Ch. 8 - Give

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8

"GIVE"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

It was stupid.

The way she felt about her was stupid. The fact that every time Jennie saw her hurt her, was incredibly stupid and she didn't care at all. She didn't care that every time she walked into their homeroom, her eyes would immediately seek her out and she'd bite her lip every time she decided not to acknowledge her.

She didn't care that Miyeon would watch her with disapproval as soon as she looked away, fighting hurt and unfamiliar tears as she looked at her notebook. She didn't care that Miyeon had a vague idea of what was going on with her and she really didn't care that every time she closed her eyes all she could feel was Lisa’s lips on hers and she really hated the fact that it hurt her so much that she had to care.

Closing her eyes, Jennie leaned against the closed door of the cubicle and took a deep breath. At the current moment, all those cares and that one hatred, couldn't compare to the fact that she really hated the fact that within the limited time she'd known Lisa Manoban, she'd developed feelings for her.

Feelings that ran deeper than she'd figured and she hated that. She hated the fact that she'd mistaken feelings for an attraction and she really hated the fact that those feelings were hurting her.

Opening her eyes, Jennie took a deep breath and rubbed a hand over her face as she heard the bathroom door open. Giggles filled the bathroom and hearing them made Jennie tensed and was hoping that they didn't notice that one of three cubicles was occupied.

"I wonder what's up with her. I mean seriously, Lisa's never this angry. Did you see her in the cafeteria? She looked like she wanted to hurt someone!" Jennie bit her lip as one of the girls spoke, hoping that neither of them brought her up.

"I know! It's so weird seeing something bothering her like this. I mean the only time something's bothered her so…obviously was when those Busan Uni kids were on her back. Any idea what's up with her?" Another one spoke and Jennie suddenly realized that the girls talking were cheerleaders. She knew for a fact that no other girls saw Lisa enough to see something was up with her.

"I think it's got something to do with Jennie Kim. I saw them talking the other day. She seemed really…attentive to what she was saying and I think she's done something to get to her." The first girl spoke and another snorted, informing Jennie that there were more than two cheerleaders.

"What could she do? Unless she tried to seduce her, which is completely idiotic. Have you seen how she dresses?" The third one sniped and Jennie bit her lip at the comment.

"Oh be quiet Soojin! Jennie's really nice. I was partnered with her in English the other day and there's nothing wrong with her. You're just jealous that Lisa seems to have an interest in her." Jennie frowned as the first girl snapped at the girl named ‘Soojin’, trying to recognize the voice of the girl that spoke.

"Of course I'm not! I just don't get why Lisa's taken such an interest in her. How interesting can she be?" Soojin said and Jennie cringed at the spite she hears in her voice.

"Interesting enough to hold her attention for the past couple of weeks." The second cheerleader spoke up and Jennie swallowed slightly at the malice in her own voice, even though Jennie knew that it wasn't aimed at her.

"Fine. It's just weird, you know? Lisa rarely ever seems interested in anyone outside who she knows and suddenly she comes to school…" Soojin trailed off as if trying to figure out how to finish the sentence.

"And she's getting more attention than anyone else ever has?" The first cheerleader spoke and Jennie frowned at the comment. She couldn't be getting more attention than anyone else, Lisa paid about as much attention to her as she did to anyone else that she bothered to speak too.

"Exactly! It's so weird, don't you think? Out of all the girls that throw themselves at her, she goes for the one that doesn't really seem interested," Soojin said and at the Jennie closed her eyes again.

"I don't think it's weird. Did you see the way she looked at her in World History? She looked like she was about to burst into tears, especially when Lisa looked away. You can't have feelings for someone who only has to look at you to hurt you." Jennie bit her lips harder at the truth in those words. It couldn't have been that obvious. How could something like that be so obvious?

"I didn't see that. Though I did see the way Lisa was looking at her during English. She was answering something and Lisa was just watching her like there was something about her she couldn't take her eyes off. It was such a weird look cause I've never seen it on her before." Jennie suddenly recognized the first cheerleader's voice. It was the girl named Park Chaeyoung or known as ‘Rosé’.

She could only remember that because during the lesson where they were partnered together, she'd pointed out that Lisa had been watching her.

"Right. Sure," Soojin snorted and Jennie winced at the cynicism that laced her words.

"Come on, we're going to be late for warm-up if we're not careful." The cheerleader Jennie didn't know said and she sighed in relief when there were gasps of horror before all three girls exited the bathroom and leaving Jennie alone again as she tried to figure out exactly what had just happened.

An interest in her. That's all they'd pinned it down to.

Lisa had an interest in her that confused them. She let out a snort of laughter at the thought. If Lisa's interest confused them then they really had no idea that Lisa mystified her completely. Especially the way she reacted after that one kiss. Jennie let out a sigh as it entered her mind.

She hadn't known she could kiss that furiously yet softly, hadn't known her hand could have felt so wonderful against her cheek and for a moment, Jennie wondered what those cheerleaders would say if they found out the reason Lisa was so…aggravated was because of that one afternoon they had shared one simple kiss in the middle of the park.

One kiss that was now hurting her more than anything else ever had. She didn't understand why she was so angry at her. She hadn't done anything except let her kiss her and she'd wanted it. She'd wanted her to kiss her. But she hadn't wanted the confusion or hurt that had followed it and she really hadn't wanted to be on the receiving end of Lisa's temper.

She hated that she'd allowed herself to be hurt by her and she really hated the fact that those cheerleaders had guessed that the reason she was so aggravated was because of her. But what she hated above everything else, above her feelings, above the cheerleaders knowing, above everything, was that she didn't know what she had done wrong. She didn't understand how she had gone from being mildly amused with her to on the edge of losing control around her.

Hearing the bell ring, Jennie sighed as she heard the excited shouts that could be heard in the bathroom as everyone piled out the classroom headed for their lockers, chattering excitedly about the basketball game that was only minutes away.

Leaning down, Jennie picked up her bag and swung it over her shoulder. Opening the cubicle, she stepped out and pushed open the bathroom door. Allowing herself to get caught up in the swarm of students heading for the gym, Jennie clutched her bag tightly as she entered the gym. Her eyes flicking to the bleachers where Lisa had found out about her father.

Taking a deep breath, she began to climb up them to settle herself halfway up. Sitting down, she smiled at the people that called out greetings to her, even though she barely knew most of them and turned her attention to the basketball court were Gangnam High was already warming up. Feeling someone sit down next to her, Jennie turned her head and sighed when she saw Miyeon's annoyed face.

"I thought you didn't come to basketball games," she said and Miyeon glanced at her friend with narrowed and skeptical eyes.

"I don't usually. Unless someone tells me my friend has decided to attend them," Miyeon replied with raised eyebrows that Jennie just shrugged at.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter