Charlie Puth

Mark Her Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SOOYOUNG and Yerim marveled as they were led to the VIP room of that meat restaurant. They received a call from Seulgi which told them to immediately prepare and meet up to that certain popular restaurant located in Itaewon. They thought that they would be treated by the other girl once again but that day was quite a surprise for the both of them.

Seulgi made the two sit while still looking around at the first VIP room that they got into. With Sooyoung’s jaw still hanging in awe of everything, she asked Seulgi, “A-Are we really invited by your wife to dine with her at this expensive looking place?”

“We are here now and you still can’t believe it?” Seulgi asked, a bit irritated since Sooyoung has been asking about it since they met at the station. “Ask her about the reason when she arrives.”

Seulgi was really surprised by what happened while they were on their way home after the lunch they had at the shaman mansion.

“How about let’s have dinner with your friends? I will invite the other girls. I believe they are just resting at the dorm. I will pick them up then wait for us at this restaurant.”

When she asked her about what kind of wind blew her mind, Irene just shrugged her shoulders.

“Don’t you think it would be fun to hang out with your friends after being scolded by your dad?”

That teasing followed by the tucking of her tongue just made Seulgi roll her eyes. She actually told Irene about the report that her father is demanding her but Irene just coolly said to her.

“Don’t worry. I will cover up for you. I will tell him that I presented you to my friends.”

And without any more reason to turn down Irene’s idea, Seulgi agreed with the plan and contacted Sooyoung and Yerim. Sooyoung’s call was the main reason why her eye contact with Irene was cut while they were on the pond side. Seulgi mourns for the opportunity that she lost because of Sooyoung’s accidental dialing.

“We’ll be meeting the most popular idol group of the century, Sooyoung-unnie!” Yerim said before taking out her Jennie Kim banner. “I am finally going to meet my beloved Jennie-unnie!”

“Shut up!” Sooyoung was about to hit her by the head but Yerim was quick to avoid her attack. “You will just creep that girl if you show her that banner while sharing one table. Hurry up and clear that out.”

“But Sooyoung-unnie~! I just want to get some sign!” Yerim pouted.

“Not now, silly! Also stop acting like you have a big crush on someone when your crush is already in front of you!”

Seulgi’s eyes widened while Yerim started blushing. Did the dense chick just claimed that she’s Yerim’s crush? She’s literally the one in front of Yerim.

“Look!” Sooyoung cupped Yerim’s face only to make her look at Seulgi who was at the other side of the table. “Your crush would misunderstand things!”

“TCH!” Yerim picked up a marker and opened it. “How about if I sign on your stupid, dynamite face, Park Sooyoung?”

Seulgi just shook her head after witnessing another dumb act of her bestfriend, Park Sooyoung. Everybody knows who Yerim’s real crush but Sooyoung is quite an exemption. Seulgi can’t just measure how dumb the other girl is.

“Ya, Yerim-ah. Since we are going to dine with idols, maybe we should introduce ourselves in our stage names!”

“Pfft!” Seulgi almost spit out the water that she was drinking with that wild idea from Sooyoung. Seeing the glitter on Yerim’s eyes just confirmed that the girl also likes the idea.

“That’s a good idea! If that’s the case then I will be Yeri~ Wait, should I just use my English name?” Yerim asked as she turned a bit to Seulgi who was just smiling at them.

“I will present myself as Joy~” Sooyoung excitedly said. “Hi~ I am Joy~ I am your Joy!”

Seulgi almost lost it since she failed to drink in peace for the second time around. She put the glass back to the table knowing that the comedy duo won’t stop anytime soon. She might end up laughing so hard to the point of crying just like what she always does.

“I should practice in English, too!” Yerim then cleared before confidently saying. “Hi~ I am Yeri~”

The three were having a good time when the Shaman Princess’ phone suddenly made some noise. It was a text message from Irene.

 

[We just arrived. Rosé is just looking for parking space.]

 

Seulgi looked back at the bantering duo. “Rusty said they are already here. Better halt your antics for a while.”

“What!? Really!?” Sooyoung grabbed the banner away from Yerim and hurriedly stuffed it back to the girl’s bag. Yerim gasped in fright when she saw how Sooyoung handled her precious banner as if it was just like a paper that she can crumple like that.

“Sooyoung-unnie!!! You have to fold it neatly!” Yerim cried out.

“Don’t call me Sooyoung. I am Joy now!”

“Oh, geez… Guys, please…”

Not long after, the door opened and came in the meat that they are going to grill followed by a group of lively girls.

“Wow~ We arrived just in time~!” Rosé ecstatically said after seeing the meat being placed at their table. The other three stood up from their seats and greeted the idol group while the girls did the same thing.

“Seulgi-unnie~!” Jisoo waved at Seulgi enthusiastically.

Seulgi warmly waved back at her. “Jisoo-ya~!”

Jisoo was about to go to Seulgi’s side when Lisa tapped her by the shoulder to point at her undone shoelaces. Baffled by Lisa’s words (since they had to remove their shoes before entering and she knew well that she didn’t wore a shoe with laces), Jisoo still looked down only to see her white socks but when she raised her head up, Irene was already sitting beside Seulgi and had claimed the seat right next to the girl.

“Welp~” Jisoo just went and sat beside Irene while Jennie quietly sat beside her. Rosé sat beside Sooyoung while Lisa felt like there was no other choice but to sit beside Jennie. (Seulgi and Irene were actually sitting on the end of the table [king’s seat]. A gesture that they are the ones who planned that mini event.)

“Anyway, these are my friends.” Seulgi presented the two. “The girl beside me is Kim Yerim while the girl who looks like a baby chicken is called Park Sooyoung.”

“YA! Kang Seulgi!!!” Sooyoung shouted before whispering, “I was about to introduce myself as Joy!”

Everyone laughed at that joke of Seulgi even though Sooyoung wasn’t pleased at all. Everyone laughed harder when she started pouting.

“She looks more like a duck when she pouts!” Rosé burst into more laughter which made Sooyoung look at her with that angry duck face.

“What is wrong with you all?” Sooyoung puffed her cheeks.

Seulgi then turned to Irene and casually changed the topic towards her. “This is Bae Joohyun…”

“Who doesn’t know who she is?” Sooyoung slapped the air. “She’s very famous—”

“She’s my wife.”

Everyone on the table were silenced while they asked each other if what they heard was correct but then there was a chorus of teasing ‘ohhh~’ from the whole group.

“Wow! I can’t believe that you are that bold, Seulgi-ssi!” Rosé commented.

“What is happening exactly?” Sooyoung asked while looking at the ceiling as if waiting for some answer from heaven. “Dear heavens, my friend is being possessed.”

“Did we really just hear that?” Yerim doubted what was happening. Seulgi was just complaining about Irene yesterday but now she’s presenting her with those lovesick eyes. Was it because Irene’s friends came and they have to act all lovey dovey? Or did something great happen while they were in the mansion.

Seulgi then turned at Irene who was also surprised at the way she was presented. She wasn’t actually expecting to be introduced at the very least because she knows that Seulgi’s friends already know her even before they get married but Seulgi just—

Irene almost gasped when she felt Seulgi holding her hand. Actually, Seulgi only let go of her hand when they had to pick up their friends. The other girl didn’t let her go ever since they held hands by the pond. Now that she’s back to holding her hand back, Irene, with her blushing face, thought of another stupid excuse.


 

‘She’s still not done with her acting. Well, I won’t be backing down as well!’


 

Irene held Seulgi’s hand back and even raised it to show it to her friends. Everyone from her side gasped, aside from Jisoo who clapped in excitement after seeing that her unnie is getting along well with her wife.

“Again girls, this is Seulgi, my wife.” Irene looked back at Seulgi and gave her a smile before looking back at her friends. “Isn’t she sweet?”

“BLURGH—”

Everyone turned to Sooyoung who immediately coughed to cover her puking noise. “Ha-ha… Sorry… It was the smoke. Ooh~ The fire is too strong~!”

“Anyway, Irene-ssi.” Yerim calmly called which made Sooyoung frown. Is this the same girl who was fangirling over Jennie just a minute ago? “Why did you invite us for dinner anyway?”

“Ahh… About that~” Irene lowered their hands but placed them over her lap. “I want to meet Seulgi’s friends and get to know more about her through you guys. I also want you all to meet my friends and get along with each other. Won’t it be nice?”

Yerim and Sooyoung thought that Irene was doing this just to make a good impression on the people and even Irene doesn’t want to admit it to herself but her real reason for gathering everyone is to cheer Seulgi up. She wanted to somehow lighten up her mood after what happened at the shaman mansion.

As they went and started eating, different topics were also laid on the table but the vampires couldn’t ask about Yerim and Sooyoung’s powers since Jisoo is around. Irene thought that it was really a brilliant idea of her to bring Jisoo even if she’s an ordinary human. All the kingdom related stuff are not being brought up and they are hanging out like normal people would do.

But… Was it really a great idea to bring Jisoo with them?

“Jisoo-ya, eat more meat.” Seulgi even specially placed a piece of meat on her plate.

“Wah~ Thank you, Unnie~” Jisoo giggled in joy with that gesture from Seulgi. She has fallen in love with Seulgi's expert way of grilling. Irene frowned a bit after seeing that but she wasn’t the only one who did.

Lisa also put a piece of meat on Jennie’s plate which surprised the frowning girl a bit.

“Eat more, Jennie-unnie.” Lisa said with her usual poker face.

“T-Thanks…” Jennie took the meat and ate it but her attention is still on Jisoo.

“Hey~” Rosé called. “Is it fine if I order some drinks? I’ve been wanting to drink the past few days.”

Seulgi then turned to Irene and whispered. “Is that real alcohol she’s talking about or that?”

Irene nodded. Vampires don’t really need to go to a restaurant just to drink blood and she didn’t book one that offers blood.

“It’s okay, guys~” Rosé pressed the bell to call for a staff member. “We are still going to norebang after this so let’s just drink moderately.”


 


 

“WHAT the hell is with ‘drink moderately’?” Sooyoung wiped the drool out of her face after some hard puking while Yerim rubbed her back. “She just kept on pouring alcohol on our glasses even if it isn’t empty and will shout at you when you don’t receive it.”

“She’s a monster.” Yerim commented while tearing up. She has encountered seniors like Rosé in university gatherings but Rosé is in a higher level of supremacy. Even her own friends are not excused from her alcohol terrorism. Even poor Jisoo had a taste of that tyranny.

“Thanks to Seulgi’s wife we managed to escape that monster.” Sooyoung stood up and straightened her back even though she’s having a hard time to stand properly. “And now that it is norebang time, let’s show them our powers, Yerim!”

Yerim raised her fist. “Alright!”

Sooyoung nodded at Yerim while wearing her familiar, trickster smirk. One cubicle door opened which laid Seulgi out. Her cheeks are burning red because of alcohol. Sooyoung immediately hung on her shoulder while she washes her hands.

“Seulgi-ya! There’s one thing that I’ve been wanting to ask since earlier!”

Seulgi sprinkled water on Sooyoung’s face to shove her away. “Don’t shout in my ear! I can hear you well!”

The duck just laughed and proceeded with her question. “So… What’s with that ‘She’s my wife’ line and that holding hands act? Don’t tell me that you guys have really come up to the conclusion to make things real!?” She worriedly turned to Yerim before looking back at Seulgi. “What will happen to Yerim now—OUCH!”

“Stupid!” Yerim shook her hand that she used to smack Sooyoung’s head. “I’m a Jennie stan, Jennie has my heart!”

“Ish!” Sooyoung then held Seulgi by her shoulders. “Don’t lie to me, Seulgi! Did something good happen that’s why the two of you are being sweet right now!? Tell me this is not real because it is making me cringe—”

“I confessed to her!”

The other two gasped in sync after that line from Seulgi. The blushing of her cheeks was made terrible by the sudden blood rush.

“Y-Y-You what!?” Sooyoung stammered.

“I said I finally confessed to her!” Seulgi even had to cover her face with her arm. “She was telling me to pursue the things that I love and I asked her if I can pursue her then!”

“Wow! That was really smooth!” Yerim congratulated Seulgi. “Finally, you are expressing yourself to her!”

“Yerim! You can’t be happy like that! Your crush is being taken away!”

“Shut up, stupid duck!” Yerim growled at Sooyoung before smiling like a happy puppy to Seulgi. “And she accepted your feelings, right? That’s why the two of you are really sweet now, right?”

Seulgi quit trying to cover her blushing face. “Well… She was the first one who initiated holding hands… I just… I just didn’t let go.”

“Oh my gosh~~” Yerim made little jumps of joy. “What else happened?”

“It seems like she already knows what I feel before even confessing to her… Was I that obvious?”

“I know how much you really want to kiss me anyway.” Seulgi gave out a deep sigh after remembering that line. “She told me that she won’t stop me in case I stopped holding myself back. She even said, “Don’t you dare stop yourself.””

“Oh my! Then it means she also likes you, Seulgi!” Yerim cheered the girl up even more. “If she doesn’t want you to hold back then it is a go signal!”

“That’s what I want to believe… So now, I am not holding back just like what she told me.”

Sooyoung suddenly barged on the space between the two of them and started fixing Seulgi’s clothes. “Our little rascal has finally grown up. Come on, let’s get ready and show them what zeros got! Let’s make sure that you’ll be winning the heart of that princess!”

“ALRIGHT!!!”

The three went to the norebang room Irene told them to go. The groups went ahead because vampires are well-trained for drinking, more like it runs to their blood that they don’t easily get drunk. It might take two days of non-stop drinking before they get drunk. But there is one problem…

“Go for it, Jisoo~!” Rosé cheered as Jisoo was taking the spotlight with Charlie Puth’s [Dangerously]. Lisa was hitting the tambourine, still on a poker face while Jennie was silently taking a video of the crazy performance. “Oh my~ Our baby really got drunk!” Rosé praised her.

Irene noticed the arrival of the trio so she immediately moved to give Seulgi a space. “S-Seulgi—”

“Seulgi-UNNIE!!!” Jisoo hurriedly dragged Seulgi in front which made Irene frown once more. “Sing the next song with me! It’s called [Attention] by Charlie Puth!”

“Wow! Jisoo-ya! Do you like Charlie Puth as well?” Seulgi laughed. “He’s my favorite western artist! Ha-ha! But my English pronunciation is so bad. I will input my s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter