oo // prologue

catch him if you can
chapter
00
 

Youngho was feeling over the moon. He finally finished a difficult case, and then granted a week of vacation, enabling him to finally spend some time with his parents and his little sister enjoying Busan and their beaches. It was fun and refreshing to be paid off-duty after being cooped up in the office for a month solving a hard case.

He entered the coffee shop with light steps, throwing smiles and greetings to the waiters that were customized to seeing him early in the morning, grinning from ear to ear when he saw the familiar back of his partner ordering in the counter.

"Please add one tall cup of iced americano, less sugar," Youngho said as he slung an arm on the man's shoulder. The man looked back in shock but grinned nonetheless before offering his card to the confused cashier.

"Yeah, please add that to my order."

The two men waited for their order before walking back together to the precinct, coffee in hand.

"How was your holiday, Jay?"

"Great. It's a pity that I could only visit them for 4 days, but hey, better than nothing. It's good to see my parents again. They were healthy and happy in their new house."

"Still trying to convince them to go back to Soukor?" Youngho teased.

"Nah, I've given up on that a long time ago. They preferred Fresco over Seoul. Their new home was nice and comfortable too. Much better than the apartments here," the man, Jaehyun or Jay, answered.

"Anyways, how's your vacation? Busan, eh?"

Youngho grinned, "A lot of seafood and beach volleyball. Finally, I got to unwind. I hope we don't have to work on a case anytime soon. Strangely, I'm okay dealing with paper works for a while."

"It’s weird to hear you say that you prefer a desk job rather than going in field but after our previous case, I second to that," Jaehyun nodded with a grin as they entered the precinct ground. He was just opening the front door when one of the officers from IT department ran towards them in distraught.

"Detective Seo! Detective Seo!"

Youngho recognized him as Officer Na Jaemin, one of the newest recruits for the IT department.

"What's wrong, Officer Na?"

The man panted and fanned himself, "Someone… sent something to your desk!"

"A package, you mean?" Youngho raised his brows.

The young officer nodded vigorously.

"And so? Is it some food gone bad that I received while I was off-duty?" Youngho blinked confusedly.

No one ever got agitated about incoming packages unless it's a food gone bad. Man, the smell will kill the office. Mostly, his packages are documents or mails from other detectives in other precinct asking for assistance. So, nothing major that would require a rookie officer to go berserk like this.

"No! Er… You gotta see it yourself. The new chief went nuts!"

Youngho turned to Jaehyun who looked equally as confused as him.

The new chief went nuts? If anything, Chief Kim was much calmer and more patient compared to their previous chief. It would take great lengths to agitate him. There's definitely something wrong.

He took a sip of his coffee and walked briskly inside, finding a hoard of officers crowding his desk.

"What's with the commotion?" He wondered out loud.

People are piled around his desk and the usually calm Chief Kim is barking orders left and right. Even the twins from CSI who loved their basement more than anything are here.

Weird.

"Detective Seo!"

Youngho recognized the guy as Detective Kim Doyoung from Narcs division. The man waved him over and the crowd turned silent and opened up a path for him to walk. His nose caught an unpleasant putrid smell and he found a big blue box sitting atop his desk.

"What is t—What the ?!" Youngho balked when he saw what was inside the box.

It was a body. Twisted in an inhumane way to fit into the box, halfway through the decaying process.

 

For the mighty Detective Seo Youngho.

p.s catch me if you can; i can't wait to see you again:)

 
notes

hi! it's me byuntaefangull again with another jaeri story! please anticipate for this story because i worked hard on this. if you like jaeri, please do check my other story: vivre. if you came here from that story, then hi again! thank you for coming here! this story won't have that many chapters (hopefully), but i'll try to keep the word count around 2k~ish for every chapter. have a nice day and thanks for checking my story out!