Chapter 15

Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years passed now, both living a normal life as a marriage couple at Byul apartment which Byul change it under Wheein name a month ago.

 

 

Staring in front of massive glass window, a night view of Seoul city right in front of her. Wrapping her arms around herself as she heard a footstep approach her. ‘What if I can’t get pregnant anymore?’ she asked whirling around to face Byul.

Staring deep into her wife soul, Byul searching for a word. A word to make those worries go away from her sweetheart. Circling her arms around Wheein waist, she didn’t say anything at all. She just look into those two pool of eyes in front of her.

A warm smile, she offered the girl a warm smile. With the hope those warm will spread through every corner of Wheein petite body.

 

‘Byul…’ she whispered under her breath. She want an answer from the woman through those calm silent that Byul dong right now.

 

‘You already know the answer.’ She said, tighten her hold on Wheein. ‘It doesn’t matter as long as you’re here with me.’

Interlace her fingers behind Byul’s neck, she gather a courage and look up to level their eyes. ‘I know you gonna said that. But, I want to give you a family. I want us to have.’

‘Stop.’ A firm warning by Byul, her face still calm looking at Wheein. ‘I know what you trying to say. I don’t know how to say this anymore. That I really fine with it. I can have all of you by myself till we grow old and die. So please…’ spreading her leg a little, she try to level her height with Wheein. ‘Don’t think about that anymore. Promise me?’

Biting her lower lips, with a heavy heart she say promise under her breath while leaning forward to kiss the woman. Sealing the deal between them.

 

 

It was the last day they talk about that, months passed now and Wheein still can believe that this day gonna come where she holding a pregnancy test in her right hand. Her eyes filled with tears as she saw the result.

 

She grip and twisted the door knob, slowly revealing the room that she and Byul décor for their baby before. She doesn’t sure what she been feeling right now after find out the result. Somehow she can’t manage to let go of the door knob, she scare to take another step toward baby crib that her eyes been staring for almost 10 minutes already. The room is a little bit dark, she didn’t turn on the light at all. The only source of light is coming through the glass window, a natural light from the bright Sun. the wall is painted with a light green colour and a natural oak wood flooring, it's make the room so bright, suit for the baby with a plush at the corner and some toys in the box.

Byul…. her heart whisper the name of the person she needed the most right now. How she wish Byul is right beside her so she can be brave to take another step because she know she won't be alone. But, she is alone right now. Byul still at the court. So, she closed her eyes for a second as she let the energy to filled up her body and mind, she keep remind herself that she have to move forward, she need to take another step. Only with that she and Byul will have, can have a happy life. They can now.

She snap open her eyes, Wheein walk toward the crib and stop right in front of it. She turn around looking at the room. Everything going to change now.

….

 

Byul just walk out from court, she walk really fast heading toward her car. She receive a text from Yong Sun saying that Wheein request for a half day meaning that the girl is unwell. Wheein doesn’t tell Byul at all so it make her worry even though Wheein just reply her text saying she’s fine, the girl just having a heavy headache and already take meds. Firmly grip the steering wheel, Byul press the pedal as soon as the light turns green.

 

She punch her house security code harshly and walk in with a heavy expression, eyes darting around searching for a familiar figure. ‘Wheein?’ she called, her voice sound desperate and a little bit of worry. Her footstep reach their bedroom since Wheein is non to be seen at living room kitchen area. But, a ton of question approach her when Wheein is not in the bedroom or bathroom. The girl don’t really like to go in Byul study so Byul cross that possibility fast. Then she realize, there is another room in this house, a room that she never make a visit after that day.

It's the room that bring her a happiness and a sorrow at the same time, it's hard to take a completely contradiction of emotion at the same time. Her body suddenly feel really heavy with the thought of Wheein might be in that room thinking about the loss that they face a long time ago. Thinking that everything going to be different to them now if that day didn’t happen.

She is know that both of them won't be able to move forward completely, but at least she hope that she can give Wheein a new source of happiness, she hoping that she can fill the empty face that Wheein have in those pure heart, she is hopes at least once, her love for Wheein can do something good. She is tired of this, she is also a human who can feel really tired when something didn’t go really well. It's been months since both of them promised and they never talk about it after that, Byul can’t really tell if Wheein or she is the one who running away from reality just to be happy again.

 

Her steps all heavy, each step filled with a very deep feeling she have whenever she saw those white door. Clearing her mind with a negative thought about why Wheein might stay in that room, she reach out to grip the door knob but the door been open from the inside of the room which is it just confirm that Wheein is indeed in that room.

Startled, both of them. It obvious with Wheein eyes grows big as she didn’t expect Byul to be there at all. While Byul, because her wild guess is true about Wheein in that room. Both freeze on their spot for a moment till

‘Can we stop doing this?’ her deep voice is a bit shaku because of the anger that she been holding up, Byul don’t really want to create another wound to their marriage but her sentences say it all.

‘Byul, I - ’ Wheein try to bring her point why she in there but the woman is too angry to hear or see anything, she didn’t notice that Wheein hand gripping tightly on a 10 centimetre long white pregnancy test.

‘I’m tired of this, why can’t it just be the two of us?’ Byul take a step backward as she raise her voice, her eyes piece through Wheein soul, she want the girl to see that is it hard for her too. ‘Do you really think that we can’t be happy anymore? I thought about it everyday that the two of us is enough for me. Is it too much for me to ask you to accept those too?’

Those eyes pooling with tears, Wheein wanted to reach out and wipe it away but her body is all rigid. She is too shock to see Byul in this state. Perhaps her previous action in the past months lead Byul to be like this. A tons of guilt spread through her entire veins when Byul take another step away from her. No!! Wheein heart screaming, she scare now about what about to come from Byul mouth. She scared that this might be the end for them, she is scare that maybe Byul grow tired with her.

‘Is my love is no longer feel the same that you need to have a kid to feel loved again?’ she spit out her inner thought about Wheein being a very depress lately. ‘Are my presence is no longer important toward you?’ she asked continuously without giving the gir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter