Chapter 15: Baby

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi put a final touch to her make up and fixed her hair for the ninth time. It was a Sunday morning and she had a brunch date with Sakura. She would pick up Sakura in less than 2 minutes. It had been a long cruciating week with full of drama. Starting from a crisis in her company, followed by an ex who popped out of nowhere in front of her, it was getting worse as she had a cold, but fortunately it ended well with a Korean-Japanese venture sealed a deal with her workplace. Eunbi was aware that the work would be getting intense in couple of weeks so that she decided to take a break. She would like to treat Sakura with a nice and decent brunch in Summer Lane, a chic place in Itaewon. Eunbi couldn't be thankful enough of her girlfriend who took care of her while she was sick that week. Not to mention how Sakura had been so much understanding with her situation and Eunse. Eunbi was feeling loved and it had been a while for her to feel this way. 
Eunbi grabbed her car key as she saw it was already 8:35 AM. 

Meanwhile, Sakura was at her apartment waiting for Eunbi. The weather was nice, not too cold for December. Her old self would be staying at home on Sunday, playing games all day all night and munching umeboshi. But, Eunbi asked her for a brunch date and she of course would not let this invitation go. The only person that could drag Sakura out from her lair was Eunbi and it impressed Hyewon and Yena. 

A Katalk message chimed in: Baby, I am here.

When Sakura opened Eunbi's car door, Eunbi was smiling widely to her with sparkling eyes. 

"Hi baby," She gave a quick peck to Sakura. Eunbi was looked so stunning in white angora sweater, blue jeans, knee high boots, and black permed hair. She was wearing a necklace from Sakura for their 100-day dating. 
"You're so beautiful.." Sakura kissed Eunbi again lovingly.
"Aww, thanks. I have to dress beautifully for my girlfriend."
"So, it means that I need to step up my game, by looking pretty and stunning as well." Sakura look at herself, who was looked so cozy in an ivory-white cable knit sweater, jeans, and ankle boots. 
"I prefer seeing you ," said Eunbi mischievously. 
"Babe! Don't do that, I will start to think weird things!"
"Miyawaki Sakura, please stop being so ert."
"But, you initiated it first!"

The couple continued bickering cutely on their way to the restaurant. Eunbi's right hand held Sakura's while she was driving. They were listening to a playlist that they created together. They'd be talking about the song that was currently played and what the meaning of the song to them. It was a nice way to get to know each other. 

The restaurant was packed when they arrived. It was indeed a rush hour. There were 3 couples in line before them. 
"Would you be okay to wait?" asked Eunbi.
"I am okay, because it means that I will spend more time with you." said Sakura.
"Now you're being the one who's mushy." Eunbi squeezed Sakura's hand. 
"Well, I am a quick learner." replied Sakura.
"Yes, you are, Dr. Miyawaki." 

When they finally got a table, someone was calling Eunbi's number. 
"Oh, my sister in law. Hold on, I will take this call. Kkura-ya, you can go in first, I will join you shortly."

Sakura sat down and looked at the menu. She peeked Eunbi who was standing at the restaurant lobby, talking on the phone looking so serious. 

"Do you think that you could find somebody else to watch him? I am with my friend now."

"I did call anyone I know asking whether they could watch Dongyeon, but no one could. Mom's place is too far for her to get here on time.
"I am so sorry for this, but I do not know who to ask for," Eunbi's sister in law was talking so desperately. 
"Okay, how should I help you?" asked Eunbi.
"I will come to you to drop Dongyeon and please watch him until afternoon. Can you?"
"Alright, here is the address where we can meet up.."

"Is everything okay?" asked Sakura when Eunbi came to their table.
Eunbi let out a sigh. "Would you be ok if I also baby sit my nephew while we are having a date? My si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter