The Reunion of a Lifetime

Forgotten Fighters

D.mon here, and I already know what you are thinking right about now, why did I leave the boys to their own things? Well, that's pretty simple, I liked D.va's idea, and since we did not have a plan before D.va barged, I did not want to even find out what Casino’s idea is. This is because last time I listened to an idea from Casino; it was that Casino thought it would be a great idea to add more jet boosters to our mechs. It had ended horrifically for everyone who participated. My mech had both of it’s legs amputated and had to get new ones, Overlord peed and pooped his pants, I know this as it was my turn for laundry and I found some somewhat interesting and disgusting objects in Overlord's outfit, King couldn't control his mech at all and could only have it constantly spinning which caused him to puke a lot, and D.va was busy doing something else, I don't remember what, but doesn’t matter, as the moral of this story whole fiasco is do not listen to whatever Casino has planned. Right now, I am trying to catch up to D.va as I think I might be able to benefit more from her idea than from whatever the heck Casino has in mind, and here she is let me talk to her. "Hey D.va, " she turns around to look at me, giving me a strange look, "I was wondering if you had any extra cameras, and anything else that I might need to live stream, as well as any possible advice for live streaming our fights,". 

D.va stops giving me a strange look, and seems very curious about something and asks me "Before I tell I would like to know one thing, what is it that is making you want to leave the plan you guys already had?" D.va asks inquisitively.

 "Pretty simple, there was no plan, Casino had probably thought of one while he was in the ice box, and I do not trust whatever he has in that brain of his, especially ever since the last time I listened to his plan," I reply. 

"Ah you don't want a repeat of the jet booster incident," D.va responds. D.va seems to be more trusting with me than before. "Exactly, so I wanted to go with your plan because it does not sound like it would amputate my mech's legs," I reply. 

"Then come with me, I think I might have what you're looking for in my room, if not we can go shopping for the stuff together,I will even pay and if we have time we can even go shopping for other stuff too, like clothes and food, and I will even pay for all that too," D.va beckons.

 "Sounds good to me," I reply. I follow her, and off we go to her room. During this walk I get hit with some nostalgia as it reminds me of the first time I came over to D.va's house. "Hey doesn't this remind of back when we were in high school and those times when we would go came over to your place, or we would go to my place and we would just play video games," I ask curious if she still remembered those old times as I do. 

"Yeah, actually it does kinda feel like that, I always thought that you had forgotten those times, as it was quite a long time ago," D.va responds right as we make it to the door to her room.

 "Let's hope that Overlord does not decide to come in here, I got a bit of a bad feeling that he might've come in here while he was in the vents," I say as I am a tad concerned about if he actually is in there. 

"Don't worry, I am pretty sure he did not as in the time it took him to activate Overlord's comms, he probably did not spend any time in my room," D.va responds. 

Seemingly confident, D.va opens the door. Like she said Overlord was not there, nor was there anyone of intruders. I take a bit of a look around and see that it is a bit of a mess like her room at her old home. 

"Gimme a sec," D.va says as she gets a bin out from under a desk and searches through it, sometimes I could hear D.va mumble the word no. 

I begin to look around inside her room as I am curious about what are the things that D.va has in her room. While D.va has a lot of posters, there is one framed picture. It depicted the two of us together, and gave me some old flashbacks, as this picture it was our first ever selfie and we took it to commemorate our friendship, looking at brought some tears to my face as I thought about how part of my determination to become known might've caused our friendship to get a bit out of hand, and how I could've avoided it from happening, as well as how I could have avoided it. You see, Captain Myrung had assigned a young boy by the name of Dae-Hyun Park as D.va's assistant as D.va grew in popularity to help her manage all the attention she was getting. If that name sounds familiar, then you are right, Dae-Hyun Park was D.va's friend since elementary school until she blew up his hoverboard to win a race, this caused us to meet and become really good friends, but when Myrung assigned Dae-hyun Park as D.va’s assistant, it probably caused D.va to sorta forget about me hence another reason why I joined the other 3, I wanted D.va to notice me again. I wipe the tears off my face and turn around to see D.va finishing up her searching which was when she told me that she did not have any extra pieces of recording stuff, so we were going to have to shop for all of the equipment instead. 

*3 hours of shopping later* 

"OMG, that was so much fun," D.va says "I never thought that some stores were just willing to offer some of their high quality products at such low prices to us, and only us, it was almost as if something about us struck them as very important people,"

 "Probably because of how great they see you and would like to do whatever they can to assist you, so they wanted to give you their best products at really good prices to help you," I reply. 

"Let's not forget that this is to help you not me. If you want to prove to the world that you are strong and get their attention, then you gotta give the world a new perspective. What you guys originally thought was that the public is ignoring your existence, or to better explain it they had a lot of ignorance. What you guys were overlooking was that it was perception not ignorance. Since none of you were posting your perspective of our battles, people gravitated towards me because they saw that I was trying to protect all of them, but now that you are now posting your perspective people can gravitate towards both of us because now they can see that we are working together to fight off the omnic attacks, and who knows maybe you might get a part in "Hero of my Storm" due to people seeing another hero," D.va lectures. 

"Before we go and hook this stuff up, should go back to our rooms and put away some of the other stuff," I respond. I was hoping to at least get sometime to catch my breath and get a break, and also get some stuff out of my hands as I am exhausted from all the shopping we did. 

"Yeah, that's a good idea, it would be really difficult to manage all the clothing we got as well as we should get some time to catch our breath, we did do a lot of walking," D.va responds. 

I start to feel like D.va is a psychic as she knew exactly what I was thinking. 

"Should we meet up at the hangar to hook this stuff up to your mech," D.va asks. "Sounds good to me," I reply as I make my way off to my room. I now feel as if a part of me that had been separated from the rest has now been reconnected with the rest of me.