Ch. 6 - Dark

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

"DARK"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

She had been so close, so close to kissing her.

She'd seen it in her eyes, those eyes that always held amusement. She'd seen her control slip and she'd even seen the annoyance that had flashed through her eyes but at what? That, she didn't know.

And the fact that she'd been that close to her, scared her. What scared her even more was that she wanted her to do it. She wanted Lisa to kiss her.

Bringing a hand to her head, Jennie massaged her forehead in an attempt to get rid of the headache she felt coming on. The headache was becoming familiar to her system. She only ever got it whenever she thought about what had happened in the gym. But what confused her even more was the personality switch she had witnessed when she'd walked back into the gym.

She'd seemed so different, so much more approachable and then when she'd seen her standing there in the gym, watching the scene between her and her father, she'd almost seemed angry with her when she'd asked if she and her dad had always gotten along well.

It confused the hell out of her.

One moment she was laughing and the next almost mad and before that. Her eyes closed as once again she remembered how close she had been to kissing her. If only her father hadn’t interrupted them, God knows what could possibly happen then and there.

She leaned against her front door. What if Lisa had kissed her? What would it have been like? Jennie wondered but then shook her head. It wasn't like she hadn't been kissed before. But that wasn't even a comforting thought when she realized that whatever experience she had, wouldn't help. Even if Lisa decided to do anything with her, nothing would stop her from taking what she wanted from her or anyone else.

"Uh, sweetie, the door usually opens if you use your hand and push it open." Jennie's head snapped away from the door as soon as she heard her mother's voice. Looking around wildly, she came face to face with Jennifer Kim, who was watching her only child in amusement.

"Oh. Uh, hi Mom," Jennie greeted, feeling flustered and awkward even as Jennifer walked up the stairs and pressed a warm kiss to her forehead, before reaching behind her daughter and opening the front door.

"Hi honey, after you." Jennie grinned at her mother and walked in the door. Automatically, she headed towards the kitchen, knowing her mother would want coffee as Jennie told her about her day.

Hearing her mother pad along after, Jennie the coffee machine that had been their latest splurge and got out two mugs. Concentrating on making the coffee, Jennie absently accepted the cookie her mother had offered her and placed it in as she set aside the first cup of coffee, making the next one. She had to bite the cookie when it almost fell out of her lips.

Adding sugar to her own coffee, Jennie turned back to face her mother and handed her, her own cup of coffee. Jennifer accepted it and rested her hip on the side of the bench, studying her eighteen-year-old daughter who was absently stirring her coffee and looking out the window. Sipping the coffee, Jennifer waited patiently while Jennie tried to think of how to phrase her next words.

"Mom?" Jennie looked at her mother as Jennifer continued sipping her coffee, taking it as a signal to continue Jennie took a deep breath. "Did you ever meet someone you couldn't figure out?" She asked and Jennifer raised her eyebrows at the concentrated look on Jennie's face.

"No. You know how I am sweetie, I figure everyone out within three minutes of knowing them," Jennifer said, her smile exactly the same as her daughters as Jennie narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, sure, you wouldn't have Lisa figured out," Jennie muttered and winced when Jennifer's eyes widened in delight at the sound of a girls’ name leaving her daughter's lips. It was rare that Jennie ever mentioned anyone from school, even rarer when it was another person she’s mentioning about using that tone.

"Who's Lisa? A friend of yours?" She asked and Jennie shrugged uncomfortably, not sure what to tell her mother about Lisa.

"No…just a girl at school," she muttered sipping her coffee as Jennifer waited for something more.

"Just a girl from school who…" She prompted and Jennie rolled her eyes at her mother's eagerness. She knows something happened between her daughter and the girl named ‘Lisa’. As Jennie’s mother, she already knows how to distinguish Jennie’s friends and those who she considers as not but on a different category just by her use of tone.

"Who is just a girl from school." Jennifer sent her daughter a disbelieving look and Jennie crumbled. "Fine, she's a girl I met on my first day, who's…" She trailed off not entirely sure how to end her sentence, while her mother watched her curiously.

"Is she cute? Or hot, or whatever you call your crush these days?" Jennifer asked and ignored the look of disgust on Jennie's face. "Well?" She said impatiently and Jennie's mind drifted to Lisa.

Yes, she was hot, with those beautiful coffee-colored eyes, the strong, defined features of her face almost looking like a living doll, the long dirty blonde hair that always looked like she had just gotten out of bed and the lean muscles she has behind those strong long and petite body that you had to be blind not to see.

"She is," she admitted quietly and Jennifer raised her eyebrows at the look on her daughters face.

"And she's taken an interest in you?" her mother probed a bit more and Jennie shrugged, not entirely sure how to answer the question.

"If you call it an interest, but unfortunately no. Ugh! She's so hard to read Mom. She's always in complete control. I've known her for two weeks and I've never seen her lose control of anything. You don't know what she's thinking. She's got these eyes and they never let in on what she's thinking or her emotions, unless she wants you to see them. And she's got this, I don't know, quality that draws things out of people, things they've never told anyone before," Jennie dramatically ranted, mumbling the last part quietly as her mother, Jennifer arched an eyebrow at the words.

"And what have you told this Lisa?" she curiously asked and Jennie looked at her coffee, before sipping it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter