Ch. 7 - Ready

She's My Dangerous Fascination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

"READY"

 

⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭«»⸭

 

She'd screwed up.

For the first time ever, she'd screwed up and it wasn't sitting well with her. She hadn't meant to kiss her, especially in the middle of the park where anyone could have seen.

But that wasn't what was getting her, what was getting to her was the fact that she had lost control over what she was doing just because of what she'd said and the way she'd said it. She'd perfectly understood and she'd lost control because of that.

She'd screwed up by letting what she'd said get to her and acting on an impulse that had intensified into a need that she wasn't used to as soon as her lips had touched hers.

A need that told her to find the cat-eyed girls’ weak points and exploit them, a need that told her to touch her in places Lisa was sure no-one had ever touched before. A need she'd squashed ruthlessly as soon as her hand had touched her side.

It had all been so out of her control, the impulse to kiss her, the need that had surged as soon her lips had found hers, so out of control that she'd become furious. The temper that had always been in her control, breaking free as she'd pulled away and she'd looked up at her in that split second before fear had taken over her system, a look in her eyes that told Lisa what she had just done meant something to her.

As soon as she'd seen it, anger had taken the full rein and she'd told her to leave, to get out before she did something she would really regret. Jennie hadn't understood and she'd been grateful for it. She knew that what she had wanted to do to her in the park, would have taken over completely if she had responded to the urge to kiss her again and the brunette knew that whatever she thought, there was no way in hell that she was ready for what she wanted from her.

Getting out of her car, Lisa shouldered her sports bag, slammed the door shut and locked the car. Shoving the keys into her pocket carelessly, she didn't even glance at the people who shouted out good luck as she walked towards the front doors of Seoul High.

For a moment, she paused and her eyes flicked over the students milling around the front doors, most dressed in red and white and many chattering excitedly about the first game of the basketball season. The start of the season that would probably dictate what her future’s gonna be.

Shaking the thought away from her head, Lisa shoved her hands into the pocket of her black tracksuit and began to walk up the concrete stairs that led into the school’s entrance. Walking in, Lisa immediately saw her teammates. The black home tracksuit they all had to wear stood out from the rest of the school and instantly made them the celebrities of the school that focused so much attention on sports like basketball.

Dodging a few students, Lisa ignored the way some students ducked out of her way as she walked down the hallway. She thought it was a smart move to avoid her, she'd already had several outbreaks of barely controlled temper that had left some people trembling during the week and Lisa figured that another one would see the entire student body avoiding her like the plague.

Reaching her locker, she pulled it open for show and stood there watching as people chattered excitedly about the first game of the season and who was going to win.

"Game Day!!" Lisa barely moved at Wendy's loud, excited yell. Instead, a genuine grin spread across her face as she slapped hands with her over-excited friend and teammate.

"Game Day. You ready for it?" Lisa asked and Wendy looked at Lisa like she was insane.

"Ready for it? I've been praying this day will come all summer!" Wendy replied and Lisa merely raised her eyebrows at how enthusiastic her friend was at the prospect of playing forty minutes of a long, hard game.

"Wends, you waste all your energy now and you won't have anything left for the game," Lisa said with a chuckle of amusement. Wendy smirk and was already opening to respond when she saw her friend's eyes darken.

Glancing up the hall, Wendy's eyes narrowed as she caught sight of Jennie who glanced up at Lisa. Curiously, Wendy watched as the nerd girl bit her lip before looking away from Lisa and turning her attention to the girl beside her who had missed the way her friend's eyes had strayed to Lisa and the flash that Wendy interpreted as a mix of hurt and fear that went through her eyes.

Looking back at Lisa, Wendy noted the taut muscle in her jaw and glancing back at Jennie again, pieced two and two together.

"What happened?" Lisa glanced at Wendy as soon as the question left . Her coffee-colored eyes were dark and hard and Lisa knew if it had been anyone other than Wendy, they would have immediately made a stumbled apology about the question or bolted.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Lisa ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter