Chapter 1

HEART BEATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon, Her Sister-like Best Friend, And Their New Roommate.

"Hey, wake up!"

"Taeyeon, wake up! It's five ing a.m!"

Rolling on the bed, Taeyeon presses a pillow over her face. It's not like her dream is too good for her to wake up. It's every fiber in her body screaming for another hour of rest after such a sleepless night.

"Taeyeon. Wake. Up."

She feels it, her sister-like best friend's cold toes touching her foot. It feels like a bucket of ice is being poured all over her body. "Yah!"

"We can't be late. It's our first day!"

Groaning, Taeyeon sits up. "How can you?"

"What?" Kwon Yuri, in her usual bare-minimum sportswear, practicing a few Yoga stretches by the foot of Taeyeon's bed.

"How can you be so chirpy and perky in the morning?" Wobbly, Taeyeon stands up and reaches for the towel she has draped over the chair before sleep last night. "How can you still have the energy to do Yoga after all the noise you made last night?"

"Oh, you heard?"

"I ing heard every time, Kwon Yuri. These walls aren't exactly scream-proof." Walking out of her room, Taeyeon enters the bathroom with blushing Yuri behind her.

"Sorry."

"Nope. Not accepting your sorry. You need to tone it down." Taking off her oversized white shirt, Taeyeon turns around and glares at the girl she has called best-friend since kindergarten. "You seriously need to stop being such a ."

"I'm not a ."

"No." Chucking her pajama pants into the laundry basket, Taeyeon turns to the sink and grabs her toothbrush. "You just have this tendency of humping every man available almost on every first date."

"Don't be ridiculous. I sometimes wait until the third date too."

 "You stop being ridiculous!" Taeyeon points her toothbrush menacingly at Yuri. "We're starting our internship today, Yuri. I can't be staying up for forty hours at the hospital then come home to your noisy after. I'm gonna need all the sleep I can get."

"Alright. Alright." Yuri steps back. "Don't kill me with that toothbrush."

"No more wild . Not in this house. Not when I'm around." Pulling her serious face, Taeyeon steps forward with her threatening weapon. "Pay real attention at work. This ain't med school no more."

"Noted. Focus on internship and have only quiet from now on." Yuri grins, taking another step back. "Have pity on Taeyeon's lack of life."

"Yah!" Taeyeon jabs Yuri's exposed waist with the toothbrush.

"Bath! Hurry! We need to be at the hospital before 7." Yuri laughs, trying to push Taeyeon back into the bathroom.

"No!" In nothing but a pair of bras and , Taeyeon retaliates by kicking Yuri's shin. "Take back your words."

"Come on, I said nothing but the truth." Still laughing, Yuri runs away to the kitchen area. "When was the last time you have a man in your bed?"

"Shut up!"

"What? Not even a for the last two years? No wonder you're this grumpy!"

Thwack. The toothbrush in Taeyeon's hand flies and hits a forehead. Not Yuri's forehead though.

"Good morning to you too, guys." Kwon Jiyong, the house owner, enters the kitchen while rubbing his forehead. "Nice bras, Taeyeon. Yellow really matches your skin tone."

Taeyeon shrieks, covering herself and dashes back to the bathroom. Yuri just laughs.

"Is this gonna be a morning routine? You guys running around in underwear and throwing stuff at each other? Cause I can really get used to it." Jiyong walks to the refrigerator, opens the door then grabs a carton of milk.

"These are sport bra and sport shorts, not underwear, mind you."

"Same difference." Jiyong shrugs, about to drink the milk straight out of the package if Yuri doesn't move to stop him.

"We agreed to share food. Can you at least learn to use a glass?" She warns him.

"We agreed to share a roof. Can you at least learn not to have wild gorilla every night?" Jiyong grins at Yuri before pouring the milk into his open mouth.

" Touché." Simply simpering, Yuri pulls out a cutting board from the cabinet by the stove. "I'll make my signature killer sandwiches as an apology. How do you like yours?"

"With Advil." Jiyong sighs, pulling up the sleeve of his neon green sweaters. "Let me help."

 

Yuri, Compression and Coffee.

"I like him." Winter weather is starting to rear its head in the city. It's so cold Yuri has to rubs her hands together to get warm. She glances at Taeyeon, gauging her reaction. She wants to know if Kwon Jiyong has got a pull at Kim Taeyeon's stone cold heart.

"Nooo." Taeyeon groans, donning her wool beanie as she steps away from the bus stop. "Please don't bed him this soon. He is a very decent landlord with a very decen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter