Chapter 11: A Vow

The Stray Cat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura weakly opened her heavy eyelids when she felt Baby Wonyoung shuffling beside her. The corners of her lips tugged upwards. Chaeyeon was fighting off her sleepiness while instinctively caressing the swaddled Wonyoung, seemingly unaware that her lover woke up from her sleep.

She realized Hitomi's absence. Their friend who helped them a lot tonight probably left after Chaeyeon insisted that she has to attend Yujin's birthday party. It was quite saddening that they couldn't celebrate with them but she hoped her friends are having fun.

The older girl stared at her new family affectionately.

Almost a whole day has passed since she gave birth to an angel. She still felt slightly exhausted and drained but seeing the two most important people in her life surely gave her strength. She felt the comfortable warmth spreading inside her as if her heart grew so big and full at the rewarding sight. Sakura felt extremely happy, happiest she's ever been in her entire existence, so much that it was beyond mere words to describe what she truly is feeling. She wiped the tears that started streaming down her cheeks. She began to wonder if she actually saved not just the world but the whole universe in her past life to experience such bliss.

No matter what happens, I will never leave you two. I'll always protect you, my angels.

She gingerly grabbed her phone on the table beside the hospital bed, thankful that she was able to reach it although her wound did hurt from the movement. Sakura then secretly took pictures of her now sleeping lover and their daughter before finally pressing the record button, opting the device to start recording a video of the heartwarming moment. She placed her phone on the table to let everything be visible.

"Chaeyeon." She softly called her with a smile.

The younger girl frowned in her sleep, eyebrows meeting in the middle in protest. Sakura giggled. As much as she wants to let her girlfriend sleep more, she can't just ignore the fact that Wonyoung's blanket is getting undone so they will need to wrap her up again. 

"Chaeyeon?" The older girl lightly tapped Chaeyeon's forearm.

"Baby? Wake up."

"Love?"

"Babe?" Sakura couldn't help stop smiling at her pouting lover. It seems like the girl is extremely sleep deprived so she reminded herself to call for Hyewon to come back after she successfully wakes up the sleepyhead beside her. She does feel quite guilty that she had to call the girl again when she had just left a few hours ago but the girl did tell her to call for her any time of the day to help them take care of Wonyoung (Hyewon has always been attentive of her because she was her mistress, the person she's dedicated to serve in her whole life, but her service seemed to be even more excessive after Sakura gave birth).

"Chaeyeon, wake up." Sakura caressed Chaeyeon's hand lovingly. "Wife?"

Sakura blushed when she realized what she just unconsciously called Chaeyeon but the other girl started stirring awake.

"Hm? Saku-chan?"

"H-hey, baby. Sorry for disturbing your sleep."

"It's fine. What's wrong?" Chaeyeon, although groggy, smiled at her.

"Wonyoung's swaddle is getting undone. We also need to check her diaper."

The younger girl hummed in affirmation before leaving a kiss on Sakura's forehead. She dumbly stood up and went to the closet, grabbing a new diaper and a blanket for Wonyoung, still unaware of the camera capturing her every movement.

It made Sakura laugh.

"Chaeyeon." She called her attention.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Chaeyeon lazily grinned. "I love you too, my queen."

The Japanese badly wanted to pinch the sleepy Chaeyeon's cute cheeks at the moment but she refrained from doing so. Nevermind doing that, she couldn't even move properly because of her cut. She simply watched her partner carefully wash Wonyoung with clean warm water and change her diaper before applying alcohol on her stump just as they were instructed by Minjoo.

As much as the couple didn't want the infant to cry, the cold feeling that the alcohol gave off made her wail in protest. She immediately folded and wrapped her in a warm blanket like a burrito (what Hyewon mentioned) before Chaeyeon quickly cradled her and walked around the private room instead of rocking her to sleep.

"Don't get the habit of rocking Wonyoung to sleep!"

She remembered how stern Yuri sounded as though she was scolding her when Sakura cluelessly asked about how to rock a baby to sleep. The hamster-looking girl told them over and over again to not rock Wonyoung to sleep in order to avoid her dependence on the motion just to sleep.

"Just walk around if you want to soothe her but no rocking! You're going to suffer in the end if not." 

The young pediatrician strictly said while carrying Yujin in her arms who was just smiling at them, her eyes forming crescents. If they were being honest, it was quite hard for the upcoming parents not to get distracted by the deadly charm of the infant in her arms. Luckily, her words got stuck in their head after the young doctor reprimanded them for being absent-minded (the pair couldn't forget the glint of mischief in Yujin's eyes when they got scolded which was eventually followed by a giggle). Yujin was just an eleven-month-old child that time but she already started walking and is smart enough to understand bits of what they were talking about. They knew that time. Yujin is going to become an incredible child when she grows up, albeit probably mischievous like Yena. She's got incredible parents after all. Sakura smiled at the memory.

She h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter