Chapter 12

Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘We were so happy you know.’ Those phrase blurted out from Byul dry lips. All the colourful memories with Wheein anticipating their baby to come out flash by passing her. She snorted thinking how ridiculous the situation she in right now. Everything change in split of second. Clasping her hands in front, Byul let out a heavy sighed.

Yong Sun who sit beside Byul can only look at the woman, there is nothing she can do. Byul didn’t really listen her comfort words.

‘Maybe all of this happened because I hurt you.’

‘Byul stop it, you know the fault is mine about what happened between us.’ She squeezed Byul   hands to get the woman attention. ‘And what happen right now is not your fault either Byul… both of you still have each other.’ Byul smile weakly hearing those sentence. ‘You need to stay strong, she need you. Both of you need each other.’

‘How can I tell her? that I failed to save our kid…’ she sighed, both of her hand rubbing her face thinking that it help to clear her mind out.

‘it's not your fault unnie.’

A soft voice reach Byul ears, she look up to the owner of the voice. Wheein’s best friend Hye Jin, she and Yong Sun been helping Byul a lot today. Both of them came from time to time to check on Byul and Wheein.

 

 

Drained, felt like a dried flower, she desperately need a water. Her eyes felt heavy, slowly open it and she frown because of the light. Weak, she try to look around, every inches in her body feel like being pinch with a sharp pin. Aching and a shooting pain around her stomach.

She extend her finger and then she felt her a firm grip on her right hand. Gather all the energy she have she turned her head and saw Byul resting her head on the bed, sleeping. The woman look not in good condition at all. Bandage on her right arm. Her cheek have a tiny bruise.

‘Byul..’ Wheein voice is not audible at all, all dry and it's hurt even when she stay still. She can’t even prop up her body because of the pain. It limit her move, taking a deep breath and she call Byul again even though her voice crack.

But, it does awake Byul. The woman in shock as she quickly stand up, ‘babe…’ her other hand gently caress Wheein cheek right away, Wheein eyes looking at her all confuse. And Byul….. she burst into crying. Hiding her face at Wheein neck. Her lips continuously saying sorry to Wheein.

 

‘I’m sorry…’ she whispered, eyes didn’t dare to look at Wheein, ‘you.. lost a lot of blood and the damage..’ she pause biting her lower lips, holding her tears. ‘They can’t save both of you..’

Wheein turn her head sideway right after that, she doesn’t want Byul to saw her face at that time. How cruel reality can be to both of them. She doesn’t want Byul to think it her fault but at the same time she so hurt with the lost that they face right now. Her left shoulder all wet because of her silent crying, she tighten her grip on Byul hand when she feel the woman caress at the back of her hand.

How hard it is for Byul to feel the same pain that Wheein feel but she need to comfort the girl and stay strong for them at the same time. Wheein try to understand it. ‘Byul…’ she called her. and Byul still refuse to look at her. ‘Byul.. it's okay.’

‘I vow to protect you, to protect our family..’ she rest her elbow as she prop up her arm on the bed and kiss at the bed of Wheein hand. ‘I’m sorry that I failed Wheein.’ she look at Wheein. both of their eyes glistened.

‘you not the only that took a vow that day Byul..’ tears run down on Wheein cheeks. ‘we can do this right?’ she asked with a sobbing. Hand still firmly gripping on Byul’s hand

Byul nodded her head right away, she get up to kiss Wheein. Pressing her lips hard on Wheein before she move to kiss the girl cheeks and forehead. ‘we can.’ She whispered before go out to call a doctor since Wheein wake up from sedative.

 

After the doctor go through Wheein condition, the girl all fine but she need to stay at the hospital for a few more day for doctor to check her surgical wound from time to time. With Hye Jin and Yong Sun frequently visit, Wheein didn’t really feel the gloomy air when she and Byul have sometimes. Byul did everything to lift up the mood but sometimes both of them just can’t. it still hard to accept the fact about what happened to them.

 

After a week, Wheein been discharge from the hospital, she can walk but still need someone to accompany her. Byul trying her best to help Wheein, just like when the girl carry her baby.

 

Their situation became harder when they reach home, with those baby stuff all over their apartment. Byul forgot about those, she did think she need to store all of that away but she is too busy with work and taking care Wheein at hospital. Now it's too late since both of them home.

It just bring out the solemn and awkward air to both of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter