Chapter 14: Fever

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A beeping sound chimmed when Sakura opened Eunbi's apartment door.
Sakura rushed from her work to Eunbi's apartment when her girlfriend texted her that she might be sick.

She called her immediately.
"Baby,.. I am not feeling really well.." her voice was weak on the phone. Sakura who was in the office quickly ordered a taxi and went straight to Eunbi's place.
She walked into Eunbi's apartment that was rather dimmed. She saw Eunbi's shoes in the entrance, her coat on a dining chair, and her bag on the kitchen pantry. It was an odd scene for Sakura as she knew that her girlfriend was usually very neat with everything would be put in place.

Eunbi's apartment was rather cold. It was early December and 6 degrees outside.
Sakura put up the thermostat a little and a humidifier.

Eunbi's bedroom was a bit open. Sakura pushed the door and called her out,
"Baby?"

Sakura saw Eunbi was laying on her bed still in her working attire.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Kkura-ya.. my head is pounding so hard and my throat is sore."

She touched Eunbi forehead and it was burning. Sakura pressed her forehead to Eunbi's to make sure.
"Baby, you have a fever,"

Sakura walked to Eunbi's wardrobe and took some pajamas. "Baby, let's change your clothes to something more comfortable,"

Sakura helped Eunbi to undress and put on the pajamas.
"Do you have a thermometer?" asked Sakura while she placed a water jug on the bedside drawer.

"It's in the second drawer with some cold medicine there." replied Eunbi after drank a glass of water handed to her.

Sakura read the cold medicine carefully while she was waiting for the thermometer she put in Eunbi's armpit beeping.
"I think this one is still okay. 
"38 celcius degrees. Did you have dinner?"
"I don't feel like eating, babe.."

"You have to, so that you can take the meds. Hang on, I will make you a dinner. You have a rest."

An hour later, Sakura came back with a bowl of chicken congee and a cup of hot tea. "Babe, try to eat some and then have the medicine."

"Ummm, it's so good.." when she ate a spoonful of the congee fed by Sakura. Eunbi could not finish it all but she ate quite a lot of them.

Sakura tuck her girlfriend with the blanket.

"Baby, thank you.. for taking care of me.." said Eunbi. The cold med was starting to kick in and Eunbi fell asleep not long after.

Sakura laid down next to Eunbi, watched her girlfriend sleeping. Eunbi breathed heavily and her face crunched a bit.
She Eunbi's hair on the forehead. The heat radiated from her body.

Sakura was so bothered that Eunbi must had been getting sick due to the amount stress at work. It had been too much pressure on her girlfriend and not to mention about her ex.

She hated herself for unable to do anything for Eunbi but watching her so vulnerable. Sakura wanted to protect her girlfriend. 

Actually, she could. 

I've got to do something.

Sakura took her phone and dialled a number.

She spoke in Japanese,
" I need your help,"


***

Eunbi woke up to a noise came from her bathroom. She smelled a familiar perfumme from a pillow next to her. Sakura's rosy perfumme. 
Before she realized, she felt a hand touched her forehead.
"Your fever is down.." mumbled Sakura.

"Kkura-ya.."
"Baby, are you awake?"

"Unn..." Eunbi talked with eyes shut.
"Come on, let's check your body temperature."
"37,2. It's down. How do you feel?"

"I feel weak.
"What time is it, Kkura-ya?"
"11:45 PM,"

Eunbi looked at Sakura who did not change her clothes yet.
"Stay with me, Kkura-ya." her hands tried to reach her girlfriend who quickly caught her hand to scooting over and laid next to her.

"I won't go anywhere, Eun."

***

Sakura called her office in the morning telling them that she would be working from home due to a personal reason. She was scheduled to have a meeting in couple of hours with her research team for discussing a final report. But she could not leave Eunbi alone as the older girl was having a fever again earlier.

Luckily, Sakura brought her laptop so she could still work. 
A pot of congee for Eunbi was in the making on the burner while she was worki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter