Chapter 4: Cousins

The Stray Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi was staring at Sakura who was using Chaeyeon's lap as a pillow while lying down on the big sofa. She even noticed the girl's eyes flutter to a close as a cheshire grin appeared on her beautiful face when Chaeyeon started running her hands through her short hair gently while the latter was chatting with Yena and Yuri.

Wow. She's like a cat.

"A penny for your thoughts, Hiichan?"

Chaewon nudged her side while smirking. "Anything interesting?"

"...nothing in particular. I just thought Sakura-unnie resembles a cat."

"Oooh. A cat? We've already got a duck and a hamster. Now, even a cat?" She giggled.

"Did you just forget to include your fiancee?"

"Oh right, she's my frog." Chaewon grinned at her own words. She also started playing with Minjoo's hair while the girl was just soundly sleeping on her lap. It seems like the doctor has been busy at the hospital lately so she hasn't gotten enough sleep but still pushed herself to come to their small gathering.

"Hiichan! Look at Yujin! She's so cute!" A loud voice that came out of nowhere cut their conversation short. It was Nako carrying baby Yujin who was busy biting on her teether.

Hitomi couldn't help but smile at her hyper girlfriend. "Want to have one soon too?"

Nako's face turned beet red from embarrassment. Chaewon, on the other hand, whistled at them before letting out an airy chuckle. "You two should just marry."

"Who's gonna get married after my sister?" Eunbi chimed in making Hitomi smile while Chaewon snickered.

"I just asked Nako if she wants to have a baby soon as well, unnie."

"We already talked about this, Hiichan." Nako puffed her reddish cheeks.

"Okay, okay. Next year just as we promised."

"What promise?" Chaewon intervened.

"Nako promised me that she'll be ready to marry me by next year!" Hitomi wore a victorious smile, her hands forming peace signs. Everyone who heard her started clapping, their mouths forming an "o" from amusement but Eunbi frowned and started pouting.

"How nice. You guys sure are having a good love life."

Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Maybe if you give time for love and stop dating with your paperwork and board meetings, you'll finally stop being single."

"It's not like I love working that much. It's partly out of responsibility that those geezers passed to me." The oldest sighed before heading towards Nako and Yujin to play with them. "I bet Hyewon has a lover too. I'm the only single person here."

The girl mentioned, who was still silently munching some pizza on the side while playing a game on her phone, heard everything she said so she nonchalantly muttered a retort. "I'm single too though. Is there anything bad about that? At least I don't get headaches from stupid arguments and I don't have any commitment."

Eunbi froze.

Even though she's that gorgeous? Is it so she can flirt with girls just like earlier?

She shook her head from her trance then took the baby from the petite girl in front of her to busy herself when Yujin suddenly let out a squeal and adorable giggle. Eunbi, Hitomi, Nako, and even Chaewon ended up busying themselves, trying to coo the irresistible baby in front of them. She's just full of charms that they almost cried.

"Oh wow. You're still not done eating? Despite being a model, you sure have an appetite." Yena approached and tapped the silent Hyewon's shoulder.

She was finally done blabbering with her best friend about some tips for pregnant women and how to deal with them since she just went through the same thing half a year ago. Although Yuri stayed with Chaeyeon because she ended up talking more about the kids she oh so love that she became a pediatrician, Yena left them while still reminiscing her fun sufferings just to please her wife back then, who was carrying Yujin in her womb. Those happenings are still as clear as day. The vivid memories of Yuri snapping at her for not buying sausages (since she doesn't want her to eat processed meat) that she's craving for, even the time when she was woken up by her at two in the morning just to buy some chicken drumsticks. She heard from Chaeyeon that Sakura also kept on asking for them so Yena ended up wondering what's with the combination of chicken drumsticks and pregnant women.

"Glad you're finally finished chatting with Chaeyeon after more than two hours?" Hyewon smirked.

"Well, I figured I already gave her enough tips and she still has Yuri who knows more about pregnant people." Yena shrugged then sat beside Hyewon. "What are you playing?"

"Just a boring rhythm game. I wish they had something like PS4 here so I can play good games."

"Wait a minute. You love games too?!"

"You too?"

"Hell yeah! Oh, Chaeyeon is keeping a PS4 here somewhere since I usually drag her and Eunbi to play as well and so, she decided to buy one for us when we come here!"

"Seriously?" A never seen before smile spread on Hyewon's face. "I never thought she has one because Sakura isn't even playing right now."

"She's a gamer?" Yena tilted her head in curiosity, her beak showing.

"An addict to be exact. She loves games way more than I do so it's surprising not to see her playing right now." 

Both Hyewon and Yena's line of sights fell on Sakura. The girl had practically buried her face on Chaeyeon's stomach while hugging her waist, the latter still left unbothered by her action.

"I never knew Chaeyeon kept a cat." Yena laughed. "Anyway, not playing games probably has something to do with her pregnancy."

"Really? I still remember her saying she'll die if she doesn't play a game within one d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter