First love?

Behind the Curtains

Hello, fellow seekers! I might write stories between the past and the presents. It's like back and forth. So, I thought I might need to inform all of my readers first before you guys get confuse in the future. It will be a mess so, let me apologize in advance hehe~ Also, forgive me for not being able to update much but maybe now I can and may update more for you guys. 

So, enough of me mumbling. Let's get into it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back in time (Irene)

It was just like some other days. Everything seemed pretty decent and casual. Irene who was just sitting in her class, chatting with her friends and waiting for the first period to begin while the teacher hasn't yet to come to the class.

 

Not long after that, Mrs. Kim, their Math's teacher arrived and so the class begun. In the middle of the class session, Irene seemed a bit lost about the calculations so she tried to distract herself a bit and started to wander her eyes around. 

 

She stared and almost spaced out at the window of her class when suddenly she saw this one girl passed by. She thought to herself, "who's that girl?"

 

Then, she startled when her friend nudges her arm, "Yah.. you're gonna get caught again like the last time you know. Focus, Joohyun-ah." her friend said with a lower voice.

 

Thanks to that friend, Irene finally back to fully focused on the class. 

 

Recess Time

"Joohyun-ah, let's go to the cafe! I'm super hungry." her friend said. "You guys can go first. I'll catch up with you guys later." Irene said.

 

"You sure? Okay then." and Irene just nodded.

 

As she sees her friends started to dissapear to the other side. She stood up from her place and started to walk out from the class. She then, wanders to the other side of her classroom.

 

Her eyes seemed to look for something or mayhaps someone in particular. Then, she stood at the class window and saw someone familiar sitting at her place, reading a book. 

 

As she been staring at the girl, she got startled by a guy who stood behind her. "Yah! Tae-Geun ah! You scare the out of me.." 

 

The guy giggled. "Sorry.. What are you doing here? You never wanders to our class. Anything I can help you with?" 

 

Irene seemed hesitant to ask about the new girl. 

 

"Are you okay?" Tae-Geun asked. 

 

"Uhh... I wanted to ask.." 

 

"Yeah.. What is it?"

 

"Uhh.. That girl. Who's that girl? I've never seen her before." 

 

"Oh! Her name is Lee Jooyeon. She's a new transfered student. She seem to be a quiet person. But, maybe she's just adjusting herself to a new environment."

 

"I see." a short replied from Irene.

 

"Why are you asking about her?"

 

"Umm.. Nothing, I was just curious 'cause I never saw her before. You know, uhh-"

 

Tae-Geun smirked. "Are you sure?"

 

"W-what are you smiling at? Yah! I'm gonna go to the cafe now. I'm starving. Bye!" as she started to walk away quickly before her face got redder.

 

At the cafe.

Irene reached at the cafe, looking for her friends, Sohee, as she saw one of her friends waves at her to come over.

 

As Irene sat at the table, Sohee asked. "What took you so long, Joohyun-ah?"

 

"I told you guys I went to the toilet first." 

 

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Aren't you gonna eat or something?"

 

"Nah.. I'm not that hungry."

 

Sohee just nodded.

 

"Oh yeah! I heard there's a new transferred student next door. I forgot her name though.." Sohee said.

 

"Lee Jooyeon." her other friend, Ji Yeon said.

 

"Ah! Yes. Lee Jooyeon. Wait- how do you know?"

 

"I accidently heard your conversation with Jinyoung just now."

 

"Ayee.. Eavesdropping us, huh? I see." Sohee smirked.

 

Ji Yeon just rolled her eyes and continue eating her food. 

 

Irene who seemed spaced out the entire conversation, got snapped out of it by Sohee. 

 

"Yah. Were you listening?"

 

"Huh? What-what were you guys talking about?"

 

"We were talking about the new girl next door."

 

"Oh! Uh.. well. We've got new students every year. There's nothing special about it." Irene said trying to sound uninterested about it.

 

"Well, I was just saying, maybe someday we can be friends with her, you know." Sohee said while shrugging her shoulder as she continue eating her meal.

 

"Maybe we will" Irene thought to herself.

 

Last period of the day ended. 

"Hey, I gotta go first. I have to meet a friend." Sohee informed Irene about it. Irene just nodded as she arranged her things.

 

"See you tomorrow, Joohyun-ah." Ji Yeon said. "See you." Irene replied.

 

As Irene was ready to head out of the classroom. There she is, the new girl walk passed by her class and Irene was just stunt and didn't move. Only her eyes wandered to where the girl was heading to.

 

Then, she tries to follow the girl but stopped by someone who held her shoulder. She was about to lose it as she turned around and saw a pretty good-looking tall guy.

 

"Oh. Jaehyun-ah.. "

 

"Hey, you dropped your book at the hallway." as he handed out the book to Irene.

 

"Oh- thank you." Irene said as her eyes were looking out for the girl who was already disappeared from sight. 

 

"Umm.. Are you looking for something?" Jaehyun asked.

 

"Hmm? N-no no. Oh! Thank you.. for umm.. the book. I need to go home now. See ya-"

 

"I-I can give a ride if you want."

 

"Nah.. It's okay. I can walk home myself. Thanks for the offer!" 

 

"B-but!" Jaehyun tried to stop Irene but she walked away quickly.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I know it's kinda short. I thought I might need to update something on Irene's birthday. What's gonna happen in the next chapter? Stay tune! 

Wish Irene a happy birthday on her instagram. Leave only good comments for her on her special. Our precious, Bae Leader <3 Also, stay safe everyone. Take care!