Revelations

Mark Her Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEULGI was looking at herself and to the three people in the room back and forth. She’s on her astral body and she’s floating! She was just about to step out of her room seconds ago but now she has instantly transferred to the Shaman Mansion.

The Princess then turned to Seungwan and pointed at her, she struggled before words finally came out of .

“Y-You!” She shouted. “W-What have you done to me!? Why am I like this!?”

Seungwan was taken aback. “I didn’t do anything to you! I am having tea with the King and you appeared!” The General then looked at the King. “My King, you know well the abilities can’t be passed like this! I really didn’t know anything!”

The King wasn’t able to say anything, instead he just continued staring at Seulgi.

“H-Hey! Someone help me!” Seulgi’s panic is starting to reach the top of her head. “H-How do I go back to my body!?”

“I told you, I don’t have anything to do with this!” Seungwan insisted.

“C-Calm down, Seulgi-ya…” Sunmi said with sweat on her forehead. “Calm down. Everything will be alright. Take deep breaths for now.”

“Do astral bodies even take air in?” Seulgi leaned to the table and everyone was surprised when she didn’t pass through it. Normal shamans who can do astral projection can only watch and aren’t able to touch anything. But just like Seungwan, Seulgi seems to be able to do that special ability.

“W-What is happening!?” Seulgi shouted. “Why am I in this form? If you don’t have anything to do with this then what is this? I am a zero!”

The King had to massage his temple because the sudden event gave him a headache. He called Seulgi to tell her something but he didn’t know that he would be revealing things to her this way.

“J-Jaewook!” Seulgi called when her father suddenly stood up. “H-Help me. I don’t know what to do…”

The King had to close his eyes. Seeing his daughter being helpless like this, he knows he is also at fault. He could’ve done something beforehand but he chose to listen to other people’s words.

“Calm down, Seulgi…”

“How can I calm down? What if I am already a ghost and I just passed away?” Seulgi hit the table with her fists and the power she showed just amazed Seungwan even more.

“I-I can assure that it is just the astral body! You can go back to your body!” Seungwan said.

“B-But how…?” Seulgi’s thoughts are filled with worries. When everything between her and Irene is getting better she can’t afford to die like this. She’s really thinking that she died because there’s no way she could do astral projection. She can do magic tricks but that is out of her league already.

“Seulgi-ya…” The King called once again. “Look at me, young one.”

Seulgi then turned to her father with eyes filled with anxiety. Jaewook had to hold his composure even though he is already having a glimpse of what’s going to happen next.

“Hearing what happened earlier from Seungwan, I had the hunch that you will be able to do this. She angered you and not just that, she also went close to you. That’s the reason that you can do this.”

“W-What do you—"

Jaewook cleared his throat before taking a deep breath and while looking straight to the eyes of his child he said,


 

“Seulgi… you are—”

 

 

 

 

IRENE threw herself at her bed and stared at the ceiling for quite a long time before her cheeks automatically turned pink. She just washed up but it seems like she has some blush on. She covered her face with her pillow and started giggling to herself.

“We kissed…” She murmured to herself. “We kissed and kissed again! Mommy!!!”

Irene rolled to her bed while giggling. “Goodness! This is how it feels to be a drama protagonist! Good blood! I am so—”

She stopped rolling like she’s rolling on a dough and started reminiscing about what happened between her and Seulgi. She suddenly remembered all the stupid things that she said.

“Are you really waiting for me to kiss you first?”

“Shut up, I am all yours.”

“Hurry up and kiss me.”

Her giggling suddenly turned into embarrassment. She jerked up from lying and threw her pillow on the floor. “Did I, the Princess of the Vampire Kingdom and the heiress of the throne, really say those embarrassing words!?”

Irene’s jaw is hanging low as she slowly turns to her mirror. She looked at herself with disgust.

“Irene-ah…” She called out to her reflection. “I can’t believe how desperate you were. Were you really hungry for her kisses now? You’re not just craving for her blood?”

She flopped back to her bed and sighed. “I didn’t even ask for her blood. I just really wanted to kiss her…”

Irene rolled and lied to her stomach before paddling her legs. “And I miss her already! What has gotten into me!?”

Again, she stood up when she remembered something. She rushed towards her mirror and pulled down her sleeve a bit. Her eyes widened at what she saw—a reddish mark on her left shoulder.

Irene had to gulp. Just looking at the mark makes her want to see Seulgi even more. She suddenly felt the need to get some blood. Her heart is beating really loudly.

She started tracing the mark with her fingers. “It’s a waste that it will fade sooner or later.” Irene sighed in disappointment. “But yeah, I can ask from Seulgi to give me one again—”

The Vampire Princess suddenly felt like she swallowed her tongue after realizing what she just said. “What is happening to me!!!?” She ran back to her bed but slipped on the pillow that she threw away earlier. Falling with her hitting the floor first, Irene groaned in pain.

She then hugged herself and sighed. “This is so not cool, Irene… You’re getting crazy over her… One day you might—”

“Marking her might kill her. We don’t know if a human could really receive a mark coming from a vampire.”

The words of Irene’s cousin suddenly entered her mind. Minjoo did mention things about marking before her marriage with Seulgi. She wasn’t really thinking of marking Seulgi but now that she’s falling for her at such a speed, the idea of leaving her that lifetime mark is growing into her.

But just as Minjoo said, “The mark is not just you taking blood from her, it is you secreting something in her skin, in her flesh, and in her veins. That very thing will create the permanent mark but it’s also the reason why most vampires stay in bed after the marking. It hurts a lot after the effect of the biting fades away. If vampires with special bodies have to endure the pain for days, how about more ordinary humans? Shamans may have powers but their bodies are nothing but of normal humans. You might actually devour her in the process.”

Irene felt her heart tightened. Just the thought of her hurting Seulgi pains her. But will she be able to stop her nature when it starts unveiling her core?

“Don’t you think the King has something to do with this? What if he agrees with you marrying each other because he knows well that Seulgi won’t be able to handle the pain and that would really weaken the spirit of the Shamans. In the end, the vampires will reign supreme among races… I don’t want to say this but we both know that it’s the case… Your marriage is just pure politics.”

The Princess then bit her thumb nail. Her suspicion grew larger because of what Seungwan said earlier. The General obviously hinted that the vampires have something to do with the death of Seulgi’s mother.

“Should I ask my father about it?” Irene murmured to herself while looking at her phone. “But what if we are really responsible for Seulgi’s mother’s passing? How will I face Seulgi after knowing the truth?” She dramatically gasped when worries started piling one by one. “What if she hates me and breaks up with me! What if she leaves me!?”

Irene stood up and started walking back and forth. “No, Irene. Calm down. That punk of a general must be making stories again to anger Seulgi. Plus, the Shaman King won’t marry his child to the family who killed his wife! I believe that ghost general was just trying to confuse us.”

The lady then took deep breaths and seemed to have calmed down but then she suddenly ran to her phone and unlocked it.

“My curiosity will kill me. I have to ask my fath—OUCH!”

Irene felt like her shoulder was hit by something when she felt an awful pain with her muscles. She slowly lifted her hand to look at her shoulder but to her surprise, she thought that the mark Seulgi left her emitted light for a moment.

“What on earth…”

Her stare automatically landed by the door. She suddenly felt butterflies on her stomach.

“S-Seulgi!” She hurriedly rushed out and headed to Seulgi’s room. “Seulgi-ya!”

Irene opened her wife’s room and was surprised at what she had arrived at. Seulgi is sitting on the floor, hugging her knees and sobbing.

“Seulgi!” Irene called as she rushed to her wife’s side. Seulgi lifted up her head and looked at Irene with those swollen eyes. Irene’s eyes reddened at the sight of her wife crying.

“What happened?” Irene asked, her fangs starting to protrude. “Who made you cry!?”

“I…” Seulgi tried to wipe her tears. “I just came from the mansion…”

“What? It hasn’t been an hour since you left! How come that you have been to the mansion in that span of time?” Irene asked in disbelief. “Tell me what happened! Why are you crying?”

Seulgi’s eyes produced more tears as she remembered what her father told her.

“J-Joohyun-ah…” She called in a voice full of sadness.








 

“I… am not a zero.”

 

 

 

 

SUNMI placed a cup of warm tea on the table which surprised the King himself. The lady then sat on one of the free seats in the veranda.

“I know it is still bothering you but you better make a move.” Sunmi sighed before giving soft blows to her cup of tea. “She was clearly shocked by that revelation.”

The King then gave out a deep sigh before leaning forward. “I don’t know what I should do. I know sooner or later she will find out about this but I didn’t think that it would be this soon.”

Sunmi nodded. She could understand him well. Jaewook called Seulgi back to the mansion so they could study together and somehow win his daughter’s heart in the process. Sunmi has convinced him to catch up with the lost times that they had while Seulgi was in exile.

When he heard that Seungwan angered Seulgi about her mom’s death, he immediately called Seungwan to his office and scolded her about what she had done. He knows well that Seungwan has her own ways to things but she isn’t in the right place to trigger Seulgi like that. He has warned her not to get close to her but she disobeyed his orders and even provoked her.

He was in the middle of lecturing his general when Seulgi suddenly appeared on her astral body. That very moment he felt like all his energy had been drained out of his body.

‘It’s the time.’ He thought as he looked at the panicking expression of his daughter. He was thinking of restoring their relationship first before revealing everything to her but the situation called for it.

“You are not a zero, Seulgi…” he can clearly remember how his daughter’s face flashed a very confused expression. She was full of disbelief but she also knows that her father is not the type to joke about serious things like that.

“What do you mean I am not a zero?” Seulgi’s voice felt like she was going to break anytime.

“She’s the second negative to ever exist.” Sunmi said after taking a sip of her tea. “And the first negative was known to have abused his power and used it to spread fear to all the race. Being able to copy other’s abilities and somehow make it stronger than the original made him invincible. The havoc that the first ever negative has caused the elders to fear the second one.”

Jaewook then nodded his head. “That’s the reason why they forced me to proclaim her as a zero and sent her to a place where no one has powers that she can copy. The elders believed that if Seulgi lives thinking that she is powerless, the sleeping monster inside of her will never be awakened.” The King then started pinching his nose bridge. “They were so frightened of her limitless ability.”

“Well…” Sunmi took a deep breath and placed her cup on the table. “They missed the opportunity to raise a negative. Now after everything that she found out, I believe she is more lost now.”

“Are you telling me that I am not a zero? I… actually have a power?” Seulgi’s words started echoing at the back of Jaewook’s head. “You mean… I actually have the right to stay with my family the whole time? I have the right for a proper education? The right to lift my head in front of other shamans?”

“You heard her words, King. She was so devastated…”

“All this time I thought I was useless. I thought I was a shame to the family… But…” Seulgi’s fists were clenched really tightly. “I was invited as a college friend to my brother’s wedding… I wasn’t even able to pay respect to him when he passed away. I was not able to spend more time with him and lost the right to call him my brother because I was proclaimed as a zero…”

Seulgi started crying. She couldn’t handle her tears anymore.

“And now you are going to blame the elders for convincing you to exile me?” The princess gritted her teeth. “You could’ve done something! Don’t you think it was unfair for me? Do you know how much I suffered after being proclaimed as a zero? Do you know how much I hated myself for being a shame to you… to our family? You could’ve done something! But you chose to treat me lower than an insect!”

The King was about to explain his side but Seulgi’s astral body suddenly disappeared. It seems like she became too unstable and that she has let go of the powe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter