Chapter 9

Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Just sleep here tonight, can’t you?’ Byul asked, the girl simply shake her head saying no to Byul request. She want to sleep here too but Hye Jin needed her right now.

‘You know why I can’t right?’

Byul press her lips together, she understand it completely. ‘Say hi to her from me then.’

‘Okay’ Wheein give Byul a simple peck on lips before heading back to Hye Jin apartment.

 

The girl about to open the front door but then it been open from inside and her whole body stiffened. The cold wind blow right through her, her feeling hardened. She doesn’t know how to react to the person standing right in front of her.

Wheein clenched her fist tightly by her side, she wanted to slap the person so much but she know it won't bring anything. It will only worsen the situation that they have been.

‘Hye Jin is drunk, so I drop her off.’ Yong Sun explain to the girl, her body rigid. Awkward, shame, and guilt. All sort of feeling attack her soul right now because of her wrong doing. She didn’t expect to face Wheein this early after the dirt she did to Byul.

‘Goodbye then..’ it was slow, Yong Sun voice. She wanted to leave so she bid farewell right away. Nodding her head once and walk pass the girl thinking that she fine now but then Wheein hold her wrist, giving Yong Sun no other choice but to stop her track.

‘You didn’t do anything to Hye Jin right?’

The girl voice is shaking, Yong Sun can’t tell is it because of anger or fear that Yong Sun could harm Hye Jin too. The older woman turn to face the girl and their eyes met, just then she saw how worry the girl is about her best friend.

 

 

 

Both sitting across each other at café, Wheein still clenched her fist real tight holding her anger. Yong Sun couldn’t even lift up her face, she is the one that suggest to talk here. Decide to come clean with Wheein, she is too regret about what she did toward Byul. She know it gonna sound like an excuse because she doesn’t want to lose Byul at that time, she thought Byul choose Wheein because the girl stay with Byul while she wasn’t. She thought Byul gonna choose her if she do the same.

Taping her thumb at the mug, the coffee still warm because it just being serve. Yong Sun take a deep breath and lift up her face. ‘You can get angry at me.’ She said staring at Wheein who looking at her with blunt expression. ‘I deserve to be hate by you… or everyone..’

‘It won't change anything…’

Yong Sun smile hearing Wheein words. ‘You such a sweet girl… I can’t never be like that.’ 

Wheein doesn’t know what to say so she just wait for the older woman to continue.

‘Please forgive me…’ she knows that the girl might just stand up and leave but she still ask or it, hoping that Wheein will take her apologise. ‘I’ll tell Hye Jin personally about what I did, please don’t tell her..’

‘Just don’t hurt Hye Jin.’ With that Wheein get up from her seat and walk out. Leaving young Sun sitting there alone, feeling miserable.

….

She didn’t really forgive Yong Sun but she doesn’t want Hye Jin to get hurt so Wheein think this is better. She doesn’t really sure what happened between those two so she can’t meddle with Hye Jin business, Hye Jin is an adult and Wheein sure, her best friend gonna make the best decision. Hye Jin is a wise person.

Elevator door open and Byul waiting for Wheein right in front of it. The girl raise her brows question about how Byul know about her going out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter