The Truth

Forgotten Fighters

"With the stories about who we are out of the way, it's time that the truth comes to light. Everyone wants to believe that D.va was skilled enough to take down the Gwishin that day without putting herself, and her mech in any harm and danger," D.mon says. 

"That's not the truth however, as there were pieces of the story that were edited in the report to explain why we were all injured and our mechs were destroyed, but with D.va unharmed and her mech unharmed," Casino exclaims. 

"She left us out to dry, she abandoned us and expected that we would win and ... and ... and," Overlord stutters. 

"I think it's best if we were to rewind this to the beginning, it may help the reader understand this situation from the beginning," King states. 

"Yeah that might be a good idea," Overlord replies.

"Look at that boys, the King with another good idea," - King brags. D.mon then slaps King. "What was that for?" 

"There's a time and a place for bragging and now is definitely not the place for it," D.mon responds. 

"Fine fine," King says very reluctantly. 

"Let's get back on track, we woke up at about 5:00, we wake up that early because we gotta be prepared for whenever the evil Gwishin robot of death might attack, then we would go and brush our teeth..." Casino stated. 

"Don't tell them our entire daily routine, half that stuff is like classified and like a quarter of it is embarrassing," Overlord interrupted obviously embarrassed "if none of you know where to start telling the reader the this story, then allow me to do so,"

"Are you sure, you seem so shy like all the time Overlord, and I would hate it if you were to have a panic attack while trying to tell a story, especially with how shy you are and everything" D.mon exclaims. Overlord blushed at the remark.

"I am sure, uhh, I mean I had ,uhh, just told my life story, I think can handle it," Overlord responds taking a deep breath before continuing "At about 19:27, Captain Myrung sounds the alarm as the gwishin robot monstrosity had decided to emerge from the East China Sea, the 5 of us jump into our mechs and had begun to start making our way to the area," 

"By 5 of us did you actually mean 4, because all of a sudden during our flight I see D.va break away from the formation and starts going away from the rest of ..." - Casino continues 

"Pause for a moment, Casino you pilot the fastest mech, how did you see D.va pull out of formation, the King did see her do just that but the King also remembers that you were very far ahead of the rest of us as your job is to delay the Gwishin until we get there to buy us as much time to disperse the Gwishin," King interrupts. D.mon was about to slap King again but decided not to.

     "Simple, spotting something pink in a mess of black and dark gray buildings is pretty easy," Casino responds.

"Makes sense," King responds. 

"Apparently D.va had set up an autograph ceremony for herself, and felt that the autograph ceremony was more important than the omnic, I know this because I saw something on her laptop regarding an autograph ceremony for herself a little while before the alarm went off," D.mon says flashing a dirty look at everyone that not only reorientated her teammates but also told them that their petty comments can wait until the end. 

"That was where she left us out to dry, she had expected that the 4 of us could hold them off, but her mech was still pretty important, it’s the most well-rounded mech of the 5 making it necessary for close combat, there is only so much that Beast can do anyway in terms of close combat, Tokki is like Beast's backup," Overlord continues.

"The only thing that got D.va to stop her autograph ceremony and to get her rear end over to come help us after we were all screaming at the top of our lungs on our comms for her to come help us, and of course she was able to do it because of how much we were able to weaken it," Casino finishes.

"I remember watching the press conference that happened afterward from my hospital T.V. , since I was unable to participate due to how badly I was injured, and seeing everyone except D.va and D.mon, all injured and nearly covered from head to toe in bandages, and seeing D.va just sitting there with a smile on her face acting as if nothing bad had happened, I was furious with the all of these actions and which made me so angry, especially when she claimed that she is the most important part of our group, that is not true, Overlord is the most important, as he is the one who can repair our mech in a pinch with his drones, provide us with backup communications, and by us at least some more time, while we are counting on D.va, we count on D.va to do her job, not to take all the credit" King finishes.

"I do want to make it clear that I had gotten lucky that my injuries were very minor as I had managed to bail from my mech before it got smashed to bits, making it out with only a scar on my face after being cut by a stray piece of metal, this allowed me help Overlord out his mech as he was trapped in his mech due to the damage he had taken," D.mon interjects. 

"If you did not help me out of my mech, I don’t know how I would have even survived, so I still can't thank you enough for what you did D.mon, I probably would've lost some ligaments if you didn't help me out too," Overlord replies smiling. 

"I got a feeling that you were very much over exaggerating there Overlord, but your welcome," D.mon replies smiling. 

"Well I um.." Overlord began starting to blush.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOO, look at you Overlord, trying to get a girlfriend, the King can give you some romance advice if you want any," King annoyingly says. 

Casino begins to facepalm. 

"It's not like that," Overlord says embarrassingly. 

"Guys, teasing Overlord can wait, right now we need to focus on the task at hand. The thing that makes me really mad is how D.va underestimates our abilities, when she managed to hold off an omnic attack all by herself, she decides not to call for backup because ‘they wouldn't get there in time,’ which is complete nonsense, La Princesse Sereine would have been able to make it there in about 30 seconds from the time that the call for backup would've came in, which, while its not good in offense, it can at least buy more time for one of Masterminds repair drones to come in and fix her mech and then MEKA would not have had to spend so much money repairing her mech because she blew it up. Oh, by the way, did you tell the reader about the drones Overlord," Casino lectured, trying to get everyone back on track. 

"No I didn't, Mastermind can..." Overlord tried to continue but then

"ARE YOU GUYS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME, BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF INSULTS ALONG WITH MY NAME SO PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT IS GOING ON"