My Heart and My Brain

A Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV

"You know you can repay me."

"And what do you want in return?"

"Live with me like what our parents wanted to. I don't want to wait till next week . Live with me now."  I can't help but think of what she said. Is she even serious? And how did she managed to be there when Kai attacked me? Is she following me? Why would she risk her life for me? And why the hell I was so freaking terrified that something will happen to her? I was busy thinking when Joy and Jisoo came.

As soon as they saw me, they started hugging me as if there's no tomorrow. 

"Oh my gosh Irene, we're so glad nothing bad happened to you." Jisoo worriedly said.

"See this is what you get for being cocky. You should have called your bodyguards and tell me Irene, is Kang Seulgi hitting on you? Or are you guys dating? Why the hell is she there? And why would she risk her life for you?" Joy asked.

I quickly shaked my head. "Woah...woah easy girl. Are you for real? Do you think I will date her? Over my dead gorgeous body."

"But at the side note Irene. I think you should date her." Joy commented.

Jisoo and I was left speechless with our mouth open. What the! A sudden 360 degree turn. Joy who hates Seulgi's guts telling me that I should date her. 

"What?" 

We just looked at her.

"Come to think of it, if she wasn't there to save you probably we are getting ready for your eulogy right now. Plus she's a strong girl, probably stronger than you so she's capable of protecting you all the time. And the courage she pulled out there, I must say I'm impressed. Oh my god, I think I'll be bestfriends with her from now on." she added.

"That's so true Joy. We won't be that worried for Irene if someone as strong as Seulgi will be there for her. And not to mention that she's smoking hot so Irene and Seulgi being together will be perfect. And them being a couple will make a way for me to get closer to Rose."

"So you guys are team Seulgi now?"

"No... We are team Seulrene." Joy and Jisoo high fived while I raised one of my eyebrow.

"Seulrene?"

"Duh, you're so slow Irene. Seulrene.... Seul means Seulgi and Rene means Irene. You put it together it's Seulrene." 

"Seulrene...seulrene.." Joy chanted teasing me.

I was about to kick her but her teasing face changed into a serious one. It made me stopped and listened to her.

"But really Irene. I'm just so grateful to Seulgi. If it weren't for her maybe we've lost you. It will be devastating if we lose our leader right?" Joy seriously said. 

And then that's it. I just hugged her and Jisoo.

"I'm sorry for making you guys worried. I will be careful next time."

"You better be." Jisoo said. "So did you thank Seulgi?"

And then I can't help but remember what Seulgi wanted in return.

"No."

"What, no? After getting shot? She got nothing even thank you? Ayayay Bae, you're so messed up,"

"It's because she wanted something in return?"

"What? She wanted something in return? Okay now, I'm taking back what I said. I don't like her again." Joy said

"So what does a Kang Seulgi wants from the great Bae.? Jisoo asked.

"She wanted us to live together starting from now." 

Joy:  o_O

Jisoo: O_O

"Woahh she's fast as a rocket. I don't know that she likes you that much." Jisoo said. "So bold of her, oh my God, I wish I can be like her. Ughhh my gosh just imagining asking Rose for a date, I would literaly faint."

"There is something off about that." Joy said.

I sighed and told them the story of what our parents wants. 

"So Seulgi is just trying to protect you because you're her fiancee?" 

"I don't know Jisoo. Maybe."

"But still Jisoo. We know that Irene and Seulgi were never friends. Given the fact that both of them have no other choice with this arrangement, why would you give up your life to someone that you're forced to be with. She got lucky there, she could have died."

I don't know but Joy saying that Seulgi could have died upsets me so much. 

"And for Mr. Bae and Mrs. Kang to arrange something like this? Hmmmm I think there is something that is not right here Irene. There is something that they are trying to hide from you? Maybe Seulgi is just pretending that she doesn't like you but she's so whipped that's why she asked her mom and they tried to threatened your dad to agree with this?

"Wow Joy. Like how many K-dramas have you watch to come up with that?" Jisoo said. 

"I think you should say "yes" to Seulgi's propasal and dig up the story behind all of this. Just be careful Irene."

"Well I thought you're a Seulgi stan earlier? That you'll be bestfriends?" 

"I was but after learning about your engagement with her, I'm not sure if her intentions for you is good or what."

After my conversation with Joy and Jisoo, I called Seulgi's mom and told her about me saying "yes" to what Seulgi wants. Joy was right. There's something wrong about this whole thing and so I will find it and get away from all this .

And so this is the reason why I agreed to live with Seulgi now. I wanted to know why our parents dec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter