Ch. 5 - Assume

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

"ASSUME"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

Jennie Kim was turning out to be more than the simple miss-smarty-pants Lisa had pinned her for and for once, something like this happening was a pleasant surprise to her instead of an annoyance.

Lisa wasn't sure what it was about the cat-eyed girl that surprised her instead of annoyed her and she was rather astounded by herself that she wasn't in a hurry to find out.

If Jennie Kim still had her attention two weeks after she'd told her about her experience in New Zealand, then there was something about the girl that had her interested and for once it wasn't even about what she could do for her.

That was what was part of the puzzle, she'd never wasted her time, or been interested in, a girl that literally couldn't do anything for her beside provide interesting conversation. Even that, she suspected, hadn't ever really been enough for her and yet, she'd found her mind wandering to the brunette every time it wasn't engaged by their conversations, which, more often than not, was when she was around her friends.

She'd kept where her thoughts and attention had been, wandering to herself, knowing that if her friends found out about what she was thinking it wouldn't sit well with any of them.

Casting her gaze around the classroom, Lisa's eyes settled on the object of her thoughts and fascination. She was unaware of the smirk that formed on her chiseled face when the brunette looked up and her eyes flicked over to hers. Their eyes momentarily locking with each other.

The blush that spread across the brunette’s cheeks caused Lisa’s smirk to widen and she watched as her eyes lowered to her notebook again. Even though her focus was on the notebook in front of her, Lisa continued to study her, her y eyes tracing the ebony curls which had escaped the hastily fastened bun she'd restrained them in.

Just looked at her, Lisa knew it would be a lie if she ignored how attractive Jennie was, and an even bigger lie if she said she wasn't a bit attracted to her. Which was just another piece of the puzzle, she mused.

Hearing the bell ring, Lisa tore her sinful eyes away from Jennie and stood up, throwing the notebook she had taken out for a show in her bag. Lisa swung it over her shoulder and filed out of the classroom with the rest of her class. Shoving her hands in her pants pockets, Lisa began to move towards her locker.

"Yo Lisa! Are you going to the park after school?" Seulgi appeared out of nowhere as Lisa reached for her locker, pulling it open. She sent her best friend a cool look to which Seulgi responded with raised eyebrows.

"I haven't decided yet," she replied and Seulgi snorted in disbelief as Lisa shut her locker door and turned to face her.

"Dude, come on, its basketball, you've never had to decide when it comes to basketball," Seulgi said loudly, catching attention from the near students. Lisa pointedly looked at Seulgi, the coolness in her eyes not betraying the annoyance she felt.

"Seulgi, drop the subject before you end up in that locker." Lisa's tone was light in comparison to the look in her eyes and Seulgi knew that if she pushed the subject any more than she already had, which had been all day, the lightly said threat would come true.

"Alright, alright, sorry," Seulgi jokingly said, raising a hand in surrender as Lisa rolled her eyes at her best friends’ care-free attitude. Her attention was suddenly caught as she turned her neck and attention to the hallway.

Seulgi looked at her friend with curiosity. To someone else, it would seem that Lisa was just examining the throngs of laughing, talking students but to her, she was well aware that Lisa was looking for someone.

Seulgi watched as her friends’ unemotional coffee-colored eyes flicked over the students and settled on the person she was looking for. The sudden flash of recognition that went through Lisa's eyes didn't change the cool mask of her face.

Seeing it, Seulgi turned her attention to the hallway in a hope of finding out exactly who her friend was looking at and immediately frowning for finding nothing but a loud group of cheerleaders.

"Dude, who are you looking at?" Seulgi asked and Lisa turned her focus and attention from a laughing Jennie to her annoying best friend.

"No-one," Lisa cooly replied and watched as Seulgi's eyes turned back to the hallways in a vain attempt to see what her friend was looking at. Lisa knew that Seulgi wouldn't take any notice of Jennie and she wouldn't believe that Lisa was looking at the brunette anyway, so she considered it safe enough to look for her in a crowd.

"Uh-huh…" Seulgi muttered and looked at Lisa in hopes that her face would betray something, even though she knew that Lisa never betrayed any emotion unless it suited her too. It was one of the things that Seulgi resented in her best friend almost as much as she admired.

"Seulgi, are you going to the park this afternoon?" Lisa inquired lazily and Seulgi shrugged as an answer. Knowing she would sound like a hypocrite if she said no and had been at her friend all day to go.

"Yep, all the guys are going. It'll be like a warm-up before the start of the season too," Seulgi said casually. Lisa just nodded her head as Wendy approached them.

"So you guys going to the park after school?" Wendy immediately asked the two as she arrives.

Seulgi glanced at Lisa who didn't seem to respond to the question before answering. "Yep. Is everyone else going?" she asked, spinning basketball she was holding on her finger and waiting for Wendy's reply.

"Dude, you just said everyone else was going. Why do you need to ask a question that you already know the answer too?" Lisa questioned. Seulgi's mouth opened and closed as Lisa sent her the look everyone knew meant 'shut-up'.

"Well guys," Lisa pushed off her locker and turned her attention to her two friends. "I'm out. I'll see you in the park." Lisa began to walk down the hallway as Seulgi registered what her best friend had said.

"No way dude!" was all Lisa heard as she headed down the hallway. It surprised her that Seulgi had registered what she had said so quickly as she walked down the hallway, knowing that Seulgi’s comprehension copes up a little delayed than the normal.

Glancing around, Lisa could see most of her grade chattering, most making use of the free period before the end of school. Rolling her eyes when she brushed past a couple of squealing girls, Lisa headed towards the gym, knowing for a fact that no-one was in there.

Reaching the gym doors, Lisa yanked them open and walked in, letting the silence of it washed over her. Walking in a bit further, Lisa's eyes settled up to the bleachers and widened in surprise when she saw who was sitting halfway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter