Ch. 2 - Unnerved

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

"UNNERVED"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

The day hadn't gone well.

The day wasn't ever going to go well though, Jennie thought as she stared out the window of her AP Chemistry class. None of her first days every did and today had to be up there as one of the worst, including the time she spent an entire day in the wrong classes and ultimately the day in the wrong grade.

It had all gone downhill as soon as she'd arrived at her new homeroom and interrupted an argument, which she had learned later on was a daily occurrence, between her homeroom teacher and one of the girls in her grade. An interruption she'd regretted when the said girl had turned around and examined her. She'd known it was an examination because of the cool calculation she saw in her eyes as they'd swept over her, assessing her entirety. She knew that the said girl hadn't thought much of her as she'd lowered her head and tried to move past her.

And that's when her entire day had gone downhill.

Just by her small, deliberate movement. She didn't even know who she was and yet she had managed to desLisa any chance she had of getting through her first day at Seoul High and her ultimate plan of getting through her senior year without any outrageous amounts of attention, which in Jennie's case meant getting through the entire year without any attention.

This had been blown out of the water, unfortunately, when she'd fallen in front of her homeroom class and had spent the rest of the day being pointed at by numerous people. Which at one point had nearly reduced her to tears, being pointed and giggled at on her first day wasn't something she liked or was used to.

Hearing the bell ring, Jennie jumped and snapped out of her recollection of the day. Sighing, she began to close her books and stack them in order of size as the rest of her Chemistry class filed out the door and joined the thundering students heading for the front doors of Seoul High. They all seemed to be so eager to leave the constricting halls of the school whereas right now, leaving the school was the last thing that she wanted to do. It wasn't that she didn't want to go home, she just didn't want to go home to an empty house or a bright, happy mother.

Sighing to herself, Jennie picked up her books, smiled politely at her teacher who was scribbling something in her book and slipped out the door and into the now creepily ghostlike hallway.

Looking around in disbelief, Jennie couldn't believe that the students of Seoul High could clear out of school that quickly. It was, almost, like they were heading out for summer break again and nothing could stop them. Shaking her head, Jennie clutched her books to her chest and began to walk towards the area she knew was vaguely near her locker.

As she walked, Jennie found herself relaxing. She wasn't sure why, but she knew that the overall atmosphere of the school was wonderfully warm and welcoming and although the students in her homeroom had laughed, some of the others had been nice and the teachers had been a great help. It was, all in all, a school that she wouldn't mind spending her final year of high school at.

A school that had, possibly, no real bad points.

Reaching her locker with a softly exhaled breath upon having found it, Jennie pulled it open and carefully selected the books she would need for that night. Already knowing that most of her homework would be completed in the few hours she had before her mother got home from her work. As she placed them into her bag, Jennie had to admit that the deserted hallway of Seoul High was slightly creepy, and with that thought in mind, she quickly stuffed her phone and into her bag and held her car keys tightly in her hand as she began to navigate her way through Seoul High's hallways to the front doors and ultimately the car park.

"Great," Jennie found herself muttering as she realized she'd gotten herself lost in the school, after school, so the odds of running into someone and them being able to help her were extremely unlikely. Sighing, she tightened her grip on the strap of her bag and kept walking, hoping that she might come across something that seemed slightly familiar to her if she kept going.

As she walked, Jennie wondered what time her mother would get home and then sighed again. She never knew when her mother was getting home and she never knew if she was coming home.

At all of their old homes, Jennie had spent a considerable amount of time alone, her mother working as hard as she could to provide a wonderful life for both her daughter and herself and while Jennie appreciated what her mother was trying to do, the life she was making, she always craved extra company. The fact that they moved around a lot caused Jennie to never have a pet and she had always dearly wanted a puppy or a cat.

Turning to a corner, Jennie jumped a mile and stifled a scream when a loud bang echoed from the building next to her.

Standing with her hand over her heart, her pulse beating a mile a minute, Jennie looked at the building next to her curiously. Glancing at it, she made an educated guess that it was the schools’ gym and wondered what on earth could have caused a noise like that from the building. Especially since the school seemed completely and utterly deserted.

her slightly dry lips, Jennie tentatively approached the do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter