Chapter 2: Entering Her Second Trimester

The Stray Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyeon... Chaeyeooon... Lee Chaeyeooon!!! LEE CHAEYEON!!"

"Oh, Sakura. What's wrong?" Chaeyeon stretched out her arms and stifled a yawn before rubbing her eyes groggily. The first thing she saw was Sakura hugging her arm while facing her. She then glanced at the analog clock on her wall.

3:46 am

"I really want to eat some bananas and chocolates." Sakura shook Chaeyeon's arm while pouting.

"We don't have bananas anymore?"

Sakura hummed, brows furrowed and lips still protruding. "I think I ate all of them last night."

"Okay, okay. I'll go buy some, okay? Wait for me here." Chaeyeon chuckled and ruffled Sakura's hair before standing up from her bed.

"Hey, even though you're taller than me, I'm still older than you. You're treating me like a kid." She puffed her cheeks but it only made Chaeyeon laugh further.

It's been four weeks since Sakura stayed in her home so she had learned a lot about her and became so fond of her. It's also been three weeks since Sakura started becoming awfully clingy to her, sometimes pinching her cheeks and nose. There were even times when Sakura goes to her office just to squish her face then leave while giggling. She remembered the first time she brought her in the office, all her employees' eyes were stuck on the girl. Chaeyeon can't deny it but even she was surprised at how much Sakura bloomed just two days after their meeting. Her doe eyes free from worry, her chapped lips nowhere to be found as it was back to its healthy glory, her newly cut short hair now complimenting her small face. She was finally smiling brightly and that of course, simply attracted everyone's attention.

There were little accidents happening here and there due to her workers being distracted so Chaeyeon decided to just bring her work to the office with Nako's help to accompany the needy Sakura. Her secretary, Nako, upon hearing the circumstances, couldn't stop laughing and jumping around, saying that Chaeyeon's going to be a mother soon then immediately informed their circle of friends. The rest of the happenings just gave Chaeyeon a headache.

"Why are you sighing?" Sakura's sad voice snapped Chaeyeon back to reality. "Is it because of me?"

"No, no, no. I was just remembering how my friends bombarded me with questions when they found out about you."

"Oh, last, last week? Your friends are so interesting though." Sakura chuckled.

"I'm glad you found them interesting. You can meet them again if you want." The girl grinned at Chaeyeon words.

"Really?? Then can you call them over today?"

"T-today? How about tomorrow? You have to rest for now. You were quite active yesterday."

"Chaeyeon~ Please~"

"Sakura, please rest today. Just today. Tomorrow we'll go and have fun, okay?"

"Boo... also, didn't I tell you to call me Kkura or Saku-chan?" Chaeyeon couldn't help but scratch her blushing cheek.

"Fine. I'll go buy your bananas now, Saku-chan."

"Can I go with you?"

"But it's only four in the morning."

"Please?"

Chaeyeon tried to avoid looking at Sakura's pleading eyes but ultimately failed. As they locked eyes, she was the first one to break their staring contest before groaning.

I'm too soft to her.

She sighed.

"Fine. We'll go buy whatever you want to."

"Yes!"

The taller girl exhaled through her nose while smiling at the pregnant woman who looks extremely happy at the moment.

 

--

 

"Saku-chan! Didn't I tell you to wear your coat? It's cold in the morning. The baby might feel cold too." 

Chaeyeon jogged towards Sakura and wrapped the girl with the coat she forgot in the car as she excitedly left at the sight of the 24/7 convenience store in front of her, eyes twinkling like a child.

"Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon! I want to eat lots of chocolates!"

"Yes, yes. Please calm down. You're too excited." She giggled then grabbed Sakura's hand as she was hyperventilating already.

Sakura has started becoming open to her cravings after holding it in for a week since their meeting. She claimed that she was too embarrassed to ask for more since Chaeyeon already let her live with her but Chaeyeon successfully persuaded Sakura into being more honest to her needs so seeing how the girl can now easily tell her these things, it simply made Chaeyeon happy.

They quietly entered the store and was welcomed by a girl who was boredly playing with her mobile phone behind the counter.

"You can take anything you want except for the things that are not allowed for the baby, okay?"

"Okay!"

Sakura immediately scurried while dragging Chaeyeon towards the aisle with chocolates and grabbed all the chocolates she could then put it inside the basket the younger girl is holding. 

Chaeyeon could only shake her head. Living with a pregnant woman for almost four weeks made her realize a lot of things.

First, never go against their wishes or they will snap or cry with all their might. Their mood swings are no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter