Chapter 7: Sakura and Hyewon

The Stray Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nako-chan?" A peach-haired girl with round pinkish cheeks let her head poke out from the door. "You okay there?"

To her voice, the petite girl who has been pacing back and forth in her office halted her steps. "Hiichan! Wait, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to visit you before I head to the bakery. I bought you your favorite monstrosity— I mean your favorite ice cream and some bread. It's the new recipe I came up with." Hitomi smiled at her girlfriend.

"My pastry chef sure is such a sweetheart." A teary-eyed Nako immediately scrambled on her feet towards her then hugged her tightly.

"N-Nako-chan, th-that's t-too much f-force." The fluffy-cheeked girl tapped Nako's shoulder furiously, her face now red from not being able to breathe.

"Oops, sorry. I was just overwhelmed since I've been thinking about how my impending death is getting even nearer."

Hitomi frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Well... you see..." The shorter girl scratched her cheek.

"Hmm?"

"I just clowned Chaeyeon the other day and made a reservation for the hotel they'll be staying in..."

"I don't see the clownery there."

"...under the name of Mrs. Lee Chaeyeon and Mrs. Lee Sakura."

"Pardon?"

"I told Miss Saito that Chaeyeon was secretly married to a Japanese girl." Nako bit her lip.

"What... did you really..."

"Yeah. I think I overdid it?"

"...the words will travel fast."

"..."

"..."

"It doesn't end with that..."

Hitomi looked at her lover with a blank expression. "Uh-huh."

"I had to cut their vacation short because of an emergency I wasn't able to stop."

"..."

"..."

"Don't worry. I'll stay here to see your final moments, babe." Hitomi gave the shorter girl a gentle pat on the head while smiling sweetly at her.

Nako slapped her hand away from her head and puffed her cheeks. "Hey! Shouldn't you be helping me?!"

"But it's your fault."

"That—"

The phone on Nako's desk rang loudly, cutting her off. She screamed internally as she saw the name of the caller and was about to faint when Hitomi grabbed it from her to answer the phone herself.

"Chaeyeon-unnie?"

[Oh, Hiichan. Where's Nako?]

"Ah. She's just hiding behind me while trying to listen to the call. What's wrong?"

At Hitomi's casual voice, Nako shot her a look of disbelief as if she has been betrayed by the only person she could trust with her life.

I hate you!

The shorter girl mouthed to her before glaring.

[Tell her we're on our way to the office right now. Saku-chan just wouldn't let go of me so I decided to let her come with me. She'll stay in my private room to rest while accompanied by Nako.]

"I see. The said person is currently in a state of shock and fear." She told a half-lie. More than the shock and fear of Chaeyeon's possible punishment, Nako was angry at Hitomi at the moment... and so is she. "I'll calm her down in a bit, unnie."

The taller giggled while looking at her girlfriend's lips, a rare smirk slyly painted on her cute face. Upon seeing this, Nako felt chills run down her spine.

Uh-oh.

[I see. Thank you, Hiichan. Ah, before I forget, please inform her to wait for me in my office with Sakura after the emergency meeting since I'll be heading to the board as soon as I drop Sakura to my office.]

"Consider it done, unnie. Please take care on your way here."

[Thanks. See you in a bit.]

"See you."

As soon as Chaeyeon ended the call, Hitomi turned to Nako with a sweet smile.

"You just said you hate me, right?"

"I-I did... what of it?" The stuttering Nako puffed her chest with confidence. She knew the usual silent Hitomi doesn't like it when Nako says she hates her but she did everything to muster the courage to confront her... although that brittle wall she created called bravery was instantly taken down by Hitomi's next words like a hot knife through butter.

"Knowing Chaeyeon-unnie's chauffer, it'll take almost an hour to get here especially since Kkura-unnie is with them... so let's see how long you can handle not screaming my name and your love for me in a minute. Shall we, Miss Yabuki Nako?"

"D-don't you think it's i-improper to..."

"What's improper?" Hitomi was smiling innocently. "I already locked the door. Chaeyeon-unnie made your office soundproof as far as I can remember."

Gods... help me...

Nako screamed internally before Hitomi inched closer to kiss her aggressively.

 

--

 

"Seems like Hiichan did a great job calming you down. Look at you look so... out of life." Sakura snickered at the sight of the short girl who is already close to being a zombie, some love marks visible below her jawline and on her neck. Her skin, however, was looking radiant in contrast to her facial expression which made Sakura even more amused.

"Wow, thanks for the compliment." The girl collapsed on the sofa, dying.

Nako's lover, Hitomi (who was close to literally glowing), just left a minute after they arrived citing that she has to go to work but it took an hour to calm Nako so she can't stay any longer or else she's going to be tardier than she already is. Chaeyeon, on the other hand, instantly disappeared after sending her to her office so she's currently lying down on the bed inside the younger girl's private room. It honestly felt homey despite Chaeyeon not using it for two months. She's been sleeping with Sakura ever since they met and has been working at home so it was surprising to see the room look as if someone's living there everyday.

"Nako-chan, I think you should sleep."

"I can't. I'll get killed by my boss." Nako shivered at the thought of a smiling Chaeyeon holding a knife.

"I actually already asked Kang-chan to come here since I know you'll be exhausted once we arrive."

"H-how?"

"Chaeyeon and I were sharing AirPods that time so... we knew based on Hitomi's tone." The older girl grinned making the younger bury her face in her hands.

"I'm sorry." Nako scratched her nape, awkwardly smiling at Sakura. "I-is it really fine if I sleep for a bit?"

"It's fine. You're clearly exhausted. She'll be here in a minute so come here and sleep." Tapping the place beside her, Sakura smiled at Nak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter