Chapter 21: First Dates and Raise a Glass to...

Double Trouble

A/N:

Haha, as the last time! please enjoy this double update and we'll see you again soon!

-Arya and Hannah.

...

..

.

..

...

To say that anticipation hadn’t been filling his body since the moment Minseok asked him out on a date had been an understatement, it was both excitement and nervousness that had both kept Jongdae running throughout the week. 

But now that it was friday, and the day was actually here Jongdae could say that there was a calmness running through him as he adjusted the last pieces of his outfits. Tugging, and adjusting imaginary imperfections and lint from the clothing. 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had both sat through his little fashion show as they helped him pick an appropriate outfit, even letting Baekhyun subject him to a little shopping trip. Although he wasn’t completely incompetent on how to place an outfit together, the extra knowledge Baekhyun had was something that he greatly appreciated. 

Focusing back in and checking his phone he could see that it was almost time for Minseok to arrive at any moment, although judging on how the voices elsewhere turned from the familiar ones of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, apparently that time was going to be now. 

“Dae! Your Hot date is here!” Baekhyun calls from the front of the apartment. 

“Coming!” He calls back, trying to ignore the way a blush creeped to his face with how loud his friend could be sometimes. 

Jongdae takes one last moment to take in his outfit, and his makeup, the minimal amount that he had done for the night, pleased with what he saw, he puts on a brief spritz of his cologne before grabbing his wallet, jacket, and phone.

Entering the hallway and eventually seeing Kyungsoo and Baekhyun conversing with Minseok, his date in question so elegantly dressed in simple dress slacks, and a nice button up shirt. His black hair pushed away from his forehead with styling gel, finishing it off was a wrist watch and dress shoes. 

How did someone make something that simple, look that fantastic he would never know. 

“Minseok…” Jongdae smiles. 

Minseok’s attention turns to Jongdae and he smiles, standing. “Jongdae,” His eyes scan over Jongdae’s figure once before returning to his face. “You look amazing.” 

Jongdae responds in kind with a smile. “You too.” 

Baekhyun claps his hands together looking delighted. “Don’t keep him out too late… we want him back by midnight.” 

Minseok gives him a smile. “Yes, sir…” He says playfully. 

With that, Jongdae rushes them out of the door before Baekhyun could say or do anything else, Kyungsoo sending them off with a smile and telling them to have a nice evening. 

Though that doesn’t stop his pair of friends from giving him a wink and a supportive thumbs up before Jongdae completely shuts the door behind them. 

Like everything else Minseok owned, his car was nice, and it looked and smelled like he had just pulled it off of the lot. If his car was like this he could only imagine that Minseok’s living quarters only followed suit, in which case he thought that his own room looked much like a dumpster in comparison.

“All buckled in?” 

Minseok asking the question draws Jongdae from the inspection of the car. “Oh! Right.” He drapes his coat across his lap as he secures the seat belt right as they’re pulling off. Daylight now replaced with the artificial lights of the buildings and the street lamps around them as they passed. 

“So, am I allowed to know where we’re going? Or is it a surprise?” Jongdae questions, breaking through the silence and white noise caused by the radio. 

Minseok smiles, gaze still on the road. “Well I can tell you if you’d like… or it can remain a surprise. It's nowhere super serious I promise.” He turns his head to spare Jongdae the briefest of glances as they slow to take a turn before Jongdae is greeted to the sight of Minseok’s stunning side profile.

“Surprise it is then.” Jongdae smiles, settling back into the self warming seat. 

A little more of his anxiety eased that they wouldn’t be going somewhere where he would have to be conscious about the fact that he didn’t fit in there.

Soon enough their comfortable car ride is over and they pull up to a restaurant, one that Jongdae didn’t recognize but he could definitely tell that it was more upscale than the place he and his friends would frequent. 

“I hope you don’t mind some barbeque? A little more basic I know.” Minseok looks at him as the car shuts off once they’re still. 

Jongdae shakes his head enthusiastically, giving him a smile. “Not at all… it’s been forever since I had any.”

The pair exit the car and it turns out that this place was at least nice enough to require a reservation, and Jongdae could understand why, looking around the place, it seems that everyone was aquitted their own room for grilling, compared to the usually more open places that he was used to. 

The conversation in the restaurant although heard was almost like a soft hum in the distance. Soon the pair of them are guided to their own private little corner of the restaurant as they both flip through the menu. 

“All of this sounds good…” Jongdae flips through it, but looking at the prices he’s trying not to freak out. 

This place was definitely nicer than anywhere he’d ever been on a date, and this was the place that Minseok considered more casual. 

“Get anything you like…” Minseok remarks. 

Jongdae looks up from his menu in surprise, a rebuttal on the end of his tongue. 

“I insist, I asked you out after all.” Minseok gives him a smile, ensuring Jongdae that it was alright. “I was thinking about this set right here.” He turns his own menu over for Jongdae to see. 

“Oh, I was looking at the same one.” Jongdae smiles. 

“We’ll get that one then.” 

Minseok calls back over their server, putting in their order along with a few additional sides, along with their drinks. 

“So, tell me about yourself… obviously you’re lovely and intelligent.” Minseok looks at him, eyes piercing him in a way that Jongdae could imagine one would see in court. 

The intent to win. 

What? 

He honestly didn’t know. 

But maybe Jongdae wanted to find out. 

Jongdae chuckles. “Well besides being a full time stressed out college student, and part time cashier at our school’s bookstore. There are actually other things I enjoy…” Jongdae goes on to describe his love for singing, hopes to do more traveling one day, and the fact that he has a couple of older sisters, who he insists they could see him now would tease the living life out of him. 

Minseok chuckles at the mention of his sisters. “I look forward to meeting them one day.” 

Jongdae blinks and then smiles at the prospect of one day. “What about you? Oh, mysterious lawyer…”  he asks after the first plate of their meat is sat in front of them ready to grill along with their drinks. 

Minseok smiles. “I’m not a complete lawyer yet, I’ve got to pass the bar exam first… but at least I’ve got my internship going for me.” 

“Your father’s firm correct?” 

Minseok nods. “It's not easy, in fact I think that he goes harder on me… on purpose.” 

The first pieces of meat hit the metal of the heated surface with their soft sizzling sounds, the smoke being filtered up from the although seemingly large fan above them was silent. 

“But I’m sure it’ll be more rewarding that way.” Jongdae mentions. 

“Of course… and I wouldn’t have it any other way.” 

“When did you realize that you wanted to follow in your father’s footsteps?” Jongdae leans across the table a little. 

“Ah… well, there was a moment when I was in highschool, I came into the office with him one day. And one of his clients was there to thank him, I could see how he had actually helped these people after their accident, they had almost lost everything basically due to the mismanagement of another.” Minseok flips another piece of meat on the heated surface. 

“Ah, so it's not all rich clients?” 

Minseok shakes his head. “No… and my father did it pro bono. It's why he’d gotten into law in the first place. And I want to carry that legacy on.” 

“That’s nice… I’m glad you like practicing law, instead of like in the dramas where you’re being forced because you’re the only successor.” Jongdae takes another sip of his drink. 

Minseok laughs at that. “That would be something, wouldn’t it? But no, it was never expected of me since my father has other partners in the firm.” He then plates the first round of meat, putting the second on to cook. “That being said, how did you get your interest in architecture? My brain is having too much fun imagining a younger Jongdae with his building blocks.”

Jongdae laughs, his eyes crinkling up and Minseok finds it a lovely sound. “That's not too far from the truth, I always loved building stuff… which later changed into designing buildings and other things. I believe it really clicked for me when I saw this exhibit on architecture during a museum tour, my interest bloomed from there… and here we are.” Jongdae begins filling his plate, his stomach growling at the delicious smell. “Although, I didn’t expect that my career path would lead me to a date with an insanely attractive future lawyer.” 

Minseok smirks then. “Well… I hope you get comfortable with it then.” 

Jongdae blushes a bit at the implication, and places food in his mouth as he tries to make his face cool down. 

The rest of their evening is spent recounting more stories and other facts about each other as the food slowly disappears. Jongdae learns that Minseok was indeed as regimented as he had suspected, the other man also presenting himself to be a bit of a gym rat, and self proclaimed cat lover, even after a cat had basically attacked him as a child for trying to hug it too much.

Minseok had learned that Jongdae on the other hand loved rainy days, had a slight obsession with soda that was a bit worrying, and had a love for reading mostly fiction such as fantasy, something that he had always turned to for comfort as a child, and that he had a fear of snakes from being bitten by a small garden snake. 

By the time dessert comes around Jongdae can say that he’s fully satisfied, sitting slightly back with a satisfied sigh. “That has had to be one of the best things I’ve eaten, and I eat Soo’s food on a daily basis almost.” 

Minseok smiles, obviously pleased. “I’m glad you enjoyed yourself… That being said, my father did mention something about having made the decision.” 

Jongdae blinked, his pleased expression slowly melting, the whole joy of the evening and his excitement had overshadowed what had been stressing him out the rest of the week. From the moment he had received flowers from Minseok earlier in the week. 

The message card was currently hanging up on the corkboard above his desk. 

Seeing his expression change, Minseok sort of panics ready to change the conversation, but then suddenly a bright smile crosses Jongdae’s face, the one that had stolen Minseok’s breath from the moment he had seen it. 

“I got chosen…” Jongdae, leans forward, his dress shirt moving with him as he sits up straight. “My blueprint got chosen.” 

“That’s great, Jongdae! Congratulations!” Minseok is looking over the menu. “Now we must have a dessert to celebrate!” He looks back up at him. “We can split it if you’re feeling almost full.” 

Jongdae smiles, nodding. “That sounds great.” 

“You do the honors.” 

Jongdae looks through the menu, choosing a decadent chocolate cake with a side of vanilla ice cream, which at some point leads to Minseok reaching over and wiping a smudge of ice cream from the corner of his mouth. 

Jongdae really tries to ignore how it makes him feel when he watches Minseok it from his finger. 

But luckily he survives dessert, and makes it back out to the car, Minseok holding the door open for him once again as they drive away from the establishment, the ride is silent and comfortable. And Jongdae finds himself more content than he had been feeling in a long while. Although this time, one of Minseok’s hands rested on his knee slightly instead of on the steering wheel. 

“Well… this is me, and look at that before midnight. The parentals might let me see you again after all.” Jongdae smiles. 

“Of course. I have to keep making a good impression.” Minseok turns in his seat. “This was honestly a great night, thank you for going out with me.” 

Jongdae smiles. “I had a great time too… this was nice, really nice.”  Jongdae didn’t want to really leave the car, but he knew that they both had things to do, so he unbuckled his seat belt. “I’ll talk to you soon?” 

Minseok smirks then, grabbing Jongdae’s hand. “I’ll do you one better.” Jongdae is unprepared for the warmth that shoots through him as Minseok lightly kisses his knuckles, eyes meeting his when he pulls back. “I’ll see you at work.” 

Jongdae can’t hide the blatant blush then. “Right…” Is all he settles for before collecting himself, and exiting the car. “Drive safe.” 

Minseok gives him a smile. “I’ll message you when I get home.” 

“You’ve given me your word now, Kim Minseok. You’ve got to keep it.” He says playfully. 

“Always. Now get inside, it's cold… I’ll stay here until you’re inside.” 

Jongdae nods, turning to head into the building, true to his word, Minseok’s car didn’t pull off until he was sure that he was in the building, and for Jongdae he was trying to figure out how to deal with the new found warmth that was making his heart pound. 

He could definitely get used to this again. 

                                                                                                       ***   

Jongin is nervous.

He sighs for the fifth time in the last ten minutes as he scrolls down the reviews for a known restaurant in the city. Jongin’s leg is bouncing and there’s a frown on his face. Sehun, who’s sitting next to him, just glances at him and shakes his head. He had been like that for the past hour, and it was honestly exhausting.

“Jongin?”

“Hmm?”

“Calm down,” Sehun says. He sets his phone down and stares at Jongin.

Jongin runs a hand through his hair. “Easier said than done. I haven’t been able to calm down since I came back home a few days ago and realized I really asked Soo out.”

“Seriously, chill.” Sehun chuckles. “You know Soo-hyung, he knows you. It’s going to be fine, even if it’s not perfect.”

“But I want him to at least have fun,” Jongin pouts slightly. He’s not convinced by the reviews, so he googles a different place.

Sehun rolls his eyes. “He’ll have fun, you’re worrying too much.”

Jongin takes a deep breath. He pulled out some courage to ask Kyungsoo out, and now he was panicking. He had to remind himself that there was no such thing as a perfect date. All he could do was try his best. He spent the entire week looking for the perfect place, and the perfect outfit, yet here he was still struggling. 

Nothing seems right to him.

Sehun can see Jongin’s brain working inside his head still. He goes back to his phone because he knows there’s nothing he can say to calm Jongin down. “Just be yourself, he’ll appreciate that.”

Of course, he could do that.

He tries to convince himself that it is only natural to be this nervous. He doesn’t date people as often as his brother, so he doesn’t have that much knowledge about what he should do. There were a few google searches that helped him ease his worries, but just like Sehun said, he could only be himself and hope for the best.

The afternoon goes by quickly, Jongin finally finds a place he likes and luckily, they have openings for that night, so he makes a reservation. Then he only has to worry about getting ready, which is where Sehun comes in, helping him pick an outfit. It’s a combination of black pants and a black silk shirt with a dark brown coat. Jongin’s hair is carefully pushed back, with only a few strands falling over his forehead. Sehun takes a step back and smiles at the result.

“Looking good, Kim Jongin.” Sehun says as he pulls out his phone to take a few pictures.

Jongin laughs. “What are you doing?”

“Jun hyung made me promise I would take pictures and send them to him.” Sehun chuckles as he takes a few more from different angles.

“You sound like my mom on my first day of school.” Jongin shakes his head.

“I should send her a few too.” Sehun’s playful smile tells Jongin he would really send his mom the pictures. 

However, he doesn’t have time to worry about that. 

The thought does come to his mind briefly that it's strange not having his brother here in this moment to cheer him on as well. 

“Well, wish me luck.” Jongin is still considerably nervous, but also excited. There’s a bubbly feeling growing inside his stomach that he has no intention to push aside. Not that he could either.

“You don’t need luck, you’ll be fine.” Sehun gives his friend a thumbs up and walks with him towards the garage. “Remember to text me when you get back, if there’s still anything left of you after you melt all over for Soo-hyung.”

Jongin punches Sehun playfully. “Shut up! I won’t forget.”

Jongin wastes no more time, getting inside his car and taking a deep breath as he starts the engine. He plays some music on the way to the dorm to ease his nerves and it somewhat does the trick since he’s not as nervous when he knocks on the door. He’s greeted by Baekhyun, who has a giant smile when he pulls him into the room.

“He’s almost ready.” Baekhyun says, before calling for Kyungsoo and sitting across from Jongin. “You look cute, Jonginnie.”

Jongin smiles. “Thank you.”

“Now, I’m trusting you with my child so take care of him and bring him back before midnight.” Baekhyun gestures at his wristwatch. “I’m rooting for you, but that doesn’t mean you’ll get special treatment.”

Jongin nods. “He’ll be back in time.”

“And I’ll allow one kiss but nothing more.” Baekhyun lifts his index finger.

Jongin blinks, he feels his heart racing at the mere thought of sharing a kiss with Kyungsoo. “Kiss?” His brain is not ready to process anything beyond that yet, his ears are burning and he’s sure his face is red. 

“Baek! Stop teasing him, we actually want him to come back.” Jongdae admonishes with sigh, coming out of the kitchen with a mug in hand, dressed in his cosiest loungewear, and then he looks at Jongin. “Good evening, Jongin…” 

“I’m just messing with you, Jongin.” Baekhyun laughs, amused by Jongin’s reaction.

Jongin smiles at the pair as Jongdae takes a seat beside Baekhyun on the sofa. 

Kyungsoo walks out of the bathroom and gives Baekhyun a look, apparently having heard the conversation. He says something Jongin doesn’t hear because he’s too busy looking at him wide eyed. Kyungsoo is wearing a white turtleneck sweater with navy blue dress pants and a Jacket to go with it over his shoulders.

Jongin has seen him dress up for their parties and events, so he should probably be used to it by now.

However, he wasn’t.

And it didn’t help that he was dressed like this to go out with him. 

On a date. 

An actual date .

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo calls and Jongin finally snaps out of his trance. He blinks and blushes more, making Kyungsoo smile. “Are you ready?”

Jongin nods. “You look really good.” He’s proud he didn’t stumble on his words.

“Thank you. You too look good.” Kyungsoo gives him a warm smile and somehow, the nervousness Jongin had been feeling throughout the week just evaporates. He isn’t surprised, this is technically why he picked Kyungsoo for his drawing project. “Shall we?”

Jongin nods and they leave the room with an excited Baekhyun reminding Jongin about his rules. They head towards Jongin’s car and he opens the door for Kyungsoo, quickly getting inside as well to escape the cold weather for a moment. He starts the car and sets his GPS to the place he had in mind.

“So, where are we going?” Kyungsoo asks, he’s looking at Jongin and the other clears his throat.

“I found a nice place downtown that I think you’ll like.” Jongin replies.

They have a light chat on the way there, only being interrupted by the GPS giving instructions. Jongin finds a good parking spot and they exit the car. The place is exactly what Jongin was expecting. It was fancy enough, but also had a laid-back vibe to it. The kitchen was in the middle of the room with tables carefully placed around it so they not only would eat delicious food but also watch the chefs as they make it.

Jongin notices Kyungsoo taking everything in as they get escorted to their table. The waiter fills their glasses with water and gives them two menus. Kyungsoo is still looking around, obviously interested.

“What do you think of the place so far?” Jongin questions.

“Oh,” Kyungsoo turns to look at Jongin with an apologetic smile. “I like it. I’m sorry, It distracted me.”

Jongin chuckles. “It’s okay. When I saw this online, I thought it was almost like what you did at Jun hyung’s party so I thought it would interest you.”

“Ah well, that’s nice,” Kyungsoo smiles. “Although I should pay attention, I’m on a date here with you after all.”

Jongin’s heart skips a beat.

He successfully hides his blushing face behind his menu, pretending to decide what he wants to eat. Luckily, he did research on the menu beforehand and knew what to order. He glances at Kyungsoo, who’s looking through the menu with a frown.

“Something wrong?”

“I can’t decide what to eat.” Kyungsoo sighs, setting the menu on the table. “There are two dishes that look great.”

“How about you order one and I’ll get the other and we can share.” Jongin suggests, making Kyungsoo’s eyes widen slightly.

“Really? You don’t have to do that.”

Jongin shakes his head. “I don’t mind.” Jongin calls the waiter and they order their food. The place isn’t crowded, despite the great reviews and the fact that it is Friday night. However, in a way that makes Jongin relax even more. They watch the chefs work for a while, going around the kitchen, focused on preparing every dish the best way possible.

“So, this is going to be you when you graduate?” Jongin asks suddenly. Kyungsoo glances at him, taking a sip of his water. He wasn’t expecting the question. He then looks at the crew of chefs working hard.

“Yeah, I like this.” He says. “It doesn’t have to be exactly like this, but I do like the rush of the kitchen and the excitement of having someone eat what I made and enjoy it.”

“Your food is delicious, so I know you’ll succeed.”

Kyungsoo smiles. “Thank you, but it takes more than that,” he shrugs.

The working chefs catch their attention again, and they watch as they smoothly serve food for other tables, until their time arrives, and they see how their food is being served. The waiter places their plates carefully and Jongin doesn’t forget to ask for an extra plate to share his food with Kyungsoo. They take their first bite, their eyes lighting up simultaneously at the taste.

“This is really good.” Kyungsoo says. He takes his time to take in all the flavors and textures. Everything is so well done and delicious.

“I’m glad you like it.” Jongin has to admit the food is great. “I felt some pressure to choose a good place. You don’t take a chef just anywhere.”

Kyungsoo laughs, shaking his head. “I’m not a chef yet, and anywhere would’ve been fine. I feel like we would’ve had fun, regardless.”

Jongin can’t help but to return Kyungsoo’s smile, heat radiating through his chest. All the nervous thoughts he had been having during the week now seem stupid. He always had a good time around Kyungsoo, and it felt so good to hear that Kyungsoo felt the same. They continue to eat and talk about everything, laughing together, and forgetting about the chefs, about the time, about everything else. 

Immersed in their own little bubble for a moment.

“Okay, so… tell me something most people wouldn’t know about you?” Kyungsoo asks. Their empty plates had been taken away a while ago, and now they’re both leaning over the table as they talk. “Only the ones that know you well.”

Jongin thinks about it for a moment. “I like old movies, especially silent films.” He chuckles. “I’m good at doing escape rooms, I like scary movies too. What about you?”

“I like to crochet, it’s a good distraction.”

Jongin gasps. “Really?”

“Yes,” Kyungsoo nods. “It’s something else I got from my mom.”

“Something else?”

“Well, cooking was the first thing.” Kyungsoo smiles at the memory. “She always tells the story of me watching her cook as a baby.”

“That’s cute.” Jongin can’t help to imagine a tiny Kyungsoo mesmerized by his mother’s cooking.

“She would probably say the same.” Kyungsoo rests his chin on his hand. “What about your drawings? When did you start doing that?”

Jongin looks down at his napkin, he plays with it as he tries to remember. “I want to say always, it has been more than a hobby throughout the years.”

Kyungsoo hums. “I’ve said this before but, you’re really good at it. After I got over the initial shock of seeing myself and the theme of the presentation I could admire the drawing better. You pay attention to details.”

“Ah yes,” Jongin closes his eyes, covering his face. “I didn’t think you would see it. It was supposed to be my secret.” Although, he couldn’t complain, because thanks to that they were on a date.

“I see… what is it that you find soothing about me?” There was a slightly teasing tone to Kyungsoo’s voice.

“Uhh…”

They get interrupted by the waiter bringing the first part of their dessert, which is a big floating balloon. He hands one to each of them, informing them what the balloons and the strings are made of. Jongin claps. Out of everything, this is what he was the most excited about when he read about this place online.

“I saw this online!” He tells Kyungsoo. Jongin then makes a hole with his teeth and the helium out of the balloon. “Do I sound like a chipmunk? Oh!” He gasps because his voice indeed changed. He then laughs, happy because it worked.

Kyungsoo laughs as well, he laughs so hard that his eyes disappear. It makes Jongin happy. Kyungsoo pops his balloon, passing on the helium but eating his balloon instead. The string is also edible, so he eats it right away too.

“That’s fun and delicious.” He remarks.

“Right?” Jongin finishes his balloon and the waiter then brings in the second part of their dessert, a dark chocolate candy bar filled with nuts and covered in caramel.

“Wouldn’t your brother love this?” Kyungsoo eats his, and it’s just as good as the rest of his food. Jongin nods with a smile.

“I’ll take one home for him.” 

Once they’re done and Jongin has another candy bar packed to go, they pay for their bill and leave the restaurant.

“You could’ve at least let me pay for half of it.” Kyungsoo sighs. 

Jongin shakes his head. “I was the one to invite you and this is our first date, so I should pay for it,” Jongin says, he unlocks the car and they both get in quickly.

“Says who?” Kyungsoo turns to look at him.

Jongin starts the engine, turning on the heat. “Google.”

“You looked it up on google?” Kyungsoo smiles, leaning back in his seat as he takes in the heat. They hadn’t been outside for too long, but it was freezing.

“… No.” Jongin frowns. He’s afraid he might be too happy and share too much. 

But the slight smile he sees from the corner of his eye tells him that Kyungsoo didn’t believe his denial.

He drives out of the parking lot and back to the dorm. They talk whole way there, about the food, about bringing their friends back to the restaurant, about nothing in particular but everything at the same time. They keep talking even as Jongin walks Kyungsoo back to his room, when they stop in front of his door Jongin suddenly feels like the night went by too fast.

“I had fun,” Kyungsoo says. He runs a hand through his hair, not opening his door yet. “Next time you have to let me pay too.”

Jongin is so happy about the possibility of a next time that he doesn’t argue. “Okay.”  

“I’ll see you soon then?” Kyungsoo opens the door and Jongin can see Jongdae and Baekhyun peeking.

Jongin nods. “Yes, we can hang out with everyone soon.”

“Sounds like a plan then.”

“I’ll wait until you’re inside.” Jongin gestures at the door, breaking the small moment of silence and Kyungsoo nods, waving at him before disappearing inside and closing the door.

It is only when he’s alone that Jongin allows himself to giggle excitedly, sitting in his car for the moment drinking the whole night in, it felt like his soul had left earth, making cloud nine his new home. He’s still in this daze when he gets home, though he’s able to register Kai sitting at the island scrolling through his phone with a drink in hand. 

“Have fun tonight?” Kai scans his brother up and down, taking a sip out of the glass in his hands. 

Jongin nods, approaching him and pulling out the container with the dessert. “This is for you… night!” He’s so happy he doesn’t notice the look his brother is giving him. 

He was probably smiling like an idiot, and he couldn’t find it in him to care. 

Kai looks at the box for a moment, but takes it after a moment meeting Jongin’s eyes. “...Night.”

 When  Jongin finally makes it up to his room, the excitement swells back up and he  throws himself into his bed, squeezing his pillow and giggling into it.

He’s so into this daze he doesn’t care about anything else for now.

And feeling this happy, he goes to sleep.

Not remembering to text Sehun as expected.

...

..

.

Notes: Here's the link to the balloon dessert in case you're curious. https://youtu.be/1PKvqdObaRw