Chapter 2

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They only have one slice left. This cake is your favorite, isn't it?" asked Hyewon.

Yuri could not say anything. Her mind went blank as the pretty unnie she had been had a crush on with finally talking to her. Yuri nodded with mouth agape.

"Please gave the blueberry cheesecake to her and let me have the chocolate marble cake. What would you like to drink, Yuri-ssi?" asked Hyewon to Yuri after glancing her name tag.

"Chamomille tea, please.." replied Yuri. "Two chamomille, please."

"My name is Kang Hyewon, by the way," said Hyewon while she's waiting for her card.

"Nice to meet you, Kang Hyewon-ssi."

"Okay, Yuri-ssi, let's sit at the table by the window, our favorite spot."

Yuri followed Hyewon, she still could not believe what was happening. The beautiful unnie bought her a cake and they were sitting together.

Not long, their order came. Chaeyeon herself brought their orders to the table. "Here you go, I am glad you're finally be able to talk with Hyewon, Yuri-ssi. Please enjoy your cake!"

"Hyewon-unnie, please have some of my blueberry cake!" told Yuri pushed the cake to Hyewon. "Are you sure? I will finish it in a second." teased Hyewon.

"It's ok! Please have it all."

"Nah, I will just have a bite. I bought it for you."

Yuri felt her face was hot. She had butterflies in her stomach.

"How old are you? And what grade?"asked Hyewon sipping her tea.

"I am 18 years old, I am in grade 3."

"Your school is not from this area, right? So why are you here for a cake?"

"I was going to a piano exam in a music school in this area and also I am attending a hagweon (cram school) here. Then I swung by to this cafe since I saw that they had my favorite blueberry cheesecake. And then I saw you sitting on the back there,.." Yuri could not continue, her head was down. Hyewon could see that Yuri's face was all red.

She's so cute.

"How about you, Unnie?"

"I am 27 years old and I am doing a Ph.D. in Food Science."

"What is a Ph.D., unnie?" asked Yuri.

Yuri's question made Hyewon chuckled.

Oh my, she's really a high school student, she doesn't even know what Ph.D. is.

"It's the highest university degree. And it is required if you want to be a university professor."

"Whoa... it must be very difficult. You are so smart, unnie."

They were exchanging numbers that night and Thursday night became their regular cake date since then.

Hyewon did not expect that befriended with a high schooler could be amusing. Talking to Yuri was so refreshing to her especially during the overwhelming graduate school. She did not need to think deeply in their conversation. Yuri will talk about her friends, her school, or idols, but she had never mentioned about boys she like.She learned that Yuri also a talented musician. She played piano, guitar, and singing too. Hyewon had never seen Yuri performed yet, but Yuri showed videos of her piano recital and school perfomances.

Yuri was preparing for Seuneung, or the national university entrance exam that would be held in November. She studied so hard and went home almost midnight everyday. Hyewon sometimes checked on her to know whether she had arrived home or not. Hyewon has started to care about this girl.

"It's always nice to spend the day with you, unnie. Although it is very short."said Yuri on one Thursday night when she met Hyewon. She had her books open in front of her. Her cram school would be started in 30 minutes. "You've got wrong answer here." Hyewon pointed a page in Yuri's notebook. "You used wrong formula for this problem. Use this instead."and Hyewon started to write down on the note. Yuri watched Hyewon finished the math problem less than a minute with a jaw drop. "Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter