Chapter 8: Assertive Bachelorette

The Stray Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyeon-unnie, you totally look like you're about to worship the monitor." Minjoo giggled at the girl in front of her.

Chaeyeon has been staring at the screen, completely mesmerized with agape, eyes twinkling in pure fascination as her right hand intertwined with her lover's. A second later,  finally closed shut but is replaced by a goofy smile with the doctor's words.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, Sakura-unnie, it seems like you'll have a baby girl." Minjoo smiled at them excitedly then proceeded to let the probe in her hand slide around Sakura's now big baby bump, showing more about how their child has been doing so far and how she looks like.

As the young doctor's explanation lengthened and became more specific, the new couple started getting more and more proud. Their unborn daughter, as expected, is completely healthy after they followed everything Minjoo had advised. Chaeyeon couldn't help but kiss Sakura's forehead in bliss. The older girl has finally entered her final trimester and is nearing her due date. Although they could know the baby's gender ever since her fourteenth week, they decided to find out later for no apparent reason.

"Should we throw a party?"

"What do you mean party?" Sakura flicked the younger girl's forehead while laughing.

"Ow! Hey! Baby, look! Your mom is bullying me." Chaeyeon pouted and talked to their daughter while rubbing the pain off her forehead. This interaction between them has been more frequent after the older girl's mood swings finally became rare.

"I'm fine without a baby shower. Everyone is busy."

"Pretty sure they're willing to free their schedule for our future daughter."

"It's okay. I don't want to disturb them. I'll be giving birth in less than two months. Let's just wait a bit." The older girl smiled at her in defeat.

Chaeyeon grinned while humming then kissed Sakura's hand. "Sorry, I'm just so excited to see her."

"I know. You're not the only one who's excited. I really wanna see her soon but she has to wait for a few more weeks to be healthier." 

"Yeah. That's the most important part. Both of you have to be healthy." The younger girl chortled and leaned their foreheads together.

"We'll be okay. We have a good doctor, right, Minjoo?"

"Of course, unnie! I've been doing my best to make sure Sakura-unnie and your baby are healthy! She's also going to be my niece, you know!" The doctor, who just finished wiping off the ultrasound gel on Sakura's tummy, gave them a thumbs up.

"Ah, right. Unnie, how's your blood sugar level?" Minjoo looked at her while smiling brightly.

"It's been good lately. Not too high, not too low. I've also been drinking the teas you recommended to me."

"Glad you're doing a great job managing that. Well, if not, you won't be delivering your baby normally. We'll have to c-sec you if she grows too big." Minjoo smiled sheepishly at them.

Both Chaeyeon and Sakura rejected the idea of caesarian delivery so Minjoo had warned them beforehand to be prepared for the normal delivery. The pregnant woman has stopped eating too much sweets the moment she found out that the doctor might end up cutting her stomach open if her baby's size gets bigger than expected. She also had Chaeyeon monitor her food intake to which her lover gladly did.

"I'll do my best to maintain it. I'm really not a fan of cutting my stomach open." Sakura pouted and sulked but immediately beamed when she remembered her brilliant idea. "Oh, you know, guys. I'm kinda planning to give birth on the same day as Yujin's birthday."

"What?" Chaeyeon frowned.

"So we can celebrate their birthdays together Yena and Yuri too! A double party!"

"Oh... that sounds nice."

"Right?!"

"But hey, don't push yourself too much, okay?"

"Ah! She just kicked!" The three of them shrieked in happiness. They were pretty sure their cheeks are already close to getting ripped from too much smiling. It's not like it was the first time the baby kicked inside Sakura's womb. Rather, she always kicks around energetically but their baby was behaving the entire time during the check-up... well except when she heard what her Mommy Chaeyeon had said.

"Look, even our baby girl agrees."

"Yes, ma'am." Sakura jokingly puffed her cheeks but she couldn't stop a giggle from coming out of . "It's going to be fun to have two babies with the same birthday though, especially when the other is your best friends' baby, right?"

"Well, you're not wrong." Chaeyeon chuckled.

"Then it's decided!"

Minjoo looked at the hyper couple with an apologetic smile. "Uhm, Chaeyeon-unnie, Sakura-unnie. We can't really be sure since it will depend on Sakura-unnie's effacement and dilation. In the upcoming weeks, we don't know when will your baby want to come out so I recommend you to get admitted to the hospital before the last day of August. Counting the days since you became pregnant, I think if you still don't give birth on the first day of September of the morning, we will be assisting you so you can deliver the baby successfully. If she stays any longer, she'll grow bigger and we'll have no choice but to resort to c-sec. It's the best and my recommended option."

The soon-to-be parents nodded while smiling proudly.

 

--

 

"Hey." Chaeyeon tapped Sakura's shoulder then made her way to sit beside her on her office couch. 

Seeing her lover's face after hours of waiting for her to finish an errand, Sakura smiled at her sweetly. 

"Oh, hey."

"Have you eaten yet? Sorry, it took me quite a while"

"It's fine. Nako has been checking on me every five minutes. I had some tea and sugar-free cookies."

Chaeyeon hummed then let their fingers interlock, bringing the back of the older girl's hand to her lips to kiss it. "Do you want to eat out tonight? Whatever you're craving right now, let's go for it."

"Can we eat some cake? Oh, and I really want to eat fruits."

"Hmm? No proper meal?" The younger girl frowned which made Sakura giggle.

"Okay, maybe some risotto for dinner?"

"Italian restaurant, it is then!" Chaeyeon beamed then crouched down while g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter