Chapter 4

Misty Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yuri-ah, do you want something to eat or to drink?"

Yuri took off her earphones as her mother calling her. "No mom, I am good."

It was Friday morning of Chuseok weekend. Yuri was with her family on a train to Busan, where her grandparents were residing. The train was fully packed, a common situation for holidays especially Chuseok. That was the first time for Yuri went to visit her grandparents as a college student. They were so excited and could not wait to see Yuri, their precious grand daughter.

Yuri checked on her Kakao. There were Chuseok greetings from her friends who some of them had begun to make rice cakes. She scrolled through her SNS timeline and pressed like button here and there. Suddenly, a text came up. It was from Hyewon. She sent her a selfie of her biting a rice cake. "Happy Chuseok, hamster!" 

She's so beautiful.

Yuri let out a sigh, she looked at the window. She liked the older woman so much. It was the first time for her to feel this way to a person. She could not take Hyewon off her mind, she knew that she was in love with her. Things went awkward after Hyewon rejected her feelings previously. Yuri was hurt and sad because of the rejection. She did not talk to Hyewon for almost six months although they ran to each other sometimes on campus.

At the beginning, Yuri was about to cancel her enrollment and planning to move to other campus.

On the day she was about to tell her parents that she wanted to change schools, she overheard them talking about how they have used their savings for their dream trip to Japan to pay off Yuri's tuition fees. Yuri's parents prioritized their children education in which they worked so hard therefore Yuri and her siblings could have better life. They sent Yuri and her siblings to top private schools and paid for their piano lessons which were significant budget in their expenses.Microbiology was one of top tier and cost more than other programs.

Yuri could not change schools after she discovered how her parents sacrificed their own happiness for her. She did not have the heart to dissapoint them or make them upset. She decided to keep enroll but she did not go to the first meeting for a class where Hyewon was teaching. She just stayed in the library, studying by herself. Then she changed class to Yena's so that she did not need to see Hyewon.

Hyewon was trying to make up with her, but Yuri just ghosted her. Until one day, Hyewon showed up in one of her piano recitals. Yuri forgot that she had invited Hyewon and she was surprised that Hyewon remembered and came that day. She could not avoid her because Hyewon was with her parents who also knew her when Yuri invited Hyewon to her high school graduation ceremony.

"Yuri, Dr. Kang came to watch your recital. You should have told us that you invited her! Thank you for coming, Dr. Kang." said Yuri's dad.

"It's fine, I should thank Yuri for inviting me today. You did so well, Yuri-ah, like always." told Hyewon. Hyewon looked so stunning that day with a black turtle neck combined with a brown blazer, black skirt, and knee-high boots. She dyed her hair brown and got new bangs. Peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter