This Time I Will Protect You

A Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

"So, you got your memories back and decided to pretend that we don't know each other before? You got your memories back and still went on this freaking engagement? Tell me Kang Seulgi, is it not enough that you took away my previous life? That you want to rob my future as well?" Irene angrily said. I mean if I'm in her position I would feel the same way. I should have told her sooner but how?

"No..Irene... it's not......" I replied while sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Tell me huh Ka-----" I saw how Yeri gently held her.

"Irene-unnie, please calm down." Then Irene removed it and coldly said, "Stop calling me unnie. I don't remember you." I saw how Yeri held her tears and it breaks my heart. I remember how protective Irene was to Yeri. 

----------  PAST   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeri baby, please make sure to tell Irene-unnie if someone bullies you, okay?" 

"And  what would you do to them unnie? "

"I will make sure that they will experience hell. They will cry like a river for bullying my child."

"First, I am not your child unnie. And second, that's so mean. You don't have to make them cry, you're gonna be a bully like them."

Then Irene burst out laughing. 

"Yah, unnie!" Yeri pouted. 

"Aigoo, so so cute." Then she pinched her cheeks. "Remember this Yeri, for our child, we will do anything to protect you. Then she looked at me with her prettiest smile. "Right, Seul?"

I looked at Yeri, "Right!" 

And then she hugged both of us. "Promise me that you both won't forget about me if ever you'll have your own child?

I heard Irene chuckled, "Silly, we will never forget about you. We love you. You'll always gonna be our daugther even we'll have kids of our own."

----------  BACK TO PRESENT   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Irene walked out. I know that deep down she didn't mean it. Sure enough, when we can't see her. Yeri hugged me and cried a lot. 

"I'm so sorry my baby." And that's all I can say. 

And then my mom started calling me. 

"Seulgi?" I heard some urgency in her voice. "Is Irene with you?"

"No, she just left."

"Oh my God, make sure to follow her."

"I think she needed some space right now. She just found out about our past?"

"What? Then you should run after her."

"What are you saying mom? I don't understand."

"Her dad was shot and in comma at this moment." 

"What? Why? Do they have a suspect right now?"

"Seulgi, the most important thing right now is to be with her."

"Oh right right. Thanks mom. I'll go and look for her." Then I dropped the call and looked at Yeri. 

"I know that look unnie. Go and find her. Here's my card. Make sure to call me whenever you can." 

" I will and we will talk more later. Thank you for looking for us. You really is our daughter."

"Yah, stop it. You'll make me cry even more."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"Take care unnie. I love you"

"I love you too." And then I started looking for Irene. I search almost every corner of the park till I saw this girl on her knees crying uncontrollably. It must be so tough for her. Having two bad news in a day. I know that in this kind of days, hugging her is one of the best medicine for her and so everything up and back-hugged her. 

"shhhh----Irene. I'm here"

She turned around and cried even more. 

"Seulgi" and then she hugged me. How I missed hugging her. I swear I don't want this moment to end but we have to go to his dad. 

"Irene, we should go and see your dad." And then she nodded. I called one of our drivers since I'm pretty sure that she's not in the right mind to drive. 

In the hospital.......

Irene ran directly to his dad's room while I went to mom who's talking to the detectives, I think.  

"Oh Seulgi, you girls are here"

"Yes mom, Irene is in her dad's room" 

"Good. Oh officer Park, this is my daugter Seulgi. Seulgi this is officer Park, one of the detectives that is leading the case. " Then we shook hands. 

"Nice to meet you officer and thank you for taking up the case."

"Nice meeting you Seulgi."

"Is it okay if I ask questions?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Do you have any suspects of who shot Mr. Bae?"

"At this moment, we are looking at one of his bussiness partner. We heard that Mr. Bae have been having a problem with one of his company and it's because of Mr.Wang. "

"Have you talked to him?"

"After the incident, he disappeared which added to our suspicion. We are still investigating as to what the problem is between him, Mr. Bae and the company."

"I see. Is it safe for Irene?"

"To tell you honestly, I'm not really sure but there's a posibility that Ms. Bae will be a target of interest too. It is always better to make sure that she is safe. I have talked to Mrs. Kang already about this."

"I told officer Park not to worry about her since she's living with you and I'll just add more body guards for you and Irene." And then the officer's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter