Chapter 3

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Are you coming to Eunbi's place tonight?"

It was morning time, Yena approached Hyewon in her office with a cup of coffee in her hand. She was standing on Hyewon's office door.

Hyewon was marking a pile of students' assignments before she stopped and talking to Yena.

"What time? Will there be plenty of food?"

Yena shrugged. "Considering it's Eunbi who always cares about those things, we should not be worried about food."

"Then, I will go." replied Hyewon.

"Sounds good. Do you want to take Uber together?" offered Yena.

"Sure."

By the time Yena was leaving, Yuri arrived at her desk in the lab.

"Yuri-ssi, good morning!" Yena shouted as she walked towards Yuri.

"Dr. Choi, good morning." Yuri replied and bowed her head.

Hyewon was watching those two chit chatting from her office. She did not like the scene in front of her.

Hyewon was aware that Yena liked Yuri, not professionally as a teacher and a student, but more than that. Yena met Yuri on the first day Yuri was accepted at their university, when the younger girl came to look at the university entrance exam result. Hyewon was there too.

"Who is that cute girl?" asked Yena when Yuri left. "She is just admitted here, she will be doing Microbiology."

"Really? Then she will be in my class. That's great."

Hyewon crouched her eyebrows. "What's great with that?"

"Cute girls always make me happy." said Yena.

Yena's statement made Hyewon alerted and became more protective to Yuri. Yena is a good person, but sometimes she is just reckless.

A day before the school start, Yuri confessed her feelings to Hyewon.

"I like you Unnie, since the first time we met. I just wanted to see you everyday. And you were so kind and nice to me, I think you are my first love." the tip of Yuri's ears were burning red after she professed.  Her hands were under the table, squeezing her skirt calming her nerves. Hyewon was speechless to Yuri's love confession. She could not deny that she cared about Yuri too. Maybe their feelings were mutual.

Hyewon took a long pause trying to find a right answer. She did not want to hurt the younger girl before her. The silence were killing Yuri. She was sweating in the freezing cold March. Her chest was ready to burst out. 
"Yuri, are you sure that you like women?" asked Hyewon.

Oh , wrong question. 

Yuri's head was hanging down low.  "I do not know Unnie, what I know is that I like you so much. And I cannot hold this feeling anymore."

"First of all, thank you for liking me, but I cannot accept your feelings. It is not because I do not like you or I have someone I like. I just want you to sort your feelings and be sure." She could see Yuri's teared up and Hyewon's heart were clenching.

"If I knew that you're going to turn me down, I should not have gone to your university." said Yuri.

"Do not let your feelings to me hindering you from reaching your dreams, Yuri-ah. Do not worry, I will support you."

"Do you like me or not, Unnie? Your words give me high hopes. Do not play with my feelings."

"I do not play with your feelings, Yuri-ah. But I cannot accept them either. Just stay like we are now. I want you to be sure with your feelings first.."

"I am sure with my feelings, Unnie! I guess you are the one who has that problem." Yuri got up from her seat and storming out from the Feather cafe.

Chaeyeon who saw this came to Hyewon's table.

"What was that? Are you guys fighting?"

Hyewon rubbed her face with both of her hands feeling so frustated. "That innocent kid just confessed her feelings to me.. she said that she likes me and I am her first love."

Chaeyeon pulled a chair and sat next to Hyewon. "Really? I thought she was not into you that much."

"I thought so too.."

"But, how about you? Do you like her?"

"I don't know, but I do care about her. I can't accept her feelings, Chae.. She is so young and I am worried that she liking me was out of curiousity or infatuation. I do not want to be an irresponsible adult who bended her." Hyewon let out a heavy sigh.

"I understand you, Kwangbae. She is naive and could not define her feelings whether it was just simply an admiration or it was genuinely love." said Chaeyeon.

"Exactly.. now, she is upset with me. What should I do?"

The next day, Yuri was supposed to be in Hyewon's class, The Principles of Biology. But she did not show up. Hyewon texted her but Yuri did not even read it.

A week has passed after the school start, Hyewon still did not see Yuri around.

After teaching a class for master students, Hyewon returned to her office with mind full of thoughts. She was concerned with the fact that Yuri might withdraw and did not attend school although she already enrolled in classes and all. Hyewon wished that she could handle this problem better so that Yuri could have still attended school.

"Kwangbae, what's with that face?" said Yena when they met in their office corridor.

"Nothing, how are you?"

"I am good, actually I am feeling great. Because you know what, that cute girl who was with you couple of weeks ago, is in my class."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter