Chapter 18: Three Musketeers

Double Trouble

A/N:

Hello~ Its your two favorite authors sort of back at it again with a regular update.

We hope that everyone has been doing well, and that you enjoy this chapter!

Until the next time!

-Arya and Hannah

...

..

.

..

...

“No, I’m telling you, she deserved to be voted off.” 

“Oh, come on Baek? Really? When it was obvious that Sunhee gave her all on that stage.” Jongdae fires back. 

Baekhyun just sighs, sending a puff of frozen air from his lips. “Sometimes your all isn’t enough, besides Haesoo had the better vocal control. She’ll go far.” 

Kyungsoo had been listening to his two friends argue over some survival show the pair of them had begun watching sometime or another over the past week. They continue walking down the street, searching for a store Baekhyun saw online and was dying to visit for a while. After a long discussion the trio decided to go together and have a little shopping trip, of course this was more Baekhyun’s idea than anything else.

“Does passion not matter at all?” Jongdae says, shaking his head. Baekhyun looks down at his phone and then scans the area in search of that store.

“Of course it matters, but you don’t just win with passion.” Baekhyun shrugs, his eyes suddenly lighting up and he gestures at a store a few steps ahead. “There it is.”

They quickly walk inside, being greeted instantly by the workers. They are thankful for the warm interior and the friendly faces, greeting them as well. Baekhyun is the first to start looking around, asking questions about what he saw on their webpage. A few jackets catch Kyungsoo’s interest so he walks over to check the sizes and price.

“You should try them on,” Jongdae says standing in front of him as he goes through the shoes.

“You think?” Kyungsoo pulls one out and looks for the price. It’s not what he would usually get but it’s affordable.

“Of course, and you can wear it for your first date with Jongin.” Jongdae smirks at Kyungsoo, elbowing him slightly. Kyungsoo just looks away, he could feel his cheeks warming up a little as he remembers Jongin’s drawing. He takes a deep breath and says nothing as he walks to the dressing room to try the jacket on.

He hasn’t mentioned anything to Jongin.

Anything at all.

Partly because he doesn’t know what to say or how to address this and the other thought came to mindt to not say anything, but a bigger part of him refused to not acknowledge it. He had to at least try and ask Jongin about it. 

Maybe.

The jacket fits well and it is kind of cute, he nods to himself as he stares at his reflection on the full body mirror inside the dressing room. He walks out a while later to find Jongdae and Baekhyun discussing pants in the hall.

“We got you some cute jeans Soo.” Baekhyun says, lifting the item in question. Kyungsoo frowns at the tight looking, dark jeans that his friend is holding.

“Absolutely not.” he shakes his head going back with the jacket over his arm.

“Why not? Just try it on, it will look amazing on you.” Baekhyun follows Kyungsoo through the racks of clothing. 

“You can use it on your date too,” Jongdae chuckles and Baekhyun elbows him. Both receiving a glare from their friend.

“Would you stop saying that?” Kyungsoo turns to the shirt section, going through them but not really looking.

“Why? I mean, I’m pretty sure the next step is to ask him out on a date,” Baekhyun says. “He obviously likes you. Which we already knew.” 

“We don’t know that for sure...” Kyungsoo sighs as he picks out a few shirts that stand out to him. 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Of course, how can he like you? He only drew you as someone soothing,” he scoffs. “Every friend does that.”

“Friends doing friend things.” Jongdae adds, nodding for the extra effect as he finishes looking through a rack of shirts. He laughs when Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at them. “Either way you have to tell him something.” 

“Totally, he’s too sweet to be ghosted.” Baekhyun says.

Kyungsoo looks at them offended. “I would never.” he crosses his arms. 

“Well, then try these jeans on. You have to look cute on your first date.” Baekhyun pushes the piece of clothing against Kyungsoo’s chest. 

Kyungsoo ends up walking out with two bags from that store and he doesn’t even know how it happened. He has to remind himself that shopping with these two is a dangerous move. 

They walk to a different store where Baekhyun insists on buying a pair of shoes that will probably murder his feet, even though he still may look amazing in them. They run through a few more stores, before Jongdae and Kyungsoo decide to pull Baekhyun towards the food court. Of course as they decide what to eat, pizza wins two against one.

Kyungsoo just sighs as Jongdae walks away to get food for them. “I guess I should’ve known.” he shakes his head, pulling out his phone and reading a few messages. 

“I agree,” Baekhyun laughs, if anything was worth pausing the shopping expedition it was definitely pizza.

“Hyung!” they suddenly hear a familiar voice in the distance. 

Baekhyun is the first to spot Sehun who is waving an arm with a smile on his face.“Oh! It’s Sehun.” he says. 

Kyungsoo waves back when he finally sees him. Sehun rushes over, with Chanyeol and Minseok walking behind him.

“Hey! What are you guys doing?” Sehun smiles, glancing at the bags sitting on the table. 

“Shopping as you may see.” Baekhyun chuckles. “We’re just now taking a break.” 

“Is Jongdae with you guys?” Minseok’s eyes scan the area and Kyungsoo and Baekhyun just share a knowing look. 

“He’s getting food for us.” Kyungsoo explains. “Do you want to join us for lunch?” 

Minseok smiles. “That sounds great… we were actually going to stop ourselves when Sehun spotted you all.” 

The three of them take the open seats at the open end of the table, Minseok eventually sending Sehun off to get their food, Jongdae returns with the slices of pizza, his expression surprised as he sees the new additions to their table. 

“Chanyeol,” Jongdae smiles, setting down the plates and drinks before his attention shifts to Minseok. “Minseok…” the smile on his lips turned a bit more bashful.  

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo hide their smiles behind sipping their drinks at the interaction between the two. It was definitely going to be a topic of conversation later after they left the mall.

“I hope you don’t mind, but we’ve joined you for lunch.” Minseok comments as Jongdae takes a seat. 

“Not at all… are the others here too?” Jongdae comments reaching for the pile of napkins. 

“Just Sehun… he’s off getting us food.” Chanyeol replies. “I hope Sehun remembers to bring sauce packets.” 

“If you want them you’ll have to get them yourself, I only have two hands.” Sehun replies, appearing with their three boxes of food from one of the chinese restaurants that was in this mall. 

Needless to say it wasn’t just one of the simple food courts that they had gotten their pizza from. 

Once their food is settled in front of them, they start to eat, chatting enthusiastically. They start discussing gatherings with the rest of the group, classes and how the semester has been for them so far. Minseok asks about Jongdae’s project and how the process is going.

“I’m working on it… probably leaving it to fate soon.” Jongdae shrugs, taking a sip of his soda and leaning back a little in his chair.

“You’ll do great, I’m sure.” Baekhyun says and Kyungsoo nods. 

They have no doubt Jongdae’s design will take their breath away.

“Well I can’t wait to see it then.” Minseok smiles, his eyes on Jongdae exclusively, making the other clear his throat.

Sehun just sighs, turning his attention to the others. “By the way, I’m throwing a party this weekend, so you guys are officially invited.”

“Party? Sounds fun! I’m in,” Baekhyun leans over the table, looking excited.

“You guys throw a party like every month,” Jongdae chuckles.

“This one is different though. This is a young adult only party… I won’t have any old people there like this guy did,” Sehun points at Chanyeol. “or Jun-hyung.”

“Hey!” Chanyeol protests, punching Sehun’s shoulder.

Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh. “Thanks for the invitation Sehun, we’ll be there.”

“The twins will be there too I’m assuming?” Baekhyun questions. He smiles at Kyungsoo when Sehun confirms, getting kicked slightly under the table. Baekhyun just laughs.

“If Kai bothers you hyung I can take back his invitation.” Sehun said this with such seriousness that if it weren’t because it’s Sehun, Kyungsoo would think he wasn’t joking.

“It’s okay… we’re friends.” Kyungsoo smiles. “We have a class together and he gave me a pen.”

Sehun put down his drink. “He gave you a pen?”

Kyungsoo nods.

“What do you mean he gave you a pen ?” he crosses his arms, still staring at Kyungsoo as he nods again.

“Yeah… he gave me one so I could ‘ feel the difference ’ over time.” he shrugs.

“He won’t even let me touch them or borrow them and he just gave you one.” Sehun looks shocked.

Kyungsoo blinks. “Well… he seemed offended by my choice of pen.”

Sehun pulls out his phone, sending a quick text. “Sounds like him.”

“Are you guys going to keep shopping?” Chanyeol asks.

“We might, we usually have to cover Baekhyun’s eyes in order to exit the mall safely.” Jongdae laughs at Baekhyun’s half hearted glare.

Chanyeol smirks, looking at Baekhyun. “Well if you see anything else you like, let me know and I’ll get it for you.”

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, just returning Chanyeol’s stare for a moment. “You must be confusing me with someone else.”

“No, I’m pretty sure I meant you.” Chanyeol frowns, tilting his head to the side.

“No thanks, I can do that myself.”

“Alright, we should go now,” Minseok intervenes, grabbing his stuff. “Sehun has planning to do and I have a few errands to run as well. It was nice having lunch with you guys.”

The group splits up then after finishing up the rest of their meals and saying that they’ll see them next weekend definitely at the party if not sometime during the week while going through campus.  

As they walk into their last store, Baekhyun clears his throat, looking through the shirts. “So… Minseok, huh?”

Jongdae freezes instantly, blinking as he scratches the back of his head. “What about him?”

“Nothing just… couldn’t help to notice how you were glancing at each other.” Baekhyun turns just in time to see Jongdae’s flushed cheeks. 

Kyungsoo chuckles.

“We were not…” Jongdae protests. 

“Yeah, right. I could feel the tension from where I was sitting. Why don’t you just talk to him more? He’s very nice, smart and sensible.” Unlike others in Baekhyun’s opinion.

“Actually…” Jongdae pretends to be looking at a few coats that they were sure he was not going to buy. “We kind of have been texting each other for a while.” His voice is low but they can still hear everything.

“How long is a while Dae?” Kyungsoo walks closer to him.

“Well we texted over the break, and a little before that.” 

“And we’re finding this out just now Kim Jongdae!” Baekhyun nearly yells, getting the attention of a few people near them.

“Do you want a megaphone?” Jongdae shakes his head, looking around to make sure the outburst hadn’t caught any attention from other patrons in the mall. “I just wanted to see if he was really interested before telling anybody.”

Kyungsoo pats Jongdae’s back. “That’s okay.”

Baekhyun shifts his weight from one foot to the other. “And…?”

“And what?”

“Is he really interested?” Baekhyun lets out a breath. Trying to get information from Kyungsoo and Jongdae was like pulling teeth sometimes.  

“Oh… it looks like it,” Jongdae smiles. “But we’re still just talking.”

“That’s it… you two will have cute boyfriends by the time we graduate or else I will change my name.” Baekhyun pulls a shirt off of a rack giving it to Jongdae and then another one for Kyungsoo.

“What about you?” Kyungsoo teases. “Chanyeol seems… nice.”

Baekhyun just glares at him, ignoring the topic completely.

“Although, isn’t my mind amazing?” Baekhyun tries to change the subject smoothly but his friends can tell. “The day I decide to go shopping, we get invited to a party… you’re welcome.” He then walks off to the shoes section, leaving both Kyungsoo and Jongdae to let out a sigh.

They love him anyways.

***

The night of the party Kyungsoo found himself preparing with Baekhyun and Jongdae to leave within the hour. He had to admit that at the moment he would much rather be going to this party than worrying about another deadline that wanted to make him push his head through a wall. 

It had been a while since any of them had a reason to get ready for something like this, it almost felt like they were freshmen again getting ready for their first college party. 

And he couldn’t help at the way that both of his friends seemed excited, Baekhyun checking himself out in the mirror, and Jongdae taking a few pictures of himself as well. 

“You think I should’ve gone with the other pair of jeans?” Baekhyun questions, looking at the pleather pants he had just bought the week prior with a sharp eye. 

Jongdae stops typing on his phone, looking at the device. “You look great in either, Baek… it’ll be fine. Why are you so worried anyways?”

“My future spouse could be in there tonight.” Baekhyun turns from the mirror, light makeup done, and his hair styled back from his face. 

Jongdae laughs slightly shaking his head. “I’m sure he will be… maybe he’ll ask to take you shopping again.” 

Kyungsoo and Jongdae both let out little laughs at the pout their friend gives them. 

“That’s enough from you two.” Baekhyun comes over from his stance in front of the mirror and plops between the two, pulling out his phone and opening the camera. “We’re going to take pictures now.” 

“Baek... “ Kyungsoo starts. 

“No buts, I know if I leave it to you two we’ll have no pictures of tonight, and besides this might be the last time we get to do something like this before we’re no longer students.” 

The pair couldn’t argue with that, allowing Baekhyun to take the selfies and anything else he wanted with them. Once again it hit Kyungsoo how fast time had gone and continues to move, just thinking about it his life and social circle had changed in just a few months. 

The three make sure that they have their final touches and things before waiting for their ride that would be there any moment. Kyungsoo once again noted that Jongdae was primarily fixated on his phone screen. Looking to see him swiping through the various photos he had been taking earlier that night.

“That one…” Kyungsoo points at the most recent photo Jongdae had stopped on. “And tell Minseok-hyung I said hi.” 

Jongdae flushes from his cheeks to his ears, but doesn’t deny anything as he can’t fight the smile coming over his lips, as he slightly bumps Kyungsoo with his shoulder playfully. 

“Our rides here!” Baekhyun announces with a spring in his step, already heading towards the front door. 

Arriving at the Oh residence was pretty simple, and just like the time they had arrived at Chanyeol’s birthday celebration, it was no less lavish despite the less formal setting of the event. This is the first time they ever visit Sehun’s home so they’re slightly lost as they walk in.

What they assume was the living room has been turned into a bar and an improvised dance floor. There’s music playing, loud enough to enjoy and dance but not too loud to have any noise complaints. The trio looks around for any known faces.

“Do you see anybody?” Baekhyun asks. He doesn’t attempt to move in the meantime.

“I’m texting Minseok,” Jongdae replies, sending that text and holding his phone still as he waits for a response.

“Hyung!” they suddenly hear Sehun’s voice, who’s making his way through the party to reach them. Holding a glass up so it doesn’t spill. “You guys made it!”

“Of course,” Kyungsoo smiles. “We were just trying to find any of you guys.”

“Oh we’re hanging out in the back,” He gestures for them to follow him. “You’ve seen the bar. The kitchen is that way for food and snacks and whatever,” Sehun keeps pointing with the same hand he’s holding the glass with. “I don’t think I have to tell you, but the upstairs is closed… and the bathroom is over here.”

They take mental notes of where everything is, watching almost every room be filled with people. Walking into the backyard, they see Junmyeon and Minseok standing around a pool table that’s been brought out. Chanyeol is talking to someone they don’t know and Kai and Jongin are nowhere to be seen yet. They greet the group, soon settling in.

There’s another bar in the backyard. There are just a few lights on, giving the place a more intimate feel, they can still hear the music, but not as loud as it is inside the house. Overall it’s a great spot to hang out. Minseok invites Jongdae to play pool with them and he does join with a smile.

“Well, looks like Dae is going to be busy, so I’ll get us some drinks.” Baekhyun says, chuckling at the scene before standing up and walking to the bar. It doesn’t go unnoticed the way Chanyeol just follows him with his eyes, even though the person he’s with is trying to get his attention. 

Kyungsoo just sighs, shaking his head. 

He’ll learn eventually.

The door to the backyard opens and Kai walks in with another person. He laughs at something they say, looking around, his eyes finally landing on Kyungsoo. A playful grin instantly spreading over his lips. He says something to the other person, who goes back inside and then he turns towards Kyungsoo, approaching him.

He walks over with wide steps. Kai’s wearing a white t-shirt with a leather jacket over it and black pants with belt-like straps over one leg, the buckles silver. He sits next to Kyungsoo, obviously in a good mood.

“Hey!” Kai greets, grin still in place.

Their shoulders are touching slightly and Kyungsoo gets a hint of Kai’s cologne.   

“Hi,” Kyungsoo’s eyebrows shoot up. “Enjoying the party?” 

“I am now. You look really good, Minseok-hyung said they saw you guys at the mall the other day.” Kai leans back a little, but his eyes never leave Kyungsoo’s.

The other nods. “Oh we did, we had lunch together.”

“I won’t miss another shopping trip if that means we’ll run into you,”

Kyungsoo smiles, shaking his head. “Sometimes I wonder if you really think that will work.”

“Can’t blame me for trying.” Kai shrugs.

“For trying what?” Baekhyun joins them with two glasses, handing one to his friend.

“Nothing,” Kyungsoo is quick to respond and just smiles at Baekhyun. “I like this song.” He tries to change the subject but his friend narrows his eyes skeptical.

“Want to dance?” Kai asks.

Kyungsoo blinks, the invitation taking him off guard. “With you?” He takes a sip of his drink. 

“Well… I’m the one asking.” Kai laughs, standing up and offering a hand. 

Kyungsoo stares at it for a moment, snapping out of it when Baekhyun elbows him. “Oh, sure.” he gives Baekhyun his glass and takes the hand Kai is offering.

What could one dance hurt? 

As he’s led to the dance floor he still notices the distinct lack of the other twin. 

“Did Jongin not come?” Kyungsoo asks as they finally reach the dancefloor, some pop song or another playing in the background. 

Kai blinks for a moment. “He should be on his way, he told me I could go without him because he was still getting ready.”

“I see.” 

From there Kyungsoo finds it surprisingly easy to dance with the other man, although he could tell that Kai was far more a natural dancer than he was. He found himself having fun and laughing at some of Kai’s silly dance moves. It was comfortable even. 

Once the song is over, they make their way back to the backyard where Baekhyun was waiting still with his drink in hand and a smile on his face. 

“Well aren’t you two quite the dancers,” Baekhyun gives Kyungsoo his glass once again.

“I’m sure you mean just Kai,” Kyungsoo laughs, he takes another sip of his drink. “I didn’t know you danced so well.” 

“A childhood hobby I guess,” Kai smiles, he’s about to say something else when he’s interrupted by Kyungsoo’s name being called from inside the house, a guy he recognized as Kyungsoo’s partner at Junmyeon’s party.

“Hyung!” Youngmin approached them, a smile from ear to ear. 

Kai raises an eyebrow. 

“Youngmin!” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun exclaimed in unison, waving at him as he got closer.

“Hey! I thought I saw you on the dance floor but I wasn’t sure. It’s nice to see you here.” Youngmin is wearing an all black outfit, his hair carefully brushed back showcasing his handsome face.

“I guess that was me. I didn’t think I would see you here.” Kyungsoo is still smiling. Baekhyun notices how Kai glances between the two.

“A friend of mine knows the host of this party,” Youngmin shrugs. “Do you have energy for another dance with me Hyung?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen a bit, he feels Kai and Baekhyun’s eyes on him, but he refuses to look at either of them. “Uhh… sure, why not.” He hands Baekhyun his glass once again before walking back inside with Youngmin.

Kai watches the scene with a serious face, he sighs noticing that Baekhyun is observing him. “What?”

“Nothing, I just didn’t think this movie would have such twists,” Baekhyun chuckles drinking from his own glass. He would have to get Kyungsoo a new drink if the night kept progressing like this. “Oh! There’s Jonginnie!”

Entering the backyard, Jongin greets everyone as he makes his way over to his brother and Baekhyun. He’s wearing a long sleeve, short turtleneck with light jeans. Wavy hair falling over his forehead. To say he looks different is an understatement.

“Hey guys,” He smiles. Baekhyun can tell he notices Kyungsoo’s absence because his eyes do a quick inspection.

“He’s inside dancing,” Baekhyun hides a smile behind his drink, when Jongin’s cheeks turn a light pink.

“Oh…”

“With that Youngmin guy,” Kai crosses his arms, his voice not as cheerful as it was before.

“Is that bothering you Kai?” Baekhyun questions.

Kai scoffs, standing up. “Of course not,” he leaves, going back inside the house towards the kitchen. Jongin frowns, watching his brother leave.

Jongin clears his throat, sitting next to Baekhyun.“Did something happen?”

Baekhyun simply smiles, shrugging. “Want to go play pool?”

Jongin nods and they head over to the pool table to join the group. A few songs later Kyungsoo is finally joining them, he pats his slightly red face, for once grateful for the cold weather.

“Look who it is!” Baekhyun shouts. “Our dancing machine.”

Kyungsoo punches his arm playfully. “Shut up. After Youngmin, another person asked to dance and I felt bad saying no.”

“Well, looks like our Kyungsoo is in a good mood if he’s accepting dancing requests.” Jongdae stands behind Minseok when Kyungsoo looks at him. He just sighs, deciding to ignore his friends. It is then that Kyungsoo notices Jongin’s presence, his cheeks heating up for a different reason this time.

“Jongin, I didn’t realize you were here already.” Kyungsoo smiles. “You look great.”

Jongin runs a hand through his hair, feeling timid all of a sudden. “Thank you. You look great too, I like your outfit.”

“Oh, thanks. The result of a recent shopping trip.”

“It’s nice, the jeans are… I mean, the outfit is…” Jongin clears his throat, heat rushing to his cheeks in a way that could even be seen under the dim lighting. “Yeah.” He concludes, hearing soft laughs around him, which makes him even more embarrassed.

“I will take credit for half of his outfit,” Baekhyun says, wiggling his eyebrows at Jongin. “Guess which half.”

Jongin takes in Kyungsoo’s outfit once again, he quickly looks away when he gets down to the tight jeans. Baekhyun gives him a mischievous smile, wrapping an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders.

They don’t say anything else about it as they drink, laugh and hang out. Chanyeol does big hand gestures as he tells a story, hitting Junmyeon next to him when he laughs out of pure impulse. Jongdae laughs at Minseok’s jokes which Chanyeol insists are not that funny and both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo get a few more dancing invitations from people they don’t know.

Meanwhile Jongin sits in a corner, just watching Kyungsoo walk back inside the house. He sighs.

“Just ask him to dance,” Jongdae whispers next to him. Jongin’s eyes widen and he quickly shakes his head. “Come on Jongin, I haven’t known you for a long time but I know you want to. Just ask him to dance!” he repeats.

Jongin sighs once again, his brain debating if he should really do it or not. Although the real question was if he had the courage to.

Suddenly there are loud cheers coming from inside the house, a popular pop song playing and the group can only see people jumping and dancing through the glass doors. Somehow the amount of people inside seemed to have multiplied. 

The group moves to see what seems to have everyone so excited. As soon as they reach the dance floor they notice the group of people gathered in a circle, hyping up whoever is dancing in the middle. Jongin sees Kyungsoo standing near the center with Baekhyun, as he tries to make his way towards them he finally notices it’s none other than his brother dancing his heart out.

The song changes to a slower, more sensual beat and even when Jongin isn’t sure there is such a thing as a twin connection, he knows what Kai is thinking when their eyes meet. 

Kai takes off his jacket, giving it to the closest person to him. Jongin sighs when as he thought his brother calls him over, there’s a smirk on his face as usual and Jongin shakes his head, there’s no way he was going to dance in front of all of these people.

Sehun appears out of nowhere, shaking Jongin’s arm. “Come on Jongin!”

The group starts to cheer him on and Jongin lets out another sigh as he walks over. He feels slightly nervous since all eyes are practically on them, but he remembers Kai is there so that makes him feel a little better. They stand next to each other, starting to dance when a smooth voice sings the first verse.

Meanwhile, Jongdae joins Kyungsoo and Baekhyun near where all the action is happening. “What’s going on?”

“If I knew I would tell you. Looks like the dancing gods blessed them with dancing ability and left nothing for the rest of us.” Baekhyun laughs, he can’t even take his eyes off the pair.

Kyungsoo couldn’t agree more, he’s not sure what to focus on. He looks at Kai who radiates pure confidence, he dances with energy, moving his body along with the music. There are a few smirks here and there, like he knows what he’s doing, he knows the effect he has on people and he enjoys it.

There’s a moment where Kai’s eyes catch his and then he’s the receiver of a smirk and a wink. 

Kyungsoo blames the sudden heat to his face on the people around him and not because of Kai’s actions. 

But Kyungsoo does have to admit it is fun to watch. 

Jongin on the other hand, is what surprises Kyungsoo. There’s a totally different feel to him, not as smug as his brother but there is confidence in the way he moves. It’s graceful and in a way different from his brother, even though their styles work well together.

Jongin is focused on the dance moves and aware of his brother next to him. He looked a bit tense at first but as the song went on he appears to be enjoying it.

Baekhyun blinks, elbowing Kyungsoo. “Is that really Jongin?”

Kyungsoo can understand his friend’s confusion. Looks like Jongin, but he feels different. The sweater he’s wearing kind of lifts up with specific moves, revealing tanned skin, not that Kyungsoo was looking. Jongin is even smiling as the song comes to an end, his chest rising and falling heavily due to the effort.

Kai chuckles, ruffling his brother’s hair and turning around to look for his jacket. In the middle of the cheers, Jongin looks for Kyungsoo and smiles when their eyes meet. Kyungsoo can already feel his cheeks heating up when he sees him approaching them and he’s thankful when both Jongdae and Baekhyun start asking him questions and complimenting him. 

Kyungsoo takes the moment to gather his thoughts before he registers that his name is being called, returning his attention to his friends, the soft music setting the atmosphere around them to mostly normal. 

Although just like in the hallway with Kai he can see some people talking and whispering amongst themselves, their eyes traveling over the group. 

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun who had drawn his attention. 

“What did you think, Soo?” Baekhyun repeats, taking a sip out of the plastic cup containing a brightly colored punch. 

It was definitely leagues away from the often muddy mixtures of alcohol of the other parties that they had been to.   

Kyungsoo can see the mischievous twinkle in his eyes and he knows he’s having too much fun with this, Jongdae too had the same edge in his smile. 

Kyungsoo smiles a little looking at the hopeful gaze of Jongin and perhaps the more smug, but still curious gaze of Kai. “You guys were awesome… you were born to dance. Did you take lessons?” 

Jongin smiles then, nodding a little eagerly. “Yeah… it was a hobby of sorts when we were kids.” 

Kai gives him a small smile. “Well maybe we can give you a private lesson sometime.” 

Kyungsoo blinks at the offer not really knowing what to make of it other than another rush of heat coming to his face at the thought, luckily Sehun speaking up saved him from having to try and articulate a response. 

“They had dreams of becoming idols.” Sehun snickers hiding behind his cup as both brothers give him a glare. 

“Well they could certainly play the part.” Jongdae remarks, he slings one arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders as well. “Good looks and talent to boot.” 

Kai just shakes his head. “Thank you, Jongdae. At least someone believes in us.” 

“Anytime.” He takes a sip of his drink. 

The group sort of settles back into their own conversations then, Kai getting whisked away from their group by what could only be assumed as other associates of his. 

“Ask Jongin to dance… he’s been trying to ask you all evening, but keeps backing out.” Jongdae whispers into his ear, momentarily tuning from his conversation with Minseok while he talks with Chanyeol about one thing or another, Baekhyun listening in with a sort of amused smile.

Kyungsoo turned his attention to Jongin, just able to see the other look away from him, recognizing that way the other was messing with the end of his sleeves. A nervous habit of Jongin’s he had learned; he hands his drink off to Jongdae who gives him an encouraging pat on the back. 

“Hey, Jongin… do you want to dance?” Kyungsoo looks up at him, watching the other man’s eyes kinda go wide with shock before he’s nodding enthusiastically. 

“Yeah!” He smiles, and Kyungsoo thinks he can see a hint of a blush across his features. 

“Great, lets go.” 

Kyungsoo offers his hand and allows Jongin to lead him to a free space on the floor. 

“Have you been enjoying yourself? I know sometimes that these types of things can be overwhelming.” Jongin asks next to his ear. 

Kyungsoo nods. “Yeah… it's been nice... definitely nicer than a lot of other college parties that I’ve been to.” 

From then on they fell into the rhythm of dancing to a couple of songs, it was comfortable just like it had been with Kai. 

If there was anything that he had learned tonight, it's that both of the Kim brothers could dance. 

And that both of their hands were extremely warm.

Kyungsoo could only hope he wouldn’t make it awkward by asking Jongin about his drawing.