day, clearly it was a day that brought so much happiness to her, a day she held close to her.

 

“What was it? What happened?”

 

“My dad let me drive.” She said as she pulled the girl from the co-pilot seat to sit her on her lap right behind the wheel.

 

“Were you scared?” Mia asked as the blonde put the seat belt on and started the engine.

 

“No, I mean the truth is I never felt safer.” She said slowly pulling from the side and into the road driving at a slow pace. “That day, in the car with my family...was one of the best days of my life, just like today.”

 

Happily and unafraid Mia “drove” them both to the harbor where Chaeyoung’s family was set to arrive today for the wedding. It wasn’t long before they arrived and were received by Seulgi holding a cup of coffee for Chae and a lollipop for Mia.

 

“Are we really not talking about it?” Seulgi said after a while.

 

“Well, you hate my story and apparently think I chose the wrong girl to spend the rest of my life with what else is there to talk about?” Chae said looking at the sea in front of them.

 

“Stop it, I love Hyeri, you know that.” Seulgi said. “Also you asked to me review your short story can’t fault me for actually talking about what it means.”

 

Seulgi was a close friend of Chaeyoung during high school what with the girl working part-time at her mother’s café, they spent a lot of time together, she was there when the other girl saw Irene for the first time, she was there for the endless rants about her, it wasn’t long before Irene joined their group and the blonde even was the maid of honor at their wedding.

 

When everybody left six years ago, way before Lisa got here, the Kangs stayed here and together they grew closer, like a family, Chae pretty much had a permanent sit at the dinner table which later became two when Hyeri showed up. So Chaeyoung trusted Seulgi so when the proposal happened she had an earful of Seulgi reasoning to marry Hyeri but Chae decided to ignore it, she had became way to good at ignoring things but that was a different issue.

 

The issue right now was that Chaeyoung had been requested by a magazine to write a short story, this magazine had requested various celebrities, spoke persons and other highly successful people in the entertainment industry for short stories, the idea was to get them all into a book to sell, all profits would be donated. So Chae being good at writing, decided to write a small story, about a guy who liked looking at the sky, a story she trusted Seulgi to review, a story Seulgi was looking way too much into.

 

“Okay, you really can’t say the story I gave you was about Jennie.”

 

“It’s about yearning and want, Chae. I think you wrote it about Jennie because you still love her.”

 

“And I think it’s about a guy watching the sky.” The blonde refuted. “But thanks for caring.”

 

“Chae…” Seulgi sighed, she had already tried to get the blonde snap out of this crazy decision she had made but all her efforts had been in vain, she doesn’t know whether to physically lock her in a room until the whole wedding thing is over or wait to see how everything falls apart. “Whatever you do don’t show that story to Hyeri.”

 

“I already did.” The blonde said, her eyes lighting up at the sight of a yacht coming closer.

 

“And?”

 

“Mom!”

 

“Rosie! Oh how I missed you baby.” The woman got a hold of her daughter as soon as her feet touched land, pulling her close after being away for the longest time.

 

“Seulgi! How are you?” Mrs. Park asked pulling away from her daughter.

 

“Good, thank you.” She replied with a smile.

 

“And your wife.”

 

“Good as well, Mrs. Park.”

 

“Oh and who’s this?” Mrs. Park asked, having taken a look at the girl standing by Chaeyoung. The woman walked closer and crouched to be a the same eye level as the little girl.

 

“I’m Mia Manoban.”

 

“You are very pretty, Mia.” The woman said kindly, knowing the little girl must be Lisa’s sister, judging by the last name and probably the reason the little girl is with her daughter.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The woman smiles at her and then stands up, looking at Chaeyoung. “Okay now where’s my other daughter?”

 

“I’m right here ma’” Alice says from the yacht.

 

“No, not you. Jisoo.”

----------------------------------

 

Jisoo was in a hurry after her talk with Lisa, she went to the store to process everything and take a breather, turns out letting out everything you’ve been keeping to yourself all at once was exhausting, she needed time alone to process it all, so she came to the place she could be herself in, her workshop in the back of the store. What she didn’t count on was on losing way to much time creating stuff that she was now late.

 

Quickly she gathered her things before she heard the bell on the door indicating someone has comed in.

 

“Sorry, we are closed.” Leaving her office to talk to the customer only to stop in her tracks after seeing who it was. “Oh my God.” She said as she starts walking faster but manages to stop herself just in time. “Do you hate me?” Jisoo asks Mrs. Park who is standing in the middle of her old cafe not turned fashion boutique.

 

“No, I’m proud of you!” The woman says with an equally proud smile closing the distance to give her a hug.

 

“I’ve missed you! How’s Mr. Park? And Alice?” Jisoo asks after pulling away.

 

“Oh they are good, but you’ll see them a the wedding.”

 

“Unless I’m so late that I missed it. I’m supposed to be there right now.” She said and then her eyes widen a bitten in worry. “You are supposed to be there right now.”

 

“We’ll be there, darling. I just wanted to come by and see the cafe and see you and maybe catch Jennie. How’s she doing by the way?” Mrs. Park grew close to Jennie during high school, the girl along with Seulgi worked part-time in the cafe plus her being Chaeyoung’s girlfriend it meant Jennie was a constant guest at their house along with Jisoo so she grew to care for her.

 

Jisoo sighed sadly thinking of her friend. “She’s a mess.” She said honestly. “She’s trying to put on a brave face and be noble. But we all thought this was gonna be her day.”

 

“I know.” Mrs. Park said sadly, she hasn’t been here for her daughter a lot, so she doesn’t if maybe thing would be different had she been here for her daughter, who she knows must’ve felt extremely confused and conflicted when Jennie came back.

 

“And how about you, Jisoo? Are you happy? You are doing pretty well. ”

 

“Thank you. It’s hard but I’m…” Jisoo thought about the events of her life, the success of her brand but the harsh words of her mother, the multiple guys she’s seen but always left. And then she thought about her life after she came back to Riverfall, she thinks about the late dinners with Chaeyoung, her outings with Jennie, the five year old girl who she baby sits constantly and never fails to bring a smile to her face, she thinks about Lisa about the kiss the had today and a small smile appears on her face. “I’m happy...or at least I’m starting to be.”

 

“I’m really glad, Jisoo.” The woman tucks a piece of hair behind Jisoo’s ear kindly, holding her hand with her free one. “I’m really proud of you. You’ve come further than anyone I know. And if you want to know a secret, you’ve just scratch the surface.”

 

This right here is what having a mother is supposed to be like, Jisoo thinks, and once agains thanks anyone up there for giving her the chance of meeting Mrs. Park. “Thank you.” The brunette says with glassy eyes.

 

“Hey Chu, Come on! We are going to be…” Jennie just like Jisoos stops in her tracks when she sees Mrs. Parks. “Hi!”

 

“Hi!”

 

“Thank you for my office!”

 

“You are more than welcome.” She says sincerely. “Before we go, both of you listen to me...You know in life, if you let it, you can always come up with reasons to give up. But if you don’t, you might find love in places you never imagined...in a relationship or in your work…whatever it is, wherever it is, don’t give up on it. And if you don’t get it, well you might get something better.”

 

------------------------------

 

In a private room on hotel you could find Chaeyoung getting ready along with Lisa and Mia, the little girl was meant to be the ring bearer, there were a couple of hours away from having to go down to the chapel for the wedding.

 

“All right, bug, sit still. You want to be the second-best-looking girl in this church don’t you?”

 

Lisa walks in to see one of the brides helping her sister add the last touches to her hair, Mia looked adorable with her pink dress and flower crown.

 

“Second best?” Lisa asked closing the door.

 

“Lali!”

 

Lisa bared herself to catch the girl running towards her, the little girl clinging to her legs as a hug. “Mia is gonna be the girl. I’m going to be second-best. You’ll be lucky to make it top ten, chipmunk.” Said Lisa with an amused smile.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“And you, bug.” The thai girl crouches down to be at eye level with the girl. “How much have you grown in the last week… a foot?”

 

“Maybe, I’m taller than Sasha now.” She said, referring to her dance school friend.

 

“All right.” Lisa said chuckling, extending her hand to give the girl a high five.

 

“Oooh, and Lali, have you seen Chichu? Does she look pretty?”

 

“I don’t know bug, I haven’t seen her. Bet you see her before I do so tell me if she does okay?” After receiving a nod she takes the small box with the rings a shows it to her. “You know the drill right? You are going lead Hyeri down the aisle, and then when you get to me you are gonna give me these two rings.”

 

“Treasure!”

 

“Nice, huh? And they are worth, like, a lot of money in the world. So when I give them to you don’t lose them, okay? ‘Cause aunty Chae can’t finish the second album, and she’s poor.”

 

The little girls turns to her aunt who was staring at Lisa annoyed. “I’m sorry you are poor, aunty Chae.”

 

“Thanks, Mia.” Chae says with a smile before turning to Lisa. “So… you and Jisoo?”

 

Lisa stood up and sat down on the couch in the room. “Me and Jisoo… we talked, she explained things to me, and we are going to take it slow.”

 

“And how do you feel about what she said?”

 

“Makes me angry that her mother makes her feels that way, that she feels the need to give her power over her company to keep her around… but at the same time it explains a lot about her.” Lisa said honestly, because she too had time to process the whole thing, and she wasn’t lying to Jisoo, she meant it when she said she forgives her. “And I mean if she’s willing to open to me like that, the least I could do is try again right?”

 

“I’m really happy for you, Lis. I really am.”

 

--------------------------------

 

“So, what’s up Kim, you got a plan?”

“A plan for what?”

 

“To steal Chaeyoung back, am I really the only thinking about this?” Asked Bam Bam they all just arrived to the venue and were standing outside the chapel “Look it’s easy, when they ask ´is there anybody here who thinks this shouldn’t go down´? Boom! that’s you.”

 

“They don’t do that at real weddings, Bam.” Jisoo responds,

 

“They should though, makes for good drama.” He said, before his eyes lit up with another idea. “Okay how about this, we drug Hyeri, Then throw you into the wedding gown so when Chaeyoung lifts the veil up, boom! there’s you.”

 

“Okay, that dress is tailor-made with countless hours of hand stitching, so no one is doing anything with that dress.” Jisoo replied again, this time defending her work. “Also Jennie will be fine.”

 

“Right, I love you Kim okay?, But you are so far from fine, you ain’t even in the same area code.” He said trying to show his concern, before his eyes once again lit up. “Wait… maybe Chaeyoung will say the wrong name on the altar just like Ross did on friends.”

 

Jennie having enough of it simply shushed Bam Bam up and replied with her own idea. “How about this? Jennie does not waste the pretty dress she’s wearing, watches Chaeyoung get married, gets wasted and has drunk meaningless with some random person at the reception?”

 

“Yes.” Jisoo agrees with excitement.

 

“Alright I guess we should be heading in.” Said Bam Bam as he and the rest of the crew made their way leaving Jisoo and Jennie alone.

 

“I mean what I said. You are going to be okay.” Jisoo reassured the other brunette who seemed hesitant in stepping inside the chapel.

 

“No, I know.” She said then took a deep breath. “I just need a minute, you know?”

 

Jisoo nodded in understanding and briefly touched her friend’s arm. “Okay, I’ll save you a seat.” She replied before walking away.

 

Jennie stood outside the chapel trying to gather the courage to walk in and watch the love of her life get married to somebody else, once again cursing herself from saying no, because if she hadn’t, if she had just talked to her she might be the one in the wedding the dress, not Hyeri.

 

As the paced outside she see’s Hyeri make her way, and as much as she hates to say it, she look beautiful, Jisoo made and amazing job with the dress, she looked at her making her way a spring on her step, she looked happy. And as if she knew she was being watched Hyeri turned a looked at Jennie, their looks crossed for a few seconds before Jennie sighed and finally walked into the chapel, she really was too late now.

 

Hyeri looked on as Jennie walked away…

 

Chaeyoung and Hyeri were heavily making out on the couch, Hyeri laying down with Chae on top of her.

 

“You know, if I knew being engaged would be like this, I’d have proposed when we met.” She said in between kissed.

 

“It’s your story.”

 

“The story? My story?” Chae asked pulling away a little.

 

“I love it, Chae. I love what you wrote, and I love that your wrote it.I it’s so romantic.” She said pulling her in again, Hyeri starts ing Chae’s shirt but is stopped by the other girl.

 

“Wait, is it better than the songs I’ve written? You haven’t reacted this way with them… also what do you mean romantic?”

 

“I love your songs, also… what?” Hyeri asked confused, her hands still mid ing.

 

“Well I’m glad you like it and all but is a page long story about a dude who likes looking at the sky, how is that romantic?” The blonde asked genuinely curious.

 

“Chae are you kidding me?” She gasped. “I cried so much, He’s just a little lost buy and then he suddenly see’s a comet and his life has meaning and so he waits his entire life for it to return, even when science tells him is not possible he still waits. His heart still believes. It’s beautiful, Chae. It’s heartbreaking.”

 

“It’s about a comet.” Chae says simply and she suddenly remember her english class in high school where her teacher thought the blue curtains in the book meant sadness when really the author probably just wanted the curtains to be ing blue.

 

“It’s about love in its purest form. When I think it came out of your heart, of your mind, it makes happy to know I get to be your wife.” Hyeri says sincerely. “I love you, Chaeyoung.”

 

“A comet.” Hyeri repeats but before she can think about if further she’s ushered to take her place.

 

----------------------------

*Now playing: Diamonds by Josef Salvat

 

Chaeyoung is on her spot by the altar, after having walked in before Hyeri, Lisa by her side waving at Jisoo and then trying to not smile at the shy wave the girl gives her in her return. Seulgi and Irene are on their spot as well on Hyeri’s side. Chaeyoung’s heart start beating faster as the orchestra starts playing and she feels her eyes lighting up at the side of Hyeri walking down the aisle.

 

Mia walks in front of her and soon she’s next to Lisa giving her the rings as Hyeri takes her place in front of Chaeyoung with a smile.

 

“We give thanks today to Chaeyoung and Hyeri for their open heart sand their willing spirits, and for their closest friends and family. May be we all be changed by what is said and witness here.” The minister said.

 

“I got you, Kim.” Bam Bam whispered.

 

“Behave, no one is doing anything.” Jisoo hissed at him.

 

“It’s a mystery how we fall in love, who we fall in love with, why we fall in love.” The minister said. “But we do. Roseanne Park do you take Lee Hyeri to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

 

‘Please say no!’ Jennie thought, watching the scene unfold in front of her.

 

“Do you promise to be true to her?”

 

At least that’s what Jennie wished she should’ve said.

 

“In sickness and in health…”

 

But instead she said nothing. And Chaeyoung said…

 

“...as long as you both shall live?”

 

“I do.” The blonde said taking the ring an placing it on Hyeri’s finger.

 

“Lee Hyeri, do you take Roseanne Park to be your lawfully wedded wife? And to love and honor each other all the days of your life, until death do you apart.”

 

Hyeri looked at Chaeyoung in wonder, a far away look in her eyes as if she was remembering something…

 

“It was a comet…” She mumbled looking down with a frown.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“It was a comet, Chae.” She said ignoring the minister.

 

“Could you just give us a moment please?” Chae asked the minister who only nodded confused and stood besides the altar, while quiet murmurs started to fill the chapel.

 

“The boy saw a comet.”

 

“Okay…”

 

“The boy saw a comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited he waited his entire life for it to come back to him.” Hyeri recited the words of her short story as she had them in front of her.

 

“Hyeri, I love you, but is this really the best time to talk about this?”

 

“What did you and Jennie do for your first date?” Hyeri asked already knowing the answer.

 

“Hyeri…”

 

“Please.” She pleaded.

 

“I took her to see a meteor shower.”

 

[Senior Year]

 

“Where the hell are we going?” Jennie snapped.They had been walking for what felt like hours in the middle of the woods and the brunette had no clue of where they were going.

Chaeyoung simply laughed and tugged her forward.

 

Their shoes tapped softly against the ground. A carpet of grass and old leaves muffled their footsteps. Finally when they reached the top. Chaeyoung sat down on the ground pulling Jennie to sit with her and points at the sky.

 

It was a clear night, it was a perk of living in a town and not in a super populated city, the fact that they were an hour away from civilisation also worked in their favor. Jennie looked up and opened to ask the girl what exactly was she looking at when a white streak burned across the sky.

 

“What was that?” She gasped.

 

“A comet. Shooting star, however you want to call it. They're supposed to be a signal of great things to come.” She answered, knowing full well she brought Jennie here since there was supposed to be a shower tonight.

 

“Do you think that's true?” Jennie asked in wonder, eyes not moving from the sky.

 

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie with a smile before answering. “I do.”

 

[Present Time]

 

Hyeri nodded knowingly as tears filled her eyes. “The boy saw a comet and he felt as though his life had meaning”

 

Chaeyoung started to shake her head having put two and two together. “Hyeri… is just a story…”

 

“Not it’s not, Chae.” Hyeri sniffles as she takes out her ring. “I’m sorry, Chaeyoung but I can’t marry you.”

 

That’s the last thing she said before she dashes of the altar and heads outside running, the quiet murmurs of the church now more noticeable. Jisoo turns to Jennie who sat there in shock, Seulgi and Irene watch as their friends runs off as fast as her dress would let her, and Chaeyoung… Chaeyoung watches everything happening in slow motion and it is in slow motion that she falls to the ground feeling a pair of arms holding her, keeping her from simply falling into the hard cold ground…

 

---------------------------

 

A while later Chaeyoung sits on her private room, still dressed, numb. Two times have someone said no to her proposal… was it her? Was something wrong with her?

 

“I’m sorry, chipmunk. She’s gone.” Said Lisa after coming inside. She, Seulgi and Irene tried looking for Hyeri after the girl took off, but the girl managed to grab a cab before any of them could react to what was happening.

Seulgi and Irene has stayed back for damage control, apologizing to the guests and making sure to let them know the reception was till happening should they’d want to grab something to eat before leaving.

 

“It’s just a story, Lis.” Chaeyoung said, not moving. “I promise… it’s just a story. She didn’t let me explain.”

 

Lisa sat down besides the blonde, it was the first time she had seen her so lost, and seeing someone who was as smiley as Chaeyoung was, as energetic as she was, looked so down and numb… it was not right.

 

“So what are you gonna do? What happens next, Chipmunk?”

 

“I want her back.”

 

“Then go get her back. You are Park Chaeyoung. Listen to me… “ She said grabbing Chae by the shoulders. “You are Park Chaeyoung, all right? I’ve seen you do great things. I’ve seen you do some of the greatest things. Now you need to look in into you heart and ask yourself what you truly want, and if the answer is Hyeri, then just go get her, Chip. She doesn’t stand a chance.”

 

“Can you get me out of this dress?”

 

--------------------------------

 

*Now Playing: Broken by Lifehouse

 

Still on the chapel the only person remaining was Jennie, who was still sat on the same spot, processing everything.

 

“Well that was a crazy wedding huh?” Jisoo asked, sitting besides Jennie. “Did I ever tell you the story about the girl who got everything she ever wanted?”

 

“Did she feel horrible?”

 

“At first, but only because she had a good heart. And then she fixed her make up and smoothed out her pretty dress and went and talked to the girl she loves.” Jisoo said carefully wiping Jennie’s tears away.

 

“She said ‘I Do’, Jisoo” The brunette said defeated. “The minister asked if she would love and cherish Hyeri forever and she said ‘I do’.”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. “, you need to stop.” And Jennie turned to look at her offended.

 

“Sorry.” She says sheepily. “Okay, Jennie, you know why I came back home? Besides to help you. I’m 24 years old, and I have made more money than I could ever spend, and I have never felt more alone in my life.” She said looking at Jennie. “So just talk to her, Jennie. You need to talk to her and if you let the fact that Chaeyoung said ‘I do’ to Hyeri today while she was obviously lying to her own heart be the reason you sit here and cry then I’m gonna smack you across your pretty face.”

 

With that Jisoo pulls Jennie into a hug, letting her know she’s here. “I’m in love.” Jisoo says ver Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“With me?” Jennie asked confused.

 

“No, you dumb dumb.” Jisoo scoffed. “Two years ago when I got the chance to share my life with someone that actually loved me for me...I ed up and now I have to live with that loneliness and regret which makes feel super lost. But seeing her again and then seeing this whole fiasco go down made me realize that I love her, I loved her back then and I still love her now.”

 

“So what are you gonna do?”

 

“Jisoo.” Her name gets called out before she’s even able to answer, when she turns around Lisa is there, still in her dark blue dress.

 

“Ye...yes?”

 

“Can we talk?”

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Jisoo was fidgeting in her seat. After Lisa asked her to talk they agreed to meet in the bridge, Lisa said this whole thing with Chaeyoung made her realized she didn’t want to make any mistakes nor make the wrong the choice out of fear, so whatever happened between them needed to be resolved if Lisa ever wanted to move on.

 

And now here they were having the talk and Jisoo was thinking of how to explain to Lisa the reason she kept listening to her mother was out of lack of confidence in herself, that it was out of desperation of having her mother back…

 

“Do you think this has been easy for me?!”

 

“I wouldn’t know because you never talk to me about it!”

 

“I tried…” Jisoo trailed off before once again keeping her emotions down. “I don’t want to do this right now.”

 

“Goddamn it, Jisoo! I’m here in New York for you and it’s not enough, you just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for this not to work!”

 

“I don’t want to fight.” Jisoo said looking everywhere but at Lisa. “I just wanted to talk.”

 

“Yet here we are fighting.” Lisa said shaking her head, her tone of voice had calm down like she was giving up. “And I’m getting real tired of it. And you know maybe you are right, maybe I’m the girl who cares too much, who pushes too much, that’s my issue. But I’m also the girl who loves you, Jisoo, just you.” She said and the way she said it sounded so honest and from the heart. And the brunette keeps looking up trying to keep the tears from falling.

 

“I’m the girl you push away when you have a bad day, when you are feeling sad and frustrated, under the pretence that you’re busy, I’m the girl you can’t trust no matter how much I show you otherwise and that’s your issue, Jisoo. I’m never going to be able to stop that for you!”

 

“Then what are you saying?” The brunette asked, already knowing what Lisa was trying to say.

 

“I’m saying that maybe… maybe you are right and you are too busy for a relationship and maybe I don’t understand that, so I expect too much from you…”

 

“Lisa, no...”

 

“You got your new line and I have a shoot in LA and we both should concentrate on that for now.”

 

“Lisa.”

 

“Goodbye Jisoo.”

 

Present Time

 

“My mom was never around… she would always be traveling with my dad and when she was home she’d always find ways to busy herself, so when she came back I welcomed he with open arms because she was here, she is here. I had chance to have her back in my life and I wanted to take it.”

 

“Jisoo… I more than anyone knows how it is to want her mother back, I want to have the mother who used to take me out for ice cream back, the one who would take Mia to to her ballet classes back, the one who would made a different dish for each of us because she felt like it.” Lisa’s eyes goes glassy as the thought of her mom, her being sick has been hard, she missed her. “But if she came back, I’d like to think she’d come back because she loves me, not because she wanted my company.”

 

“All those years growing up, I just wanted her to see me. To see me and appreciate me and maybe love me. And now that I have it, even it’s for the wrong reasons, it’s hard to let it go. Can you understand that?”

 

She did. To Lisa it made every sense in world to hear that, so yes she can understand that and suddenly it made things so much clearer, every action, every word Jisoo had said after her mother’s actions or requested was clear. Jisoo not explaining that to her made sense, because Jisoo didn’t want to be pitied and most of all she didn’t want to accept the reality of her situation.

 

“And she has been here for the last six years, Lisa, my mom has been with me everyday, helping me create a pretty great company.”

 

“That’s not true. Didn’t you say you started this while balancing a modeling career?” After Jisoo nodded, Lisa reached out for hand to hold it gently. “Maybe your mom made Sooya bigger, but you created it all by yourself. You did. You made it great before your mom even stepped into the picture. And that was all you. You are pretty great Jisoo Kim, company or not.”

 

“You really think so?”

 

“I was with you for a reason, Jisoo.” Lisa reassured her. “So… I get the relationship with your mother but why push me away? I just wanted to be a part of your life, Jisoo.”

 

Jisoo got serious and looked down, well she was already here… she guessed she needs to be honest about this too…

 

“Remember Alex?”

 

“The model?”

 

“Yep, that one. I thought you slept with her.”

 

“What?!” Lisa exclaimed, out of all things this was not what she expected.

 

“I saw her in your hotel room at the shoot site and I know, I know you didn’t sleep with her but in that moment everything pointed towards that, so I…”

 

“So you pushed me away instead of talking me?” Lisa interrupted once again being proved right about Jisoo didn’t trust her.

 

Jisoo sighed. “I made a lot of mistakes with you, and Lisa trust me it had nothing to do with you and everything to do with me, I...I was falling for you at such a rapid pace that I got scared because I wasn’t used to needing someone that much, and you wanted me back but I wasn’t ready to let you all the way in, because you were right, you were right about me waiting for things to fail and so when Alex came around I thought ‘This is it, this is the part when she realizes there’s someone better, someone smarter, someone worthwhile.’ so I got jealous and crazy and I’m so sorry.”

 

“Chu…” Lisa reached out to wipe her tears.

 

Jisoo pulled away slightly and reached down to get a box and gave it to Lisa. “There are 82 letters in here, I wrote them all throughout this two years but I never sent them because I was afraid…” She stood up from the bench she was sitting down on and started pacing in front of the other girl.

 

“Jisoo..” The thai girls said shocked.

 

“I was afraid of getting my heart broken again because it hurt me so bad the first time it happened and I was afraid of you and the way that you made me feel and I know I ed up but I just thought that you should know… “ Jisoo sniffled and tears start gathering in her eyes the same way relief starting to fill her heart after finally opening up, after finally being able to tell Lisa everything she wanted to but refused too. “This is how I spent the last two years, Lisa. Wanting you. But I was too scared to admit it. And I’m sorry.” She sobbed. “I’m so sorry.”

 

Lisa stood up, carefully leaving the box on the bench and stood up to walk towards Jisoo, she gently wiped her tears away. “Jisoo what you did, why you did it…” Lisa trailed off looking at the river lake in front of them. “It’s okay.” She said, because in that moment she realized it was, she got it now and she was honestly okay with it.

 

“No, it’s not…” Jisoo sniffled crossing her arms and taking a step back.

 

“Well that’s too bad because I forgive you.”

 

“You can’t.”

 

“Well I just did.” Lisa said with a smile. “I guess you’ll just have to deal with it.” The girl took a step closer to Jisoo getting rid of the distance between them, she was not letting her pull away again, not now. “You got me, Jisoo. And I know you are scared but…”

 

“I love you.” Jisoo interrupts as the words she had been holding down for the past two years and a half come out. And that was it. That was the last of the feelings Jisoo had been burying so now she didn’t know if she crying out of relief, out of acceptance of how she screwed up or out of worry that Lisa wouldn’t say it back.

 

The thai girl in question did nothing but chuckle as she gently placed her hands on Jisoo cheeks pulling her closer, pressing her forehead against the other girls. “I love you too.”

 

“You...you do? But I…”

 

And then Lisa’s lips brushed hers shutting her up effectively, her lips touched hers, softly, delicately, just long enough that she could feel the warmth of her skin, and the taste of her lips lingered after she she pulled away.

 

“You think too much, Kim Jisoo.”

 

------------------------------------

*Now playing Apologies by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals

 

Chaeyoung comes home and hurries to her room where she see’s Hyeri, sitting on the bed with her story on hand.

 

“Hyeri! Hyeri! Hi.” She said in relief.

 

“It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life… direction, beauty, meaning. There were many who couldn’t understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday, it would return to him, and his world would be whole again, and his belief in God and love and art would be reawakened in his heart.”

 

“Hyeri is just a story.” Chaeyoung shrugged standing in the middle of the room. “I mean, so my first date with Jennie was for a meteor shower, so what?” She shrugged again. “This is crazy, come on.”

 

Hyeri shakes her head as more tears come out. “You also told me you couldn’t look at the start because they made you wonder where you was… and you’ve been out looking up and living in the sky pretty much the whole time since she came back…”

 

“Hyeri...what?”

 

“I love you, Chaeyoung. I really do and I alwasy will. But your heart is conflicted, even if you don’t realize it yet, and I think I’ve always known it,” She said wiping her tears with no use. “I guess I was hoping that someday… I could be your comet. It’s an epic love story, Chae, but its just not hours.” She said sniffing and placing the story on the bed. “And neither is this.”

 

And Chaeyoung can only stand there uselessly as she watches Hyeri takes off her ring and walk to the door… “Hyeri, please you can’t just leave.” She pleads.

 

“People always leave, Chae. You know that.”

 

But he says it's crazy how love stays with me, yeah

You know and it hurts me ?cause I don't wanna fight this war

And it's amazing to see me reading through this scene of love and fear

And apologies, apologies