Ch. 1 - Just Chemistry

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

"JUST CHEMISTRY"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

Lisa Manoban stood, leaning against the lockers near the doorway to Seoul High. Her coffee-colored eyes flicking over every student that filed through the doors, lingering on the ones that she had a feeling we're going to be some trouble during the year, the ones that would freak if confronted, the overly confident ones and the one that wouldn't be any trouble.

It was so easy categorizing every student walking through the doors. They'd all slipped into their little categories when they'd arrived for their freshman year and seeing as she knew nearly all of them, none of them were going to be out of place.

Although, she knew it was superficial, Lisa had to admit, knowing which person belonged in which category helped when trying to remember someone's name and to Lisa, knowing someone's name when they were positive she'd never even heard of them before, was, possibly, one of her favorite ways to start a conversation.

"Dude! Did you see that girl?" Lisa barely reacted to the loud, obnoxious voice of her best friend Kang Seulgi.

Seulgi glanced at Lisa, saw the slight inclination of her head and knew that Lisa had heard her and had also seen the girl.

"Too easy Seulgi," Lisa replied carelessly, her eyes flicking from the crowd to the black-haired Korean whose eyes where still following the blonde girls’ head as she walked up the hall, apparently deep in conversation with the girl beside her, not realizing that Lisa knew for a while now that her eyes were flicking back to herself and Seulgi as she walks by.

"Aww, dude, you say that every girl that walks through that door," Seulgi groaned.

Lisa rolled her eyes at her best friend, amusement with Seulgi was the only thing that was evident in her coffee-colored orbs as she returned to the assessing of the students.

"That's because every girl that walks through that door is willing to throw themselves at you as long as you say the right thing," Lisa replied, snickering. Seulgi looked at her, a grin erupting on her face as she watched her friend.

"And you always know just what to say to them, right?" she asked back and Lisa's eyes flicked back to Seulgi's, the grin on her face cocky as she looked at her.

"Of course," Lisa replied smugly. Seulgi shook her head at her best friend as they were approached by two other girls. Both had their eyes flicking and appreciating over girls as they walked by and commenting on them as they came to a stop by the two best friends.

"Hey guys!" Wendy, the Canadian-Korean girl said, high fiving Seulgi and receiving a nod from Lisa, who had seemed to tire out from the students filing through the doorway and had turned her attention to her friends.

"How was your summer guys?" Jisoo, the short dark-haired Korean girl asked, her eyes flicking around to see her friend’s reaction to her question.

Seulgi's face lights up, Wendy's seemed slightly less excited and Lisa's expression didn't change at all.

"Excellent! Parties, girls and no parents for most of it. What more could you want?" Seulgi replied to it enthusiastically and Lisa just rolled her eyes.

"No hangovers, actually knowing the girls' name when you wake up the next morning and making sure you don't get caught drinking by your parents?" She asked coolly, referring to Seulgi's string of hangovers, freak-outs waking up next to a girl she didn't know and consistent groundings throughout the holidays.

Seulgi glared at her friend and Lisa returned the glare with an equally cool look. Seulgi, feeling a bit intimated, looks away first as Wendy decided to intervene.

"Pretty good. Hawaii was awesome, the parties back here were great and Joy was interesting enough," Wendy replied, avoiding looking at Lisa, whose eyebrows had risen as her friend had spoken.

"Never thought the words ‘Joy’ and ‘interesting’ would be used in the same sentence," Lisa commented casually, the sting of her words carefully masked by Wendy who shrugged and folded her short arms, knowing that Lisa's reaction was exactly what she had expected.

"Mine were tame, being locked away at a ranch for three months is not something I'm going to repeat. Although," Jisoo said with a grin. "My cousin's friends were pretty nice," she added nonchalantly and Lisa didn't say anything.

Silence descended on the four as the students around them continued to laugh and chatter.

"What about you Lisa?" Seulgi asked grinning, already having a pretty good idea what her friend had gotten up to.

"Besides making sure you didn't kill half the people at every party we went to?" Lisa asked and Seulgi shrugged, knowing she had probably deserved that, seeing as Lisa always seemed to pick up her mess when she was smashed.

"Yeah," she replied, grinning at her best friend, and Lisa was the one that shrugged. Ignoring the people that had joined them as she studied her friend, Seulgi shifted uncomfortably as Lisa's eyes watched her levelly and then felt relieved when Lisa seemed to want to answer.

"They were boring as hell," was her only reply as the bell rang signaling homero

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter