Top

Mark Her Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEULGI found herself in an unfamiliar bed. Still feeling a bit dizzy, she forced herself to sit up. After her eyesight had finally adjusted, she saw Irene also sleeping but instead of lying on the bed, she was on a chair and was just leaning at the bed with her arms crossed.

She then remembered everything that happened. The fight against Irene’s brother with Sakura and Jennie as his pawns. She then saw the cut by Irene’s face, making her heart clenched in pain.

‘It seems like we won.’ She thought. She then reached out for Irene and gently caressed the area near the wound. ‘But I wasn’t able to successfully defend my Princess.’

She was pained even more when she saw how her hands were wrapped in bandages. The flame of the sword actually affected her as well. Seulgi’s jaws clenched.

‘If only I was stronger. They may be saying that I have incredible power but I am nothing without the others.’

Remembering something important, Seulgi looked around once more and then let out a sigh of relief when she saw the book that General Son gave her. She only managed to read a few pages before that encounter at the airport but she already felt like she had already stepped at the shore of how the first negative lived his life.

“Great power that comes with a great price, huh?”

Seulgi then jerked a bit when Irene started moving. She then reached for Irene’s hands which the girl immediately held back. Stretching a bit, Irene’s eyes almost bulged when she saw Seulgi already sitting and looking at her with that apologetic smile.

“Hi~” Seulgi greeted but then Irene’s eyes immediately went teary.

She jumped towards her wife and hugged her tightly. Seulgi welcomed her and embraced her back. She then felt so much more relieved when she felt how tight Irene hugs her.

“I thought I was going to lose you!” Irene cried. “I managed to kill that stupid old bat and I thought you would disappear as well because he--”

The red burgundy-haired princess then pushed Seulgi and inspected her neck once more. She did a lot of inspections while the girl was sleeping but she just wanted to make sure. She heaved a breath of relief. “Thank goodness, there’s really nothing left.”

Seulgi then felt that certain part of her neck. She then remembered--Jiwoo had his fangs buried on her neck before she passed out. There was indeed no trace of the bite at all.

“W-What happened?” Seulgi asked, actually fearing the things that she might hear next. She then lifted up her wife’s hands. “Are you okay?”

“Don’t worry about me, Seulgi…” Irene led Seulgi’s hands to her face. “What’s important now is that you are safe. Please don’t overexert yourself again just like what you did earlier.”

“We are in the plane now, right?” Seulgi looked around. This is the extravagant bedroom that Sakura was talking about. Her eyes then widened when she remembered someone. “Sakura-unnie! Where is Sakura-unnie!? She was working under that evil vampire, am I right!?”

Irene averted her stare and looking at how sadness filled those eyes of her wife, Seulgi’s shoulders dropped. Her silence only means one thing.

“Did she… disappear as well…?”

The other girl closed her eyes for a bit and took a deep breath. “She betrayed him in the end.” Irene started. “The mark she and Jennie had were marks of slavery. They were forced to obey his words. But when that stupid bat was about to kill me, Sakura-unnie became my vampire shield and helped me in killing the stupid bat.”

Irene then lowered her head. “But… she also died in the process.”

“Did she turn into a baby? What do you guys call that again?”

“Phoenix.”

Irene then stood up and extended her hand to Seulgi. “Can you stand, Seulgi? It’s better if you see it with your own eyes.”

Seulgi nodded and reached for her wife’s hand. It was her first time on a plane like that and she wanted to take some time to adore it but she didn’t know that what she would see next would be more startling. The other girl then led her to where the others were and she froze on the spot when she saw who was sitting in one of the seats.

“K-Kim Jisoo?” She was taken aback as she suddenly felt fear of the said girl. Jisoo then turned to her, her eyes reddish and swollen. Seulgi’s eyes then lowered down and saw that the said girl was actually carrying an infant in her arms.

Sitting on the other side of the plane is Jennie together with Lisa who hasn’t left her side since she has regained her consciousness. Seulgi was also alarmed at the sight of the said vampire who was fighting with her friends just a while ago.

“Don’t worry, Seulgi.” Irene suddenly spoke which kind of surprised her. “She’s the real Jisoo and Jennie has been freed from the grasps of the stupid bat as well.”

Seulgi looked back at Jisoo and saw how she was carrying the guilt of what had happened. Irene then led her closer to Jisoo.

“S-Seulgi…” Tears started rolling down the lass’s face once more. “I am really sorry about what happened.”

The Shaman Princess’s heart then ached for Jisoo. She sat at the seat beside her and helped her in wiping her tears. “It’s not your fault, Jisoo. Don’t blame yourself for what happened.”

But instead of calming down, Jisoo shed even more tears which triggered the giant tsundere.

“Stop crying, will you!?” Irene annoyingly said. “I’ve told you a thousand times that it isn’t your fault! Now that you heard that Seulgi thinks the same, stop with all these tears! Sakura-unnie won’t want to see you crying like this!”

“Joohyun-ah…” Seulgi reached out for Irene to somehow calm her down; not aware of the real reason why the girl is getting all annoyed.

The Vampire Princess just rolled her eyes and sat in the seat in front of the two.

Seulgi then took a look at the baby that Jisoo was carrying. The baby is actually wrapped in one of the towels the plane has in store. The pretty baby is peacefully sleeping and Seulgi can’t believe her own eyes. The life cycle of the vampires is really interesting.

“I-Is this really Sakura-unnie?” She asked as she reached for the baby’s little hand. An awkward smile curved up her face when the baby held her finger really tight. “H-How come that Sakura-unnie became this cute?”

She was looking back and forth at Jisoo and Irene while the two were testing the waters of who is going to explain to Seulgi. Jisoo was about to open her lips to explain when they heard a very loud cry followed by the shouts of Sooyoung, Yerim and another familiar voice.

Seulgi’s eyes widened. “I-Is that another--”

“You just ate!!!” That was Sooyoung entering that certain part of the plane. Yerim and Rosé then followed her, carrying bottles of tomato juice in both hands. In Sooyoung's arms is another baby throwing some serious tantrums. “Come on, baby! Don’t be like this to us!”

“A-A baby boy?” Seulgi stammered as the towel that was wrapped over the baby fell down due to his struggles. He was even pulling Sooyoung’s hair. The other two girls behind her were already looking exhausted because of the said little demon.

“S-Seulgi!!!” Sooyoung sounded like she had found her saviour when her eyes landed at Seulgi. “Help me with this Tasmanian devil, I am begging you!”

“That’s Sakura-unnie.”

“H-Huh!?”

Seulgi looked at Irene with both eyes and mouth wide open. “T-Then who is this--”

“This is my omma.” Jisoo answered as she tried to hush the baby girl so it won’t wake up with the noise that the other baby is making.

“Sakura-unnie had a human partner, Seulgi. She marked her. That also means that she would also die when Sakura-unnie does.” Irene then leaned to her seat and crossed her arms. “We are not really sure if she is really your mum though, Jisoo. Humans don’t turn into phoenixes even though they were partners of the vampires.”

Seulgi couldn’t really follow what was happening.

“I’ve never heard of an instance where a twin phoenix was born. I’m afraid to report the happenings to my father since he might take Sakura-unnie’s phoenix and kill it.” Irene then turned to Jisoo. “I am also afraid of what may happen to you. Until I arrive at a definite plan, I will not say anything to my father but I really have to do something about it because these two should get registered soon.”

Irene then sighed. “Do you know what that means, Seulgi?”

The other girl looked more clueless as ever.

“That means we have to give them new names once we register them.”

Getting annoyed by the cries of the other baby, Irene turned to where he was. Her eyes glowed red for a bit before she said, “Quiet.” in a very firm voice.

The baby, as if a trained military personnel, immediately went quiet in just one word of the vampire princess. He then snatched one of the bottles from Yerim and quietly drank his food.

“Seems like this baby is hurrying to grow up.” Sooyoung commented now with a smile on her face. The baby just glared at her before closing his eyes.

“It’s probably the remaining feelings of Sakura-unnie.” Irene guessed. “The baby feels like he has some unfinished business and he is hurrying his growth by eating. Anyway…”

The Vampire Princess then stood up. “We’ll be reaching our destination soon. I didn’t know that we would be arriving in Scotland with all these members but please…”

Seulgi then noticed Irene blushed a bit as the girl seemed to try to gather some courage. The pink-haired girl then looked at everyone around her with those intimidating eyes.

“Remember to know your places once we arrive there.” She continued before raising an eyebrow. “No one shall dare to interrupt me as I mark Seulgi. Understood?”

 

 

 

 

YERIM and Sooyoung are still in awe of the legendary vampire castle. It is said that most royal vampires came from the household that once took refuge in that certain castle on top of a high plateau. During the time when vampires were being hunted due to the threat that they bring, a group of vampires, who were said to be the direct descendants of the fallen, gathered in that place to think of ways on how they will survive the cruel world that is under an established, severe stereotyping.

They were made known to the vampires and to the generations to come as they have established a lot of things including a government for their clan with the King as the main symbol of it all.

There came a time that going outside to see the world wasn't a threat to them anymore and one by one they stepped out of the castle. Being an important place to their history, the said castle is still being taken care of as vampires gather for a jubilee at the beginning of a new century. It is like a very big festive event / family reunion for all of them.

“I can’t believe that I am inside this legendary castle.” Sooyoung looked up at the well-preserved ceiling.

“This place was attacked a lot in the past because of how important it is to the vampires but they managed to take care of it like this just like how they stay young forever.” Yerim commented as she looked around. Her wandering was about to stop on Sooyoung’s way but she immediately turned to the other person that they were with--Kim Jennie.

Sooyoung’s eyes narrowed. She didn’t actually like what Yerim just did. “What was that for?” she whispered.

“Jennie-ssi, have you been here before?” Yerim cutely asked the other girl. Jennie just looked at her with the same apologetic eyes that she has been using to look at them since the slavery wore off.

“No, Yerim-ssi.” she answered. “I just turned into an adult last year. I am a very young vampire.”

“I-Is that so?” Yerim then tucked her hair at the back of her ears, wishing that she would look beautiful at the eyes of her idol. Sooyoung, seeing how Yerim is acting, scoffed.

“That girl was after our necks just a while earlier. She was so eager to kill us but now you are flirting with her!?”

Yerim’s eyes widened in embarrassment. Her hand automatically moved to give Sooyoung a smack on the shoulder. Jennie lowered her head in the other hand.

“Why are you acting like that, Sooyoung?” Yerim angrily asked. “How many times shall the Vampire Princess explain about what happened? Jennie-ssi wasn’t able to control herself that time because she was under some sort of hypnotism, got that!?”

Sooyoung let out a sly smile. “Can’t control? But what do you think about what the knight did earlier? She was also under that hypnotism but she managed to save the Princess!”

“Sooyoung!”

“Sooyoung-ssi is correct.” The two turned to Jennie, a faint smile was painted on her face. “Sakura-unnie was really a strong knight. I will give my best to train as I aim to be more like her. It is my honour as a vampire to step in this place even though I almost betrayed the Princess.”

Her fists th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter