Always

This Town

A/N: This is the final chapter people! The story concludes in this one. Thank you all for reading and the comments I really do appreciate them. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this journey as much as I liked writing it.  I will say there will be an epilogue after this so keep an eye out for that.

So without delaying any further here's the last chapter. Enjoy!

--------------------

Take a look at yourself in a mirror. Who do you see looking back? Is it the person you wanna be? Or is there someone else you were meant to be? The person you should have been but fell short of. Is someone telling you you can't or you won't because you can.

 

Believe that love is out there. Believe that dreams come true every day because they do. Sometimes happiness doesn't come from money or fame or power, sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and from the quiet nobility of leading a good life…

 

The wedding date had finally come, it had been some busy months for the couple as they did not hire a wedding planner and did everything themselves, but finally the moment was here, and Chaeyoung has to admit she feels lighter this time around, she doesn’t feel as nervous, she justs feels excited. It was a big difference from her previous wedding attempt.

 

Lisa was there helping her get ready, this time around though Chaeyoung opted out for a suit and not a dress. they were getting married in the woods near the lake were the two of them spoke for the first time and it was only fitting they start the rest of their lives in the same place.

 

High School

 

Jennie sighs in relief as the tow truck comes into view a tall brunette getting out of it, she believes she had seen her before but Jennie’s too tired to remember where. Her car had just broke down in the middle of the road and there was nothing around her, just a big bunch of trees and water and she was annoyed, tired and sweaty and she just wanted to get home.

 

The brunette gets out of the car as the other girl secures the chain of the truck to the car, she was wearing a polo shirt that read ‘Park’s body shop and towing.’ Both quiet as the taller brunette heads to the side of the truck to start towing the car.

 

Chaeyoung feels awkward because this is her crush in front of her, a crush who doesn’t know she exists yet here she is in front of her, so her eyes keep going to her and then down to the truck quickly trying to get caught eyeing her. The brunette thinks Jennie looks beautiful in this moment her hair was floating with the wind, her hands inside her leather jacket and all though she looks annoyed, she looks pretty.

 

She then clears and gathers some courage to talk to her. “That’s me inside your head.”

“What?” Jennie asks confused.

 

“Your shirt.” She points as the other brunette looks down at her shirt. “NOFX, those are the lyrics from...”

 

“I know the song.” The brunette interrupts her in a tone that clearly says ‘Don’t talk to me.’ and turns around taking out her phone.

 

“Kai… it’s me. All right, my car broke down. You’re gonna have to come pick me up. So leave the gym. It’ll take you like 10 minutes. I’m on River Road around the curve… well to be you.”

 

Chaeyoung was listening as she filled out the form approaching the passive aggressive girl afterwards. “Are you sure you got a ride? I can wait if you want.” The girl offered.

 

“Sure, that’s exactly what I want.” Jennie answers sarcastically. “Listen have your boss call me with an estimate.”

 

“My dad?”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Chaeyoung sighs “Can I ask you a question?”

 

“It’s a free country.”

 

“Why are you a cheerleader? No offense or anything, but you’re the least cheery person I know.” Chaeyoung says in the same passive aggressive way, more as a joke than anything.

 

Jennie scuffs and frowns, offended. “First of all, you don’t know me. Second of all, you don’t know me. God why is my boyfriend such a jerk.” She says the last part quietly, without knowing Chaeyoung had actually heard it.

 

“You know... we use to play together?” Chae asked ignoring the brunette’s comments. “Me and Kai.” She clarified.

 

“Basketball?”

 

“Yeah, and I loved it and I was good at it. You ever had something you knew that you were better at than almost anybody else?” She asked leaning against the truck.

 

“.” The brunette blurts out. “That was a joke.”

 

“Right.” Chaeyoung says not really caring. “Anyways my friend Seulgi used to play too, but she kept getting bullied, one day I saw her crying after Kai had talked to her so I asked her if he was the reason why she cried everyday and she said no, but I knew it wasn’t true. So that same day I told my mom I didn’t want to play there anymore because I knew Seulgi was there only because I was and If I left she would too. And my mom asked why I wanted to leave I told her it was because I didn’t want to see Kai anymore… But it was mostly because I didn’t want my friend to have to.”

 

Jennie sighs her annoyance level going down and in a very deep part of her looking at the girl in front of her in a different way. “So, why’d you tell me that? I mean, we don’t even know each other.”

 

“Maybe that’s the point.”

 

Chaeyoung snapped back from the memory as her phone pinged nearby, leaving her spot on the window she went to check her phone, just as Jisoo walked in.

 

“You know sometimes I think I’m a little young to get married but then I remember Seul and Irene got married at 21 and I don’t feel so bad anymore.”

 

“Well, I’m glad they could be your weird example. No parents today huh?” Jisoo asked as she fixed Chaeyoung’s suit jacket for her, at the end of the day she not only did the bride’s dress but also well… the other bride’s suit.

 

“Uh, no. My mom is actually stuck in a resort in Granada, and my dad’s on a dredging boat off the coast of Iceland somewhere. We were gonna wait but you know…”

 

“ We’ll call your mom on facetime. It’s gonna be a great day, Pasta.”

 

“Or not.” The blonde says checking her phone. “The minister just fell through… some sort of mix up.”

 

“Oh no… okay don’t freak out.” Said Jisoo pacing worridley. “My cousin, got married by a friend of hers who got ordained on the internet in like 30 seconds.” She said, also suggesting the idea.

 

“It that even legal?”

 

“Yeah. Anybody who’s ordained can sign a marriage license.” The girl explained. “The ceremony’s just symbolic.”

 

“Huh…” The blonde looked down at her phone as continued typing.

 

“That’d be cool right? Don’t you think it’d be awesome to get married by a close friend, somebody you love and trust?”

 

“I do.”

 

“Sweet! So who should we get.”

 

“You.” The blonde said smiling looking up from her phone.

 

“Y… me?”



 

“Come on, you’re my best friend and Jennie’s as well… and I just ordained you.” The girl says with a cute smile. “So, uh… you are gonna be great, you know that? I got to go but uh… thank you minister.”

 

Jisoo watched as the blonde left the room quickly and shook her head. “Minister.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

“So, what do you think?”

 

“I think I did an excellent job on your dress, you look beautiful.” Jisoo said getting over the fact that she was going to ordain her two best friends she went to see the other bride, and also just check if the dress needed any last minute adjustment. “I’m ordaining you…”

 

“What?”

 

“Blame your fiance for that… I don’t even know what I’m supposed to say.”

 

Jennie fixed her hair in the mirror while Jisoo went around her checking her dress. “Well just speak from the heart, Choo. And it it all fails go with some song lyrics you know like um… ‘When you need some shelter from the rain, when you need a healer for your pain, I will be there time and time again’.”

 

“That’s pretty good, but I’m not you I don’t have a catalogue of song lyrics in my brain.”

 

“I’m sure you’ll be fine, Choo...Soooo how was Costa Rica?”

 

Lisa and Jisoo had left for the duration of the summer, they took Mia with them to celebrate Lisa’s success at the film festival. Jisoo on her side was enjoying some free time for the first time in years doing everything she wanted to do. She was proud to say she was now fluent in french and has watched every James Bond movie.

 

The three girls came back just in time for Mia to go back to school and the both of them decided to move in together shortly after, what with Jisoo having one extra room for Mia and with Lisa’s mother getting better she was now able to leave home more often. The rest of her time was used to design and make Chaeyoung’s suit and Jennie’s dress.

 

“Amazing, relaxing…”

 

“But..”

 

“But Lisa asked if maybe we should move to New York again, her mother’s better and she still has her old studio there and with Sooya’s HQ being there she thought it’d be a good idea…”

 

“And what do you think?”

 

“Well…” She sighed, her hand smoothing out the bottom of the dress. “I see her point, considering our respective careers New York makes sense, but at the same time Riverfall’s home you know, I found myself again by coming here… I found my happiness here.”

 

“Well whatever you decide, I’ll support you.” Jennie said holding the other girls hand. “You deserve all the happiness in the world, Choo. When I think of everyone else out there in the world that goes through their life alone and then I think of all the amazing years I’ve gotten to spend with my beautiful best friend Kim Jisoo… I kinda feel sorry for everybody else.”

 

Jisoo has tears in her eyes and slaps Jennie in a joking manner, “You’re gonna ruin our wedding make up, you .”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jennie said equally as teary eyed.

 

“For what is word you deserve happiness too. You deserve to get married with the love of you life, the kind of love that you two have… is like fated.” Said Jisoo gently dabbing under Jennie’s eyes wiping her tears.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Jennie Kim. Now let’s get you married.”

 

----------------------------------------------

 

In the meantime bridesmaid and best man where at the reception venue making sure everything was according to plan. At the same time both Chaeyoung and Jennie actually wrote a song together which they planned to use for their first dance. And while Somi would be performing a couple of songs at the party, Irene had been asked the honor to sing the song for her friends which she happily agreed.

 

“Check, check, 1,2. Check, Check.” Irene said through the mic, she was sitting down as the woman was seven months pregnant and much rather stay sitting down that moving around too much.

 

“Check, check. Kang Seulgi, you look hot. Get over here and kiss me.” She said smiling as her clumsy girlfriend almost fell when running towards her with an adorable smile. “My wife looks good in a suit.” She said when Seulgi got closer.

 

“Your wife’s gonna wear suits more often.” Seulgi said crouching down so Irene wouldn’t have to stand up. “So what’s your take on weddings, Bae?” She asked, the question being similar to one she asked during the first wedding they went together to as a couple

 

“Mmm… big fan. You?”

 

“Meh. More or a reception girl. Awkward family members, open bar…”

 

“ty wedding .” Irene responded flirty. Clearly remembering their conversation as well.

 

“Totally tly wedding . And there’s always the bridesmaid who just gets all drunk and…”

 

“And adorably clumsy?”

 

Seulgi blushed in embarrassment and looked down. “Yep, that…”

 

“Hey, Kang. Play your cards right and it might be you getting the ty wedding .”

 

“Got to wear more suits.” Seulgi said leaning forward to take Irene’s lips on her own.

 

---------------------------

*Now playing: Never Seen Anything Quite Like You by The Script

 

It was an Autumn wedding in the late afternoon. The area faced a beautiful lake. At the end of each seated aisle, jasmine scented candles hung from tree branches. Spread down the aisle was white leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn’t crack when you stepped on them.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey.”

 

Lisa approached a very nervous Chaeyoung who was standing close by, it was five minutes before her wedding began. The blonde was feeling as nervous as she did when she went to her first date with Jennie.

 

The thai girl looked at where the flower arch was and smiled back at the nervous Jisoo who was standing in the middle of it. She then placed a hand on Chaeyoung´s shoulder and squeezed it lightly. “All right. This is us. Whatever I said at your wedding with Hyeri, just go go with that.”

 

Chaeyoung turned to look at her. “You at this.”

 

And with that last comment the two girls walked towards the flower arch to stand on the left side.

 

“The minister´s hot.” Lisa whispered making both Chaeyoung and Jisoo laugh.

 

“Hey shhh…” Scolded Jisoo.

 

Irene and Seulgi´s turn was next, technically Lisa was meant to walk down the aisle with Jisoo as well, but since Jisoo went from being Maid of Honor to Minister it was decided Lisa would just walk along with Chaeyoung.

 

It’s not long before the violins start playing and everybody stands up, at the end of the aisle, and there she was Jennie, beautiful Jennie, a vision, her white dress flowing behind her, a light in her eyes that could challenge the sun… or at least that’s what Chaeyoung thought as she looked at her walk towards her, nothing else mattered, everything around her blurred all that mattered was Jennie.

 

It was silly but Chaeyoung really felt the need to pinch herself when she saw her walking down the aisle. She knew this wasn’t a dream but it felt like a good possibility that it was.

 

Jennie felt like she was floating. She was so happy and excited, she was nearly laughing down the aisle. Seeing so many of the people that loved them just so they could be there for them was amazing. The brunette doesn’t remember hearing the music after she started down the aisle but she heard it clearly before her first step. The only thing on her mind was ‘Keep your head up, your flowers down by your waist, and smile’. Her eyes focused on one thing and one thing only, Chaeyoung’s beautiful brown eyes watching her from the end of the aisle, pulling her like they always have.

 

As soon as the girl was close Chaeyoung extended her hands to hold Jennie’s, both of the girls beaming as they stood in front of each other.

 

“Okay, um, sit everyone. Wow.” Jisoo started talking her nervousness from being unprepared making her question her speech. Well, we are gathered here today before God and nature to join Chaeyoung Park and Jennie Kim in holy matrimony.”

 

“Nice work, Choo.” Chaeyoung whispered.

 

“Thank you.” Jisoo whispered back. “Okay… uh... “ Jisoo looked around and then grabbed a rose from the arch. “Every rose has its torn…”

 

Jennie looks at her with a face that says ‘Really?’

 

“Just like every night has its dawn. Just like every cowboy sings a sad...sad… song…”

 

“Really? Out of all the lyrics in the world you had to go with Poison lyrics?” Jennie hissed.

 

“I said I wasn’t prepared.” Jisoo hissed back. “Okay… “ She took a deep breath and then started over again. “‘Jennie Kim will become Jennie Park’. Pasta wrote this in the 8th grade, I remember her talking about Jennie constantly, and not just in the 8th grade, in the 9th grade and in the 10th grade.” She said rolling her eyes as Chaeyoung looked down in embarrassment. “And finally, in our sophomore year, Pasta gathered up her courage and talked to Jennie right here at this lake… and she was a .” She said and the brunette in question opened offended while the rest of the guests laughed. “She said ‘Jisoo I talked to her’ and when I asked her, annoyed might I add ‘cause my little young self had a crush on her, if she could finally let the fantasy go and if she could finally admit that Jennie Kim was human after all she said ‘No, Jennie Kim is not human, she’s an angel, she’s my angel’”

 

Jennie’s heart floated further away if it was possible after hearing that, her eyes lighting up the whole place just by looking at the shy smile on Chaeyoung’s face. God how did she get so lucky?

 

“I believe in true love.” Jisoo continued looking at both girls.

 

“I believe in love at first sight.” She then said looking at Lisa.

 

“I believe love conquers all. And that doesn’t mean there’s not gonna hard days or difficult things to deal with, because there will be. But finding that person who does it for you and knowing that person loves you back, it just makes everything so much easier…’Jennie Kim will become Jennie Park’. That was the dream. And here we are 13 years later, and we all get to witness today a dream come true.”

 

Jisoo then nodded at Chaeyoung giving her the go ahead to start with her vows. Mia then walked in to give Lisa the rings who in turned gave one of the rings to Chaeyoung.

 

“Jennie… I’ve loved you since the first time I saw you. And this ring and this words are just simply a way to show the rest of the world what has been in my heart for as long as I’ve known you. “ The blonde carefully places the ring on Jennie’s finger, holding her hand softly yet firmly afterwards. “I love you… Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. I always have, and… I always will.”

 

The brunette feel her eyes watering so she turns to look at Irene who hands her the ring, this calms her a little but her eyes remain glassy, with the same care and love as Chaeyoung she places the ring on her finger.

 

“Chaeyoung Park… We’ve been through so much together. And despite how confused I’ve been or lost I might have gotten, there was alway you… Finding me and saving me. You deserve to be adored, so that’s what I’m gonna do. I’m going to adore you for years to come. I am so terribly in love with you. And I always will be.”

 

Jisoo takes a deep breath as Jennie finishes trying to keep her tears at bay. “Well by the power vested in me by… oneminuteminister.com… I know pronounce you wife and well… wife. Chaeyoung Park you may kiss the bride.”

 

“Finally.”

 

Finally their lips touched. Sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around them, along with all of their worries, their troubles and their problems. It felt like none of that mattered. It was a small yet warm kiss but it was also so intimate and electrifying. Their lips were moving in perfect sync, Chaeyoung’s hands on her waist; Jennie’s hands on the back of the blonde’s neck play with the ends of her hair. As they parted Jennie saw the blonde’s eyes sparkle and lips curve up into a smile and she couldn't help but smile back.

 

Jennie Kim was now Jennie Park.

 

--------------------------

 

The room buzzed with excited chatter and children ran between the tables in a good natured game of tag. The couple sat in front of a bouquet of baby pink roses and neither girl could help but lean in for a kiss every chance they got.

 

Jisoo stayed stood by the dance floor watching her friends dance and have fun, Seulgi dancing with Irene as she constantly asking her if she was okay or if she needed water, Wendy and Joy being silly in the dance floor, Chaeyoung and Jennie off in their own little world. Her mind thinking about how lucky she was to grew up in a place like Riverfall.

 

“Hey, love.” The thai girl walks to stand beside her wrapping her arm around the brunette’s waist, the latter leaning into her.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Having fun?”

 

“Claire’s cafe…” Jisoo said instead. “Claire’s cafe was always so special to us, to me specially. Mrs. Park made sure of that. I thought that maybe I’ll re-open it and call it Claire’s cafe . And maybe future baby Kang Yeri, and Pasta’s kids, and Mia… and hopefully ours will feel the same way that I did, safe… you know?” She turned to looked at Lisa, her eyes silently asking if she was understanding what she meant.

 

“Ours?” Lisa asked instead.

 

“I...uh...I mean…”

 

“I think two kids is a good number.” The thai girl says simply. “But we’re talking like way into the future, I’d like to marry you first.” Lisa continues pulling her closer, her words making Jisoo’s heart just float away. “I’m taking we are not moving to New York.”

 

“Riverfall’s home.”

 

“Then we stay in Riverfall.”

 

-----------------------------

 

“Hey everybody. First congratulations to Jennie and Chaeyoung.” Irene stood on stage ready for the song. The guest clapped and whopped in congratulations to the newly weds. “It’s time for the dance and this song was actually written by the love birds over there and it’s a huge honor to be able to sing it for you guys.” With a smile she nodded as the song started playing.

 

We were young just having fun and

running around in the dark

and they all told us it was wrong and

it should end before it started

 

“Come on, Rosie. Dance with me.” Jennie stood up offering her hand to her other girl who gladly took her and let herself be pulled to the dance floor.

 

The brunette wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck as the taller girl’s went around her waist pulling her close, their faces so close to each other simply looking at each other’s eyes as if nothing else existed.

 

It must have been our names

Were written in the stars

cause our love's so strong

could break to many hearts

 

Marriage isn't a ring worn or a paper signed. It is not something endured but savoured. It is the union of two hearts beating as one, each that would sacrifice for the other's happiness and wellbeing. Marriage is something so beautiful that in that natural world it would be an opening rose. Perhaps that is why we give roses to those we love. Marriage is the blessing we give to one another, an eternal bond of soul-mates

 

“I asked Jisoo to not say 'until death do us part,'” Chaeyoung said as they swayed side to side. “Because if I had a thousand lifetimes I'd want them all to be with you.”

 

“Isn’t that what soulmates share? A love that lives on in every lifetime?”

 

“I really hope so, Jen. Because any lifetime without you in it is a waste of time.”

 

“It’s you and me… always.”

 

And i never believed in destiny but

you and i were always meant to be

you and i were always meant to be

 

Ending up together had been inevitable from the time they were teens. They were inseparable. Each was the centre of the universe for the other. They were so relaxed in each other's company, so caring. Their love for one another radiated from them, touching the lives of everyone they knew. Over the years they remained devoted to one other. Through sicknesses and family tragedies they supported one another. In the rough times neither strayed. They got lost somewhere along the way, but they found their way back to each other as they were supposed to. Now they start the rest of their lives together and everything starts falling into place.

 

Believe that dreams come true every day. Because they do.

 

How ever hard it is

your love comes easily

no matter how they tried

you and i were always meant to be