Yerim-ah

Behind the Curtains

9:20 am

Wendy who was still in the kitchen, enjoying her breakfast. Suddenly, Yeri came out of her room walking slowly, her head was down low. Wendy then approched her,"Oh? Yerim-ah. I thought you were out. Did you had schedule yesterday?" but Yeri kept being silent. Wendy seems worried about the situation so she went beside Yeri. "Yerim-ah, are you okay? Is everything alright?" Then, she heard Yeri started snorting. "Why are you crying? Hey..." Wendy immediately hugged Yeri and comforting her. "Come, let's sit on the couch." 
 

So, they walked to the couch and sat. Wendy still side hugging Yeri and comforted her. "Is it Saeron?" Wendy asked. Yeri lightly nodded. "What are you guys argue about this time?" But Yeri didn't say anything. Wendy sigh. "It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it. Have you eaten?" Yeri shake her head. "Okay, I'll prepare some breakfast for you." Wendy stood up and wanted to walk to the kitchen but immediately stopped when Yeri hold onto her wrist. "I don't wanna eat." Yeri said bluntly.
 

"Yerim-ah, you need to eat. Look, I don't know what problem is with Saeron but you need to take care of yourself first." Wendy tried to calm Yeri down. "What's the point? She left me, unnie." Yeri said with her tears started falling down. Wendy sat down once again, "Yerim-ah..." the only words she can say. 
 

Throwback (4 o'clock in the morning)

*Ring Ring* 

Yeri then picked up the phone, "Hello?". "Hello, sorry for disturbing your sleep. But, we need to talk." Saeron said. "I'm so tired. Maybe we should talk tomorrow-" but immediately cut by Saeron. "No! We need to talk now. I don't wanna wait any longer." Saeron said with a little mad tone. "Alright alright. What is it that you wanna talk about so much at this hour?" Yeri asked in her half-sleepy voice. 

 

"I think we should break up for good." Saeron said with a more calm voice this time. That woke Yeri up,"Wait, what?! You're kidding right?" Yeri tried not believe what she had heard. "I don't think that I sound like I'm playing around at this hour." Saeron said with a serious tone. "No, you must be kidding me. Look, wait. But, why? Did I do something wrong? Why?" Yeri couldn't get her words right and confused.
 

"No, you didn't. It's just that, nowadays it's hard to go out with you and all your reasons were always the same. You're busy and busy and busy. And I don't even know if I worth your time anymore." Saeron explained. "Reasons? Look, those aren't reasons. You know how my schedule is. I AM busy. No, Saeron. Your reasoning of breaking up don't convince me. Please, don't play with me. I'm really tired and don't have time to play this kind of games with you at this hour." Yeri tried not to tremble.

 

"It's up to you, Yerim. I said what I said. I'm not kidding this time. I've made my decision. We need to stop contacting each other and that's that." Yeri's tears started to fall, "You made the decision but what about me? I didn't say anything yet. Why are you making your decisions alone? Am I not a part of this relationship?" Yeri said in a trembling voice. "Yes, you are a part of this relationship and that's why I made the decision. Because if I were to ask for your opinion, there will be no end in this discussion." 
 

Yeri was not having it, "Discussion? You called this as "discussion"? You made the decision alone and you called it as discussion. Huh! Fine, if that's what you really wanted. Then, fine. Suits yourself! Go on with your life. I don't care!" Yeri said trying to sound tough. "Alright then. Thank you for everything." The last words from Saeron and the phone called ended just like that before Yeri even spoke. 
 

Yeri still can't believe what just happened. Her tears started to fall drastically. It was so dark in the room and only the sound of crying were being heard. She cried non-stop until the sun was up and the light filled up her room. 
 

-----------------------------------------------

9:30 am

Yeri told Wendy everything and Wendy was speechless upon the stories. "Yerim-ah... I'm sorry that you had to deal with this alone. Hey, I'm here. Just cry all you want. I'm gonna be here for you." Wendy trying to comfort her. "There ain't no tears anymore, unnie. I- I love her so much, unnie. Wh- why?" Yeri couldn't really let her words out.

 

"There are some things we need to let go for a reason. Sometimes that's the best decisions to make. If it's meant to be then, it will come back to you no matter what." Wendy said. "If it's not?" Yeri asked. "Then, that's just how it is. It's really not meant for you, Yerim-ah." Wendy explained. "Look, you have us and time will heal everything. Take it slow, I know it hurts you but sitting here crying all day long is not gonna make everything alright. There's no wrong about crying but, you need to stay strong for yourself." Wendy continued. Yeri kept being silent.

 

Wendy sighs. "If that's what she wanted then, let her be. But, you! You gotta know your worth too. You are Kim Yeri! You're a member of Red Velvet. The best member of Red Velvet and the strongest maknae that Red Velvet have. You gotta stay strong, you can do this, Yerim!" Wendy giving her best to support and comfort Yeri.
 

Yeri nodded and wiped her tears, "Yes! I'm Kim Yeri! I'm the best maknae and no one is gonna beat me for that!" Yeri said with a little confident. Wendy smiled, "Yes!! That's what I wanna hear. Now, I'll make some breakfast for you. You go wash yourself up, I'll call you when the food is ready, okay?" Wendy patted Yeri and Yeri nodded and went to her room to wash up. 
 

 

I'm sad about Yeri and Saeron :( but then what do you guys think about this chapter? Hehe! Please leave a comment for your thoughts.